Finishing the 2019-20 NBA season ----- **SPOILERS**

I would like to see a POR vs PHO match up for the play in.

I don't get why the Spurs will play 3 less games and probably miss out? Or will it go on percentage?

Everyone has 1 game left to play.

Weak tech fouls on Porzingis. That's rough

So my (rambling) thoughts are; while it sucks to get ejected over it there is nothing wrong with the call.

That is *always* a double tech. If it happened in a random mid-season game and it was each players only tech for the match you wouldn't even realise it happened and no-one would care. Should the rules really change because one guy was stupid enough to 1) already pick up a tech and 2) stupid enough to then come rushing in as the "third guy"? Should the rules change then because he is the second best guy on a team and not the 10th best?

Anyone who has played (or watched) sport must have figured out by now that bad things tend to happen to the guy who comes charging in.

As to his first tech, I have seen no footage but if it was on an errant foul callas written, why did he not just ask to have it challenged? There is no reason to act all petulant about fouls now. If you truly did not foul someone then go to the video and prove it.

I wish refs gave *more* techs for players acting like little bitches after foul calls because 99% of the time the player moaning clearly fouled the guy.

I reffed basketball for years and I hated it. It is so fast and so much happens you have split seconds to make each call and stick with it. If you wait two seconds to make a call generally six other things have happened and everyone is grumpy that you were late on the call from what now seems like an eternity ago. To then have players constantly moan at you when you either make the correct call and they wont admit it, or because they don't understand the rules is so frustrating as a ref.

Once I started reffing I realised what an d**k I was as a player and immediately held my tongue a lot more. (Very much like when I started working in a bar and realised all the drunken behaviour I thought was funny was actually just bloody annoying!).

Now umpiring cricket, is much more my thing — I can take my sweet time making decisions.

What a day.

Apparently a lot of money is flowing for the Blazers to upset.

I think it'll be a great series. But ultimately AD has proved way too much for POR to handle in the past. Games should be awesome to watch though.

Big win by ORL, they beat TOR in game 1 last season so I'm sure MIL will bounce back.

The first round is great with so many games on.

I bet the Blazers are a nightmare scenario for LA.

Blazers with Lillard on fire and Nurkic back are a much more different team to the one that limped through the regular season. I am sure the Lakers would have much preferred the youth of Memphis or say the Spurs without Aldridge.

Still, looking at the Blazers starting Wenyen Gabriel and Fat Melo it is hard to get too excited. Losing Ariza pre-bubble hurts and having Collins out too.

So my (rambling) thoughts are; while it sucks to get ejected over it there is nothing wrong with the call.

That is *always* a double tech. If it happened in a random mid-season game and it was each players only tech for the match you wouldn't even realise it happened and no-one would care. Should the rules really change because one guy was stupid enough to 1) already pick up a tech and 2) stupid enough to then come rushing in as the "third guy"? Should the rules change then because he is the second best guy on a team and not the 10th best?

Anyone who has played (or watched) sport must have figured out by now that bad things tend to happen to the guy who comes charging in.

As to his first tech, I have seen no footage but if it was on an errant foul callas written, why did he not just ask to have it challenged? There is no reason to act all petulant about fouls now. If you truly did not foul someone then go to the video and prove it.

I wish refs gave *more* techs for players acting like little bitches after foul calls because 99% of the time the player moaning clearly fouled the guy.

I reffed basketball for years and I hated it. It is so fast and so much happens you have split seconds to make each call and stick with it. If you wait two seconds to make a call generally six other things have happened and everyone is grumpy that you were late on the call from what now seems like an eternity ago. To then have players constantly moan at you when you either make the correct call and they wont admit it, or because they don't understand the rules is so frustrating as a ref.

Once I started reffing I realised what an d**k I was as a player and immediately held my tongue a lot more. (Very much like when I started working in a bar and realised all the drunken behaviour I thought was funny was actually just bloody annoying!).

Now umpiring cricket, is much more my thing — I can take my sweet time making decisions.

I get it tech foul automatically for hand waving a refs call - but it's not consistent. he didn't continue on with it, it was a tiny frustration wave and then done with.
I think it was this first tech they were late on challenging (?) cause you have to do it within 30 seconds (?) and the free throws were already started, it was weird.

I don't think he charged in at all on the play it was simply getting the other guy off his teammate - Morris was in the wrong and then decides to come back at Luka and grab him? crazy. there has to be a bit of give there in such a heated situation and playoffs. bad reffing imo.

It's incredible to watch Dame make those shots.

I think Lakers still get this 4-2. They haven't had to play at this intensity for a long while.

I mean, LeBron hasn't even had a Playoff game for 2 years 😋

Should be a great series before they roll through Houston also.

Back
Top Bottom