Finals: Game 2, Adelaide vs Freemantle.

well, ill be the first to make a statement: Freo will woop us on friday. ill be happy as hell if we somehow come out on top, but common sense dictates that a team coming out of a form slump with major injuries is never going to beat a full strength team on a 9 win streak.

although stranger things have happened in footy...;)

anyway...CARNTHECROWS!!!

Don't count the Crows out yet. Their strength all year has not been their stars, but in their even performances. Freo are unproven in finals, they've only played one and my Bombers pumped by 8 goals at Subi in that one. I would much rather be on the Crows next week myself. It's a whole different game come finals time :)

yeah good points bargey, but i just cant see a crow win, freo have so much momentum coming into this game, its gonna take an almighty effort by the whole team to shut em down. personally, i think farmer is their secret weapon, and we should be able to shut him down with another little quick guy like johncock. pavlich is another matter, i dont think we have anyone who can guard him. if welsh, bode, bock, and the rest of our 2nd tier players can step up (you gotta remember, a lot of our guys have little finals experience too, most of our experienced finals performers are out injured) then we have a shot.

and im thinking that if we beat freo, then the cup is as good as ours! :D

Hey jezza i gotta a mate who plays for the Crows, your first rnd pick from last yrs draft, Richie Douglas, whats your thoughts of him?

He was a awesome juniors player and was a star for Calder.

douglas was a gun on the weekend in his first game of AFL footy! a great little player, looks to have a lot of potential.

Adelaide will win. Can't stand em, but they'll win. Freo are overdue for a loss, Jeff Farmer is due for a terrible game. Freo in general are overdue to show that this is just a fluke and that they aren't really that good. Then again, I would like Adelaide to lose after all the "choking" themes they gave Port.

I'll tip Adelaide in a close one.

This game im more undecided than any of the other three. I think Freo will lose though in adelaide but will come very close. It will be a game deceided in the final minutes. Jeff Farmer has been on fire the past month and if he can be contained i think their whole foward line will crumble and wont put up a match winning score. Adelaide will have 40 thousand people behind them and hopefully the return of at least one of their star players in Roo, Burton, Mcleod.
My prediction Adelaide by 1 ;)

Freo will win by over 40pts and let the world know they are the best team in footy!

yeah of course a fluke run which includes pretty much every team contending for the flag bar Sydney

what a fluke!

i am picking Freo by 12 points, because they have the best form out of any team in the Top 8 atm. The Crows had a huge win on saturday and might just be starting to run back into form. The big question is can freo handle the heat of the finals. As we all know the finals are a huge step up from the home & away season.

Winning 9 games in a row means nothing if you don't do anything once you're in the finals. You've peaked too early anyway, it just doesn't happen without losing a game sooner or later. That might have been the better way to say it, but I knew what I was thinking. :lol:

JZA said:
douglas was a gun on the weekend in his first game of AFL footy! a great little player, looks to have a lot of potential.

Second game JZA HE got smashed the week before with 21 other guys on your team ;) As a Port supporter this is really really hard to say ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm go the Fruit Tingle!!!!!

we'll see soon if their run comes to an end

It's hard to see a weakness in Freo's team ATM and the crows are full of holes right now too!

good win here for the Crows, 2 week break will mean they get back a couple of stars. Burton is pretty much in and maybe the Roo!

Freo started well but just didnt have the gas to run with the Crows. So far ive tipped both winners here.

Good result for the croweaters@!

Back
Top Bottom