Feedback scores ?

tagged

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Craig
I've starting buying some stuff from the states,
How many days must it be here in to give a 5 star feed back rating ?
Also for 4 stars and 3 stars.
Delivery times range from 21 days to currently at 35 days.

as a seller the star system really annoys me, the seller does not have any control over the postal system so why penalise them. Check the date which should be on the envelope if it was posted within 3 days of payment then 5 stars should be given no matter how long it took to get to you.

Please read the below cartoon and decide for yourself

cartoon1a.jpg

Exactly as Foolish as stated. Sellers have NO control over postal systems, so why should they cop the grief?? As log as it was posted 1 - 3 days after payment was made then 5 stars should be given.

Exactly right. If I dont get the cards in 2 weeks, I start looking at the stamp for the dates of when it was posted. Thats when I decide if the seller ships straightaway. I am really surprised that I dont get 5.0 stars for postage time coz I always post within 2 working days. :(

So if it's posted within three days give five stars.
Four to seven days, give four stars.
Eight to fourteen days is three stars, and the last two would really only apply to negative feedback.

as a seller the star system really annoys me, the seller does not have any control over the postal system so why penalise them. Check the date which should be on the envelope if it was posted within 3 days of payment then 5 stars should be given no matter how long it took to get to you.

Please read the below cartoon and decide for yourself

I definitely agree with your statement but I definitely don't agree with the cartoon. Just because you want to leave positive feedback doesn't mean everything was as perfect as it could of been.

I definitely agree with your statement but I definitely don't agree with the cartoon. Just because you want to leave positive feedback doesn't mean everything was as perfect as it could of been.

If you read the cartoon it says "another great ebay purchase" so from that I guess that the sellers item was described well, the seller communicated well, the postage time was decent and the shipping/handling costs were accurate. Why leave good feedback if there was an issue with the transaction? Did you as the buyer contact the seller to explain the issue and give the seller a chance to resolve?

For me the cartoon shows people who purchase on EBAY and leave 4 stars for reason at all.

If you read the cartoon it says "another great ebay purchase" so from that I guess that the sellers item was described well, the seller communicated well, the postage time was decent and the shipping/handling costs were accurate. Why leave good feedback if there was an issue with the transaction? Did you as the buyer contact the seller to explain the issue and give the seller a chance to resolve?

For me the cartoon shows people who purchase on EBAY and leave 4 stars for reason at all.

For me the cartoon says he's leaving 4 stars for some reason; and the cartoon was just created by some ebayer that wanted to have a cry because his star ratings weren't up to scratch.

I have found that on average items from the states take 3-4 weeks to arrive to me here in South Australia.
The guys are right in that you can't blame a seller on the postal service. With 3 separate redemptions from Panini one took 3 1/2 weeks, one took 3 weeks exactly and one 4 1/2 weeks. So generally I am happy to 5 star an ebay item that arrives safely within a month.

Well one of the cards in question arrived to and I took your advice and gave 3 stars for the postage time. I paid for it on the 29/09/11 and it was posted on the 20/10/11. I sent him a PM explaining why I gave the low rating.
Another card turned up today with the card inside the envelope which hadn't been sealed, can't believe it made it in an open envelope. That card made in here in 14 days from the end of auction, 5 stars all the way for him. I also sent him a PM regarding the little mishap.

Well one of the cards in question arrived to and I took your advice and gave 3 stars for the postage time. I paid for it on the 29/09/11 and it was posted on the 20/10/11. I sent him a PM explaining why I gave the low rating.
Another card turned up today with the card inside the envelope which hadn't been sealed, can't believe it made it in an open envelope. That card made in here in 14 days from the end of auction, 5 stars all the way for him. I also sent him a PM regarding the little mishap.

there are some sellers on ebay that are shockers, i mean like 2 to 3 weeks after payment is just dumb

WTF how's that not a negative?

Xmas session is just around the corner so postal systems will get hammered for the next 3 months (well Nov should still be ok) - don't expect items to arrive so soon.

Back
Top Bottom