Father & Son mail....

I think its a disgrace how the #004 and #032 have not become available...

At least Select release jumper number cards!

I also refuse to value that card as anything genuine.. as it is not endorsed by the AFL..

disgusted!

I am not sure of the legalities of this, i guess if they dont show any form of AFL LOGO, and they have the players consent, then maybe they are allowed to?? though i would have thought that the payers would be in some kind of contract to say they cant Proft from these kind of things... so they would have to do it for free i guess??
Bit of an odd one.... Also how does one verify the actual signature, apart from the pics of him signing them.

Still i like the idea, i just wish select would take these kind of steps!!

I think its a disgrace how the #004 and #032 have not become available...

At least Select release jumper number cards!

I also refuse to value that card as anything genuine.. as it is not endorsed by the AFL..

disgusted!

1995 4 quarters were the same, not endorsed by the AFL, and they hold their value quite well. its a bit hard when Select have a strangle hold on the licence, and i bet the AFL would charge an absolute fortune to use their logo on anything. so its not easy for people like Dave from footycards.com to do this sort of thing, everyone is making it as hard as possible to do this sort of thing. i say a massive well done to Dave for having the ideas and the balls to go through with them. im sure its not an easy thing to do, put your money where your mouth is, and select are a pretty big company, to go up against them and release some very nice cards is awesome.

and as for this comment "Also how does one verify the actual signature, apart from the pics of him signing them." the verification is on the back of the card just like Selects. so thats how :thumbsup:

went to one show and three of us were first in the door, the promo's started at #30.
they kept all the low #s :)

I like the idea of making promo's though, especially if it's an ongoing series, like ozcards should do a yearly promo card too i reckon.

My main issue is these low print promo's that have a high price, promo's should be free and the market should decide the value,
not some guy wanting to print money, what next? 1/1's?
yeah hey, come to my card fair and the first to enter through the door can buy this 1/1 for $500
it's not what promo's are about, this is just a money spinner that anyone can do 'cos there's geese willing to pay :)

went to one show and three of us were first in the door, the promo's started at #30.
they kept all the low #s :)

I like the idea of making promo's though, especially if it's an ongoing series, like ozcards should do a yearly promo card too i reckon.

My main issue is these low print promo's that have a high price, promo's should be free and the market should decide the value,
not some guy wanting to print money, what next? 1/1's?
yeah hey, come to my card fair and the first to enter through the door can buy this 1/1 for $500
it's not what promo's are about, this is just a money spinner that anyone can do 'cos there's geese willing to pay :)

exactly mate - well spoken - agree with you that when promo's start at #030 ...something is dodgy...

problem is if we waited for Select to do something like a Father/Son dual signature then we might be waiting quite a while. someone needs to step in and crate some competition, it just gives us collectors something else, another option. and if you dont like it then you dont buy it, simple. and although you dont see this as anything to worry about its surely a good start. and arnt Select doing the same thing with their scanlens release. print them up, name a price and away they go, money straight into their pockets. i dont really care how these sorts of releases come about, fact is its gotta be healthy for the collecting community. and i'll never complain about having too many options to collect :)

cheers
Daz

problem is if we waited for Select to do something like a Father/Son dual signature then we might be waiting quite a while. someone needs to step in and crate some competition, it just gives us collectors something else, another option. and if you dont like it then you dont buy it, simple. and although you dont see this as anything to worry about its surely a good start. and arnt Select doing the same thing with their scanlens release. print them up, name a price and away they go, money straight into their pockets. i dont really care how these sorts of releases come about, fact is its gotta be healthy for the collecting community. and i'll never complain about having too many options to collect :)

cheers
Daz

Daz agree with you totally - said it well. If you dont like it, dont buy it... If you do like it... then buy it! would be good for essendon supporters. My point being - If the card is produced to be sold to card collectors such as you and I, then I dont agree with the producer holding onto certain cards - like jumper numbers and cards less than #030 when he is doing it to make money. I understand that select are starting to slip and this offer of a duel signature is a great idea, and it shows in the opinions of the collectors. Team Coach is killing select..

Select keep one card #001 - which we all understand the reason why....

But if Dave wants to throw attitude around saying - I'm never going to release #004 or #032..... I thinks its more of a negative spin on what he is trying to do.

Would love peoples opinions...

Kids collect teamcoach more than select and there is alot of kids who collect teamcoach;)I don't really like select anymore so I'm going to collect teamcoach base, jonny flynn, eric gordon, brook lopez and derrick rose next year. i like what footycards.com is trying to do and would like to see more but keeping #4 and #32 isnt good as pakchoy said as it puts a negative spin on what they're trying to do...

If I was Dave, I'd keep the #4 and #32 too!

At a time where there is increasing anger and unrest from collectors regarding Select and their products, we should be thankful that someone is willing to at least try something different.

Don't have a view on promo cards per se, as I don't have any interest in them at all.

Appreciate the comments guys!! :D

I was unsure about whether the card would hold any real value, but i liked the concept which is why i brought it (along with being an Essendon supporter). Personally i dont mind if Dave kept the jumper numbers. I ended up with a low number, so im happy with that. Again, the card itself is a great idea, and i hope that the theme is carried through with more releases in the future. Perhaps it was a little pricey though??? How does one come up with the price to sell a card like this at?

FOr those who like it, be sure to vote in the Mastercard Poll :thumbsup:

i got my card aswell and pretty happy with the low number #6
How does anyone know for sure that the #4 and #32 was kept by dave?

Good on him id keep the guernsey nos. also.Essendon supporters are lucky they had such a great collectable
produced.Make some Hawthorn cards Dave id buy em in a heart beat.Keep up the good work.
Well done Matt on the low no. the card is a cracker mate.

I am sure if all of us were Dave we would have liked to keep the jumper numbers, doesnt mean that he should have kept them.
I was never told that the guernsey numbers were not going to be sold but I didnt read that much into it, still happy with the card and was a very good idea, would have been nice to have had a chance at getting a highly collectible number!

He said they were out of 50 didnt he. There were 50 wasnt there. At least someone has got the balls to put something else out there. Everyone complains that Select have the market cornered and then when someone else puts something else out there we all still complain. I have bought one and was greatfull to get it, regardless of the number. Perhaps next time those that are unhappy about the numbering can back off and give others that missed out the chance to get one.

Yeah give David a break...I bet if any of us had a go we'd keep the special numbers too.

I know I'd keep Riewoldt's 12 or Harvey's 35.

Not like any of us could do 1/1000th as well as Dave did if we tried...we don't even know which strings to pull...I surely don't have Nick Riewoldt's mobile number on speed dial.

I havent complained about select before and this is the first non select card I have bought to try something different, why? because it looked good and liked the idea and am still happy with the card, dont agree that the jumper cards are kept though, in this case the 2 extra cards could have been sold and 2 other paying collectors like me could have got their hands on a card.
It would be great if collectors didnt care about low numbered or jumper numbered cards, everytime I bid on a low numbered card it seems the same person outbids me, I wish they would back off too :)

Back
Top Bottom