Fake Scanlens Wrappers

MikeK

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Mike
eBay User
gmil-mk
I was cruising eBay and was really dismayed to come across these listings out of the US (among many, many, others available):

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/313629876077
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/313632929376
They'd be fairly easy to tell from an original (if you've held one) but one thing I've liked about this hobby is the lack of fake cards (OK, "acheron mint" rubbish and fake IP sigs aside). Regardless of his logic, once they leave his hands, and later the original purchasers, they'll just confuse things.

:mad::red::mad:

Fake-1974-Scanlens-Wrapper-1.jpg
Fake-1974-Scanlens-Wrapper-2.jpg
Fake-1975-Scanlens-Wrapper-1.jpg
Fake-1975-Scanlens-Wrapper-2.jpg

Wow not good.

It will have an effect similiar to the Dynamic liquidation sale where it is hard to tell fake from real and as a result the values for the real will decline as there is always some doubt. It's also the same as with the retro stickers have had an impact on the original old sticker prices as well.

Posting at 2.10am, yes, you were cruising.............

Wow not good.

It will have an effect similiar to the Dynamic liquidation sale where it is hard to tell fake from real and as a result the values for the real will decline as there is always some doubt. It's also the same as with the retro stickers have had an impact on the original old sticker prices as well.

Posting at 2.10am, yes, you were cruising.............
Could of been cruising for other things a lot less savoury, so pretty harmless 🤣

Wow, i just saw these, theres huge differences, for 1, there not like the wax wrappers, do they mention they are fake.
Yes they clearly state they are reproductions and plead to the buyers better judgement not to try and sell them as originals, but we all know that wont happen.

I only have a couple of original wrappers so cant really compare them. Dave I'm keen to know where the huge differences are? To me they look very similiar to pictures of originals I have without any glaringly obvious differences. Yes they look brand new and don't have any folds which is a bit of a give away but hey giving them a used look wouldn't be hard to do.

Yes they clearly state they are reproductions and plead to the buyers better judgement not to try and sell them as originals, but we all know that wont happen.

I only have a couple of original wrappers so cant really compare them. Dave I'm keen to know where the huge differences are? To me they look very similiar to pictures of originals I have without any glaringly obvious differences. Yes they look brand new and don't have any folds which is a bit of a give away but hey giving them a used look wouldn't be hard to do.
Ross, will try and take a few picks in the next couple of days

Yep they look a bit blurred compared to the original pics you have posted.

Nice to have a quick and easy way of identifying the difference.

So these are going to cost about $50 australian delivered to your door. Some of the originals are only double or twice the price of the copies why would you even bother buying the repo ones. I know one thing your fake copy for sale here in australia wont be worth $50

So these are going to cost about $50 australian delivered to your door. Some of the originals are only double or twice the price of the copies why would you even bother buying the repo ones. I know one thing your fake copy for sale here in australia wont be worth $50
Looks more like $30 AUD to me for one and then if you bulk buy I assume the seller will combine postage..................

Plus in most businesses achieving a 100% margin on a product is a dream.

We just need to be vigilant and if we see a fake being sold as an original call it out and make sure everyone knows.

Ross

Looks more like $30 AUD to me for one and then if you bulk buy I assume the seller will combine postage..................

Plus in most businesses achieving a 100% margin on a product is a dream.

We just need to be vigilant and if we see a fake being sold as an original call it out and make sure everyone knows.

Ross
Right on Ross.

Back
Top Bottom