Essendon Select 140th Anniversary Album (Pic & MOJO Heavy)

jefferson

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Jeff
eBay User
jeff_co8
Hey guys,

As soon as I complain about waiting for over 2 months, this album arrives today :lol:

The album is numbered out of 200 and comes with 9 signatures - Greg Sewell, Ken Fraser, Barry Davis, Terry Daniher, Simon Madden, Kevin Sheedy, Tim Watson, James Hird & Jobe Watson.

The album set was supposed to have Michael Long in it, but looks like they swapped him with Jobe.

Got to say, have mixed feelings about it as some of the sigs look like they have been scratched/faded and were signed using a whiteboard marker...

I like the fact that they included retrospective Brownlow & Norm Smith medal winner cards as well as this being Terry Daniher's first signature card ;)

Also managed to pick up the #005 set, so very happy getting James Hird & Terry Daniher guernsey numbered cards :thumbsup:

DSC_0006 (640x426).jpg

DSC_0007 (640x426).jpg

DSC_0005 (640x426) (640x426).jpg

DSC_0008 (640x426).jpg
DSC_0009 (640x426).jpg
DSC_0010 (640x426).jpg
DSC_0011 (640x426).jpg
DSC_0012 (640x426).jpg
DSC_0013 (640x426).jpg
DSC_0014 (640x426) (640x426).jpg
DSC_0015 (640x426).jpg
DSC_0016 (640x426).jpg
DSC_0017 (640x426).jpg
DSC_0018 (640x426).jpg
DSC_0019 (640x426).jpg
DSC_0020 (640x426).jpg

Very nice Jeff!! lol at the photo they used for the Sewell! But I will still be getting it for sure very soon!!! Awesome number!! Grats mate.
Sigs still look nice though, love the Barry Davis!!

Cheers Will! I think the Daniher sig card is my favourite, since this is his first signature card (even young Joe got one in first :lol:) and the Daniher brothers have really nice sigs.

Really love flipping through the album and reading all the descriptions and stats. Makes for a really good piece of history of the club and can see myself taking out the album a few times over the years and having a look. Well done Select :thumbsup:

Hopefully other collectors will have the opportunity to enjoy something similar from their clubs ;)

Looks great I hope they do a Melbourne 1 aswell, how did you get onto it and how much are they

They were available for pre-order from the club website back in June.

Select just sent out an email and have updated their website regarding the Essendon and Richmond sets

They look good, guessing the Hawks set gave them the idea to do other teams. Shame this set doesnt include a match used ball card like the Hawks set does. Would have been a nice addition to a nice looking set.

They look good, guessing the Hawks set gave them the idea to do other teams. Shame this set doesnt include a match used ball card like the Hawks set does. Would have been a nice addition to a nice looking set.

Thanks Darren! I might be missing a card as Select is advertising it as a 140 card set with a Michael Long sig card as well :eek:

Apparently Michael Long ate all his cards by mistake while signing...

Ouch! :lol:

Just got back from Select regarding the damaging cards and other issues - looks like there is meant to be 138 cards from the album (checklist not counted), and 2 more sigs from the tins. I will be able to get my sig cards replaced, which is good news :thumbsup:

That's a great set of cards, well worth every cent of what you paid!

And to hit 2 Guernsey numbered cards you must be stoked! :thumbsup:

Yep, was very fortunate and grateful that the club was able to get the #005 set for me.

Will treasure the whole album in my collection :thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom