ESP Elite 2015 Official Thread (Sell Sheet Page 44)

I think there's a big difference between ESP selling all their stock and their distributors "selling out" of stock. 2014 Elite was "sold out" last year but cases of that can still be easily sourced.

Regards
Mike

I think there's a big difference between ESP selling all their stock and their distributors "selling out" of stock. 2014 Elite was "sold out" last year but cases of that can still be easily sourced.

Regards
Mike

Agreed, however I have seen a few comments around people not wanting to hold onto a massive amount of stock of this years release so it might be closer to actually being sold out than last years release, which I also find very surprising, the only thing I can think of is that people are really chasing the mojo packs

Agreed, however I have seen a few comments around people not wanting to hold onto a massive amount of stock of this years release so it might be closer to actually being sold out than last years release, which I also find very surprising, the only thing I can think of is that people are really chasing the mojo packs
Last year it was the 1/1 this year it is the mojo's.

I think as mentioned above, ESP may have sold out of its stock at a wholesale level, but I'd be surprised if stock wasn't still freely available at least for a few more months at a distributor level.

Group breaks like the ones @Diggaz TC run are great and no doubt helping to move more product.

I don't think it will be long before we see low end releases targeted to the retail market and the higher end sets aimed solely at group breakers.

It's what's already happening in the U.S.

I would love to see a really high end series with some 1/1 logo jersey signature patches, dual/triple/quad signatures, ball patches, old/retired club legends, all thick super premium cards with the high end price tag to match, $200/box with 10 cards in it or something like that, the NBA do this and its one thing that I am supremely jealous of.

Not a big fan of the 1/1 parallel cards or low number edition parallel cards, the non-sport Benchwarmers do this the worst, silver foil, gold foil, green foil, blue foil, pink foil, purple foil and red foil - all of the same card at different ltd #s. That is overkill and to be honest sort of seems to be where ESP is wanting to go....

1/1s and other low numbered releases should be unique and should be something like quad signature club players - #1,6,7,9 of a club all signed on 1 card or the clublogo i.e. panther head (@Diggaz TC mentioned he saw one of these when redeeming his jersey cards) auto - as a side note the auto also needs to be on the card, not a fan of the sig on the jersey like they did a few years ago and especially not a fan of sticker autos. Could even do the same for Australia / NZ / QLD / NSW / All Stars / Under 20s etc..

I feel like a broken record, been wanting this sort of stuff for such a long time and with ESP taking over was hoping to get some change, but it seems like they are adamant that they want to stick to small / negligible innovation. Then again, maybe we need to be more specific when wanting stuff like this, I mean when they finally do deliver something everyone has been wanting for ages, Jersey Signatures limited to 50 each, they go with fairly poor player choices, which I just can't see holding significant value in the long term.

Anyway, just my 2c.

I would love to see a really high end series with some 1/1 logo jersey signature patches, dual/triple/quad signatures, ball patches, old/retired club legends, all thick super premium cards with the high end price tag to match, $200/box with 10 cards in it or something like that, the NBA do this and its one thing that I am supremely jealous of.

Not a big fan of the 1/1 parallel cards or low number edition parallel cards, the non-sport Benchwarmers do this the worst, silver foil, gold foil, green foil, blue foil, pink foil, purple foil and red foil - all of the same card at different ltd #s. That is overkill and to be honest sort of seems to be where ESP is wanting to go....

1/1s and other low numbered releases should be unique and should be something like quad signature club players - #1,6,7,9 of a club all signed on 1 card or the clublogo i.e. panther head (@Diggaz TC mentioned he saw one of these when redeeming his jersey cards) auto - as a side note the auto also needs to be on the card, not a fan of the sig on the jersey like they did a few years ago and especially not a fan of sticker autos. Could even do the same for Australia / NZ / QLD / NSW / All Stars / Under 20s etc..

I feel like a broken record, been wanting this sort of stuff for such a long time and with ESP taking over was hoping to get some change, but it seems like they are adamant that they want to stick to small / negligible innovation. Then again, maybe we need to be more specific when wanting stuff like this, I mean when they finally do deliver something everyone has been wanting for ages, Jersey Signatures limited to 50 each, they go with fairly poor player choices, which I just can't see holding significant value in the long term.

Anyway, just my 2c.

My collection is already on life support, but if these suggestions became reality then that would be the end of it.

$ and inability to keep my team collection complete.
Would you be happy to continue to collect series 1 & 2 (or just series 1) without collecting a separate high end series, or collecting what you can?

For my personal opinion I don't see this type of reasoning as a stopping point - there are lots of different types of collectors and at the moment they seem to be missing out on a whole segment of the community. I mean I understand the team / player collector mentality of wanting to collect at least 1 of everything, but think about it from a different point of view, actually picking up a 1/1 for yourself, the feeling of knowing that you have something that no one else has of your favourite player / team and the drive to want to have more - it means that you will always be collecting and are always on the lookout for that special 1/1 that you really really want.

I mean if you really think about it, having jersey cards at all means you can't possibly collect every card, as there are going to be so many different combinations, the panther head as an example, there is only 1 panther head on the jersey (I assume ;) ) you would need to pick up a heap of them to get the various single colors, dual colours, triple colors, sponsor sections etc... Where do you draw the line?

To me, it just means that you make a decision on your collection as a collector and everyone will have it differently, but to not market to a subset of the community because its going to cost too much for some or cause people to draw that line, I just feel is short sighted. Not trying to say that your view is wrong or right, just that everyone is different and at some point need to draw the line.

For me personally, I was trying to collect every master set of every year. Which got to the point that a new release would come out and I'm not even close to finishing the set from the year before, I was constantly playing catch-up. Then money also became an issue a while ago, so I started to sell off my entire collection, now I have made the decision that I will only collect a much much smaller subset of cards that I really like and enjoy looking at. For me, this was just the evolution of me as a collector - I would love to have completed some of the master sets that I was close to, however I have had to adjust and I dont mind that.

What I do care about tho, is that I don't want to be disappointed looking at the "premium" NRL release and saying - there is literally nothing I want to keep and I'm also going to struggle to get my money back after deciding early on that I would pick up a case and more. I love opening boxes and packs and that chance of hitting a big card and/or beating the odds is all part of the thrill for me and the team break case shares have been super entertaining, even tho I have had a pretty poor run - didn't get a single box hit in any of the shares I have been in, despite that I love being involved with them anyway. And, I mean, I will probably continue collecting regardless - lets be honest I'm addicted :D - but if next years releases are of similar quality, I highly doubt I will be spending anywhere near what I spent this year on them.

sorry for the rant - I promise my next post wont be 500 words long ;)

I'm actually a commons collector myself.

It seems like a secondary concern now.

They look shit, the player selection is rubbish and a lot of collectors don't even want them.

So I'm all for an elite set that does away with commons altogether.

1/1 would be a bad idea.
Look at these mojo packs, sellers are wanting $500 plus for a set of cards that is not much different than the common, silver and gold parallel.
Imagine if they actually make 1/1's that are jersey or decent quality cards. I understand it's a money game but it should remain achievable that's what makes us different from the U.S cards.
I like being able to say I have every titans card on the market
No smaller than 1/5 please.

1/1 would be a bad idea.
Look at these mojo packs, sellers are wanting $500 plus for a set of cards that is not much different than the common, silver and gold parallel.
Imagine if they actually make 1/1's that are jersey or decent quality cards. I understand it's a money game but it should remain achievable that's what makes us different from the U.S cards.
I like being able to say I have every titans card on the market
No smaller than 1/5 please.
I'm curious, if the titans had of been one of the jersey cards, would you have just collected 1, do the patch variations not hold any significance, is that just me?

Would you be happy to continue to collect series 1 & 2 (or just series 1) without collecting a separate high end series, or collecting what you can?

For my personal opinion I don't see this type of reasoning as a stopping point - there are lots of different types of collectors and at the moment they seem to be missing out on a whole segment of the community. I mean I understand the team / player collector mentality of wanting to collect at least 1 of everything, but think about it from a different point of view, actually picking up a 1/1 for yourself, the feeling of knowing that you have something that no one else has of your favourite player / team and the drive to want to have more - it means that you will always be collecting and are always on the lookout for that special 1/1 that you really really want.

I mean if you really think about it, having jersey cards at all means you can't possibly collect every card, as there are going to be so many different combinations, the panther head as an example, there is only 1 panther head on the jersey (I assume ;) ) you would need to pick up a heap of them to get the various single colors, dual colours, triple colors, sponsor sections etc... Where do you draw the line?

To me, it just means that you make a decision on your collection as a collector and everyone will have it differently, but to not market to a subset of the community because its going to cost too much for some or cause people to draw that line, I just feel is short sighted. Not trying to say that your view is wrong or right, just that everyone is different and at some point need to draw the line.

For me personally, I was trying to collect every master set of every year. Which got to the point that a new release would come out and I'm not even close to finishing the set from the year before, I was constantly playing catch-up. Then money also became an issue a while ago, so I started to sell off my entire collection, now I have made the decision that I will only collect a much much smaller subset of cards that I really like and enjoy looking at. For me, this was just the evolution of me as a collector - I would love to have completed some of the master sets that I was close to, however I have had to adjust and I dont mind that.

What I do care about tho, is that I don't want to be disappointed looking at the "premium" NRL release and saying - there is literally nothing I want to keep and I'm also going to struggle to get my money back after deciding early on that I would pick up a case and more. I love opening boxes and packs and that chance of hitting a big card and/or beating the odds is all part of the thrill for me and the team break case shares have been super entertaining, even tho I have had a pretty poor run - didn't get a single box hit in any of the shares I have been in, despite that I love being involved with them anyway. And, I mean, I will probably continue collecting regardless - lets be honest I'm addicted :D - but if next years releases are of similar quality, I highly doubt I will be spending anywhere near what I spent this year on them.

I don't get why I'd be so happy to have a 1/1 card, I'd rather the other Knights collectors out there get the chance to complete their sets as well.

The jersey cards are numbered out of 50. They are no more 1/1 than every single signature card is, because you will never get two signatures that are identical.

But to answer your question, no I wouldn't just keep collecting series one if another series was impossible to complete.

Regards
Mike

You are correct Mike and I didn't clarify that properly, but I think it was done for me by matt26

While I can see why you might be excited to have something no one else has but for me I want to collect something I have a chance of finishing. Last years 1/1 means it is highly unlikely I will ever achieve that but i am hoping somehow I will get it. if it happens again it means I know I never will get everything so I may as well give up, no use throwing big money at something that can no longer be completed, at least the other limited releases if you are prepared to pay enough you will get what you want, 1/1s are too limiting and I think it takes away another enjoyment of collecting.... Helping others. I love helping others complete their sets and seeing them showoff their completed sets, even if i don't like their team its still great to see their dedication pay off. My joy in gaining a 1/1 would be equally met with disappointment that my mates can never get it for their collection.

I also don't think future 1/1 would sell for as much as last years, as i think ppl went harder bc they knew they needed it to complete their sets but if it happens more often people will be over it.

Granted this is just one opinion although i do suspect that based on all the anger and negativity last year from the 1/1 it is probably an opinion held by the majority of collectors out there. I give credit to esp that they seem to of listened and not repeated that mistake.

I'm curious, if the titans had of been one of the jersey cards, would you have just collected 1, do the patch variations not hold any significance, is that just me?
For me I would potentially have gone after a low number, a decent patch, one to possibly get graded and then possibly another depending on the player as I have player collections as well

I think the difference is complete NBA sets for a team have been unobtainable for collectors for a long time now. A lot of NRL collectors are geared towards complete team sets though - if you take away the possibility of that (which is already happening with ridiculous low numbered parallel sets) you risk more people walking away from the hobby than has already been the case since ESP took over.

TBH at this stage all it would take is a Raiders card I know I can't get to sell up pretty much my entire collection. Parallels are sucking my will to collect.

I know it was mentioned amongst the 80+ pages in this thread, but wanted to know what each insert is limited to (team sets)

- Silver Parallels
- Gold Parallels
- Pennants
- Club Champions
- Unsigned YG's

Back
Top Bottom