ESP Elite 2015 Official Thread (Sell Sheet Page 44)

I'm not buying even one box till I see the qaulity and the images of these cards , they don't want to release images for this set before they come out, then I'm sure a lot of poeple are goin to hold back before release date! I think the thurston folder card looks ordinary ? lets hope it's no a sign of things to come?

The significant price increase is obviously the biggest issue. Perhaps ESP need to do a hobby and retail release of elite to cater for all budgets.

I would have thought the broader level of the 3 releases is enough. Power Play, Traders & then Elite. This caters for all budgets, with Elite more so catering for the higher end collectors a lot of whom may not care for P Play and Traders.

The price hike is relative to the quality of the series. Elite only needs to be twice as good as Traders, if it is, that to me value for money. You pay for quality its pure and simple.

Last edited:
I dont mind the $8.99 news agents price tag.

Stocking a box at a time, I imagine corner shops dont qualify for discounts on bulk buys like dealers. If there is no margin (or very little at $7.99), they wont stock the product, so whats worse? There are other options, buy by the box at $7.19 a pack. Go in with 3 mates if a box is too pricey.

The single pack price will also hopefully deter box searchers, a lot of whom were on this very forum last year crapping on that they had sucessfully searched boxes for WCHP or sigs.

Last edited:
I would have thought the broader level of the 3 releases is enough. Power Play, Traders & then Elite. This caters for all budgets, with Elite more so catering for the higher end collectors a lot of whom may not care for P Play and Traders.

The price hike is relative to the quality of the series. Elite only needs to be twice as good as Traders, if it is, that to me value for money. You pay for quality its pure and simple.

$3 per packet in one year is huge. Let's hope your right about the quality being top notch. The last thing you want to do is drive collectors out of the hobby and the huge price hike without a significant increase in quality will do this

The single pack price will also hopefully deter box searchers, a lot of whom were on this very forum last year crapping on that they had sucessfully searched boxes for WCHP or sigs.

The pack price deters me from buying a pack let alone slipping my hand inside a box, having a bit of a search and picking out a packet.

This used to be a hobby. It has now become a lifestyle choice.

Someone said it earlier- gouging!!! I don't know how they can justify a price rise. Surely foil stamping a few extra cards, cannot be that expensive. They would've saved a heap of money by not signing 16 league sensations, which in my opinion, was the best thing about the Elite brand. To replace them we're going to get 4 jersey cards, and from most opinions, they're going to be from nuffys, which would probably cost $400-600 each.
I personally think there is just no value in this at all, but all you crazy team and set collectors, will again pay stupid prices for what I would call inserts (not hits), and leading ESP to believe they are offering up some great release.
As a collector, I'll probably be up for one card, my teams young gun signature ( and still filthy that I don't have a chance at a league sensations signature of Jamie Lyon, or Steve Matai)

I'm disappointed in the loss of the league sensations too... (Although I'm glad not to add a gavin cooper sig to my set!)... I was however looking forward to adding a cooper cronk......... If anyone is waiting to out shine someone in their own team it's gotta be him!! It would have been nice to seal it off at three of them for display purposes! I am happy to have gotten a Matt Scott sig before the league sensation cutoff!!

M

One of the most heavily discussed topics in this discussion thread has been about parallels and the numbering. Just thought it was an interesting side note to look at what the EXTREME high end of the hobby has produced in a big market like the NBA.

There has been several comments referring to us heading down the American Sports structure to sets. Whether that is a good or bad thing.....well I guess we will see.

It's all relative to the size of the base set. The AFL has 18 teams, 12 cards per team. It's a 220 card Base Set compared to the NRL's 161. So they have to increase the amount of packets to complete a base set. The overall price of a box is the same. ESP could always expand it to 36 packs and give you a stack more commons and lower the price per pack so that it's still costing the same amount over a box of 36 packets. Would all those extra commons make it feel like you're getting a better deal now???

If this is going to be such a great release why have they not released the checklist ...It has nothing to do with the pre-sales as that is already happening ....

Why do we have bball cards in a 2015 Elite thread?

To take the heat off the release ...

Last edited:
Have saved up for a year to make a substantial investment in this release (as in previous years). My main aim is to complete as many of the insert sets or parallel sets as I can with the cards I get from my purchase (through trades).

What peeves me is all of the low ballers who have posted negative comments on this thread (won't be buying, too expensive) that will be asking me to sell to them at minimal prices.

Have saved up for a year to make a substantial investment in this release (as in previous years). My main aim is to complete as many of the insert sets or parallel sets as I can with the cards I get from my purchase (through trades).

What peeves me is all of the low ballers who have posted negative comments on this thread (won't be buying, too expensive) that will be asking me to sell to them at minimal prices.
Did you maybe stop to think that maybe the people who are saying it is too expensive have family and other commitments before lashing out 1700 smackers on a release that sounds like a souped up Traders release ?

We were relying on a big hit with the Jersey Cards. If the names that have been pandered about are accurate this releases is a dud. No value in case hits.

Did you maybe stop to think that maybe the people who are saying it is too expensive have family and other commitments before lashing out 1700 smackers on a release that sounds like a souped up Traders release ?
Your choice to buy or not. Just don't expect others to feed your addiction at their loss.

Back
Top Bottom