WoobieZarz

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Scotty
eBay User
WoobieZarz
COMC User
WoobieZarz
So I bought a card off this person for a couple of bucks off ebay, and it arrived Wednesday in a paper envelope.

The card was ok, no damage luckily.

I left them the following feedback (POSITIVE MIND YOU)
"Great Ebay seller! But word of advice, please dont use paper envelopes. :)"

I was happy that the card arrived safely, but disappointed that it was in a paper envelope.

Here's an email that was sent to me, followed by my response.

I feel that people should know how this person operates as they are on Ebay a lot (well they have 500+ feedback, so I'm assuming they sell a bit).

"Hi there,
Just like to make a point to you that your a seller yourself and i know
for fact you are..
When your clients buy 1 single card from you dont tell me you post the 1
single card in a bubble mailer?
I dont think so.. and if you say you do i think your liaring. I have purchased many cards myself here in australia and have myself received the cards in an envelope i feel as long as you get the card it dosent matter how you receive it.
All my cards sent are well protected in penney sleeves and in hard cover
for protection.

Also like to state that when my clients buy more than 1 card they are always
sent in a bubble mailer bag.

If you feel cheated in some way plz do not bid on my cards again. I'm writing this to you because i didnt appreciate the feedback you left me.
Dont worry i will be leaving good feedback for you i'm not the type of person to bite back.

Kind regards booboo391"

My Response:
"Hey, I meant no harm or disrespect. I left a positive feedback, I think my words were "Great Ebay Seller"?

I was happy that the card arrived safely, but I think you will find that 9/10 people will send in Bubble Mailers. They only cost $1.80 to post (that's $.80c for the mailer and $1 to post it).

I've had numerous cards turn up in paper envelopes with the top loaders cracked, or smashed, and the card(s) ruined.

I hope that you can see the positive side of my feedback rather than taking it as critisism.

Regards

Scott
Taz_Cardz"

sorry man im with the seller... u bought a card for a couple bucks.. he put it in a penny sleeve and toploader .. what more do u want? unless he charged something mental for postage, surely youre not fussed!?

What would a morning be without a Mavsman heated discusion :-D

Yeah its poor form and if says its because he recieves others like that he is just continuing the poor service. Its like when one person crosses the street against the lights and another and another and before you know it everyone crosses as everyone else did.

I wouldn't have been as nice after you left a positive and all. ;-)

And I'm sure you paid enough to cover a 80 cent mailer.

I'm with Mavs on this, postage is almost always $2 within AUstralia.... and if you sell heaps you're gettign your toploaders in bulk and pretty cheap and should thus spend that $2 postage on the bubble mailer....

like has been said before, every card matters, if someone buys it, they want it for a reason, thus it should be looked after.

And that email was just a wank... good feedback and a some friendly advice is not harmful... complete wank.

Right with you on this one Scotty.

EDIT: $2.50 postage, that covers a bubble mailer posted & TOP LOADER!!!

Who's that tight they can't do that????

Regardless of the price I paid for the card, it obviously has some value to me, else I wouldnt have bought it. I'd be pissed if it arrived ****ed, and I'm sure you would be too Jimmy....

I've said it time and time again. Posting in a bubble prevents it going thru the sorting machines. All white envelopes go thru them and thru rollers etc. Padded bags don't and get hand sorted. Enough of a reason to a use a mailer.

If it's so important to you, why not compose a template email -- i.e. blah blah please send in a padded blah and each time you make a purchase on ebay you can send that email at the same time you make payment?

Anyhow, let's just agree to disagree ;)

I am with Scotty on this one....gotta be sending all cards in bubble mailers.

Jimmy....you used to be cool ;) :p

Back
Top Bottom