ebay payment problems

juxedo

OzCardTrader
Real Name
juxedo
Been having problems with ebay lately that's making payment of some purchases impossible. I'm sure many on this board have encountered it and someone would have come up with a simple enough solution.

I've been making quite a lot of card purchases lately from the US (will be posting a killer mailday soonish) so decided to make my COMC address my primary shipping address. However, there have been a few instances where it is more beneficial to post the items directly to my Australian address. eBay allows me to change my adress during checkout and pay for the auction if i've only bought 1 item from that particular seller. But if I purchased a few items and select for all of them to be shipped to my Australian address eBay throws a tantrum. An error pops up stating that the seller doesn't ship to that country and to contact the seller. I then have to switch my primary address to Australia, contact the seller to tell them to send me another invoice with my Australian address, pay for the items once I get the invoice, then switch back to my COMC address. This solution of mine doesn't work all the time leaving me to pay the exhorbitant international shipping fees that ebay sets.

Has anybody else encountered this?

Yep. Latest example is yesterday's purchase from a seller in korea. Won 3 auctions from this seller. At the end of the auctions ebay grouped all my winning auctions from this seller into 1 checkout payment. Everything seemed fine until i changed my shipping address from my comc account in the US to my Australian residential address. As soon as i change my address ebay throws up an error saying the seller doesnt ship to this country and doesnt allow me to proceed any further. This isnt the first incidence and only seems to occur when I win multiple auctions from the same seller and go to change my shipping address. I dont get this error if i only purchase 1 card from a seller.

Would like advice on how to fix this soon. Otherwise i will have to proceed with what ebay is forcing me to do which is to ship the 3 cards from korea to my primary address which is COMC in the US and then get COMC to on-forward it to me here in Australia.

What a bloody stupid system ebay has created. Was never like this a few years ago.

I think this happened to me before with a seller from Philippines. I was not able to choose the Australian address so I contacted seller to request invoice and paid it and it work.

I think once the seller sends you an invoice it's always going to give you this issue.

When that happens, change your primary address to where you want it shipped, and then request an invoice from the seller :thumbsup:

No mobile/app option way, only in desktop mode you can request invoice

I had the same problem a while back, and the seller was not very helpful until I sent him a lovely thank you note.
He ended up changing the address on the label.
After this I make sure I have my address set to where I want it sent BEFORE i buy/bid.
Solved the issue but can be annoying

Thanks for the soln Tanana. That was also my way around the problem but it doesn't work all the time. Tried it this way again and the Korean seller replied back saying that ebay is now throwing a tantrum at his end. He said he got the following error message when he tried to send me a new invoice after i requested for an updated one to my Australian address. This is the second seller i've come across in as many months that has had the same problem at their end when i've requested for a new invoice.

The following critical errors have occurred:

A critical unknown error has occurred.

Delly, I don't think your way would work in my situation. As an example, I have just bought cards from several sellers located in 3 different countries. I can't be switching between accounts before winning each auction because they end within minutes (sometimes seconds) of each other. Also, I wouldn't know when they will send me an invoice so I can't preempt when to switch my accounts.

Tell the seller to check his emails when you sent a request, this should give them a link so they can update invoice. But your primary address must be set while this is all happening.

Annoying I know, I wish a knew a better way around this myself.. :sick:

Have tried that Tanana and the seller still gets an error msg. We've now both contacted ebay to inform them of the problem. Not sure if they would be of any help, usually helpdesk personel aren't technically knowledgeable and just provide generic answers written down on a sheet of paper.

I might have to let these purchases go and never bid on multiple auctions ever again. Shame as it was a bunch of jerry stackhouse rare 90s base parallels like legacy collection and essential credentials.

Looks like a direct PayPal invoice is your only option on this..

Did the seller provide shipping to Australia in his original listing?

I'm an aussie living in Korea and I've had this problem many times, and yes its super annoying.
I have 3 addresses, Comc, Korea and my Australian address.
The problem is once the invoice has been sent there isn't anything you can do about it.
I have had numerous conversations with Ebay and the only solution is to make sure you have selected the correct address as your primary address and
contact the seller before hand to wait before sending an invoice.
Pain in the arse!!!

Reading all your responses it looks like there is no simple fix to this system bug. I can't be bothered wasting my time and energy dealing with ebay reps. I'll just roll with it and try to best manage my ebay purchases with the understanding that at times i might slip up and have to cop the exhorbitant international fees.

Yep ebay is as flakey as fk when it comes to this (Change of address stuff)... Almost all sellers are cool with reissuing an invoice. Which is good! However sometimes ive found ebay issue a warning message saying this seller does not do change of address. Don't be fooled by this. Go into your purchase history page, rather than the checkout page, and send a message to them from there.

Anyway mostly positive from me... I have had one stooge seller however... I've had the card ($0.99) in my ebay for about a month now, and its continually telling me i have an outstanding item. I've tried messaging the seller like 6 times, they are in the US. No response. Called ebay, they sent them a message, no response. Ebay showed me how you can get the sellers phone number as a next alternative... :s I would pay for it but fuked if im paying $US14 freight on a $0.99 cared when the seller can reissue the invoice in two clicks of the mouse to send it to my MMB. Really annoying... perhaps they are away.

Thats my 2 cents worth.

Cheers Jono

Cool thanks. I'll have to look into it. There are some things I dislike tremendously with COMC like the excruciatingly long time it takes to process received cards and make them available for on-shipping.

Back
Top Bottom