DVD Collections :) , What have you brought lately?

I have recently bought Armeggedon....great movie...bloody sad though.

Scrubs is a great show....very very funny.

Friday dvd boxset
Tommy Boy - been looking for this for ages!

Looking to get all the Family Guy series' dvds, VideoEzy got a sale on, each of disc from the series for $11

Recently stocked up on some Vietnam films! Managed to find Full Metal Jacket at a decent price after looking around for ages at a little store in the City (Sydney). Got it for $18

Also picked up Coach Carter recently, only $13!

Hoop Dreams is a ****in amazing movie, easily in my list of the top 10 movies of all time (technically its a doco but whatever). I bought the Criterion Collection release as soon as it came out, paid $40US but worth every cent. one of those movies that i have watched over 20 times and never gets boring, the 3 hours goes by like its 3 minutes...

i wonder what happend to Arthur Agee and William Gates?...would of been an even better story if they made it to the NBA....i wonder if anyone is making another doc simalar to that 1

mickimouse24 said:
i wonder what happend to Arthur Agee and William Gates?...would of been an even better story if they made it to the NBA....i wonder if anyone is making another doc simalar to that 1

Thats what so cool about the Criterion release of HD, it comes with a booklet that tells what has happened in their lives since the movie, the impact of the movie on their lives etc. it also pays tribute to arthurs dad and williams brother, both of which were murdered recently...really sad cos we got to know both guys really well through the movie. it also has 2 commentaries: 1 with the filmmakers and 1 with arthur and william themselves!

I got to finally watch Wolf creek on dvd.
Very impressed! Had my doubts at the start being an australian film, but everything was so well done!
Scarey as hell and makes u think twice of going on a road trip wit a dodgy car lol

I'll back that up!

Watched Wolf Creek last night, WOW, what a film!

A lot of people say it's based on the "Falconio murder" and possibly even the "Milat Story", but I'm not sure.

It's a great Aussie film that will always be one of the better thriller-type movies! Get it if ya can!!

you will cream your pants at how good that directors cut sin city is...seriously awesome package.

did you get the special 2 disc collectors edition, the one with the hard goodbye novel in it? thats the one i have and its seriously one of the best dvds ever made. i havent actually got around to watching the directors cut yet but theres a fair bit of extra scenes.

This is what i got.. forgot to add south park :p

1 of: Dead Man on Campus
1 of: South Park:Complete Seventh Season
1 of: Frank Miller's Sin City (Recut, Extended, Unrated)
1 of: Heathers (THX Version)

DVD Features:
Available Subtitles: Spanish
Available Audio Tracks: English (Dolby Digital 5.1), English (DTS 5.1)
Commentary by: Robert Rodriguez & Frank MillerUnknown Format,Robert Rodriguez & Quentin TarantinoUnknown Format
Recut and extended theatrical release with over 20 minutes of additional footage- separated into four stories
Original theatrical release including:
All-new feature commentary with Robert Rodriguez & Frank Miller
All-new feature commentary with Robert Rodriguez & Quentin Tarantino
An audio track featuring a recording of the Austin premiere audience reaction
Exclusive never-before-seen extras:
15-minute film school with Robert Rodriguez
The movie in high-speed green screen
The Long Take: 17 uninterrupted minutes of Tarantino's segment
Sin City Night at Antones -- filmmakers, cast and crew party
10-minute cooking school with Robert Rodriguez
Bloopers
Teaser & theatrical trailers
A Hard Top With a Decent Engine: The cars of Sin City
Making the Monsters: Special effects make-up
Trench Coats & Fishnets: The costumes of Sin City
Booze, Broads & Guns: The props of Sin City
How it Went Down: Convincing Frank Miller to make the film
Giving the Characters Life: Casting the film
Special guest director: Quentin Tarantino
Sin-Chroni-City interactive game
Complete Sin City Graphic Novel - The Hard Goodbye

;) so yes.. got the novel, and loving all of it.. cant wait for part 2.. alba is a fox

I agree totally. Sin City Recut etc is totally amazing. Loads of extras that will keep you entertained for hours and hours. Great buy White Boy.

My bro and I were collecting DVD's last year got upto 249.... Got a nice little hook up at a video store ;) ..... This year its Cards and NBA Jersey's so the DVD's have slowed up... But most of the big titles.... Box Sets from Sopranos to Nip Tuck even throw in Degrassi Season 1 for a laugh! Most of the NBA DVD Sets....

We recently came into possession of Arrested Development season 3. It has to be the funniest show on tv. I really don't understand why it's not received so well anymore. Hopefully they'll get a fourth season.

great minds think alike funk, i have been rewatching the 2nd season the past week and its better than the first time i watched! very rare are comedies which are genius, this is definitely one of them. theres some weird law of TV nature where the better a show is, the worse it is recieved by the public, and vice versa (everyone going nuts about desperate housewives which is just pure shit). thank christ for DVD.

Back
Top Bottom