Dominance 2020 (series 2) discussion thread

Argh how bad Rowells signature!
Nothing is more annoying to me when players initial there name. The card says signature card not initials card. For example how much better is Jacob Weitering player ink sig card compared to the future force sig card he initialled. Initials drive me nuts, 2 years in a row the number 1 Draft Pick decides to use there initials. Can someone at Select please have a word with these kids.

Last edited:
To be fair to these boys, I don't know any 17/ 18 year old kids with a legit good signature because usually they have ever only needed to sign things on a very rare basis therefor never developed a proper signature.

Well that's how I see it anyway, also my signature is red hot garbage so I can't throw stones lol

Nothing is more annoying to me when players initial there name. The card says signature card not initials card. For example how much better is Jacob Weitering player ink sig card compared to the future force sig card he initialled. Initials drive me nuts, 2 years in a row the number 1 Draft Pick decides to use there initials. Can someone at Select please have a word with these kids.
agree, and well said.
initial's suck!

Initials ruin a good card, yet people still pay good money for them.
As much as I’m not a fan of the initials either, I do agree that they’re mostly all still kids and haven’t really developed a proper signature..
and we all still pay up for them..
Almost doesn’t matter what the sig looks like.. if it’s a players first sig card and potentially only Sig for a while then I’ll still be grabbing it.. a lot of us are team collectors anyway so as long as I have the card I don’t care that much

As much as I’m not a fan of the initials either, I do agree that they’re mostly all still kids and haven’t really developed a proper signature..
Almost doesn’t matter what the sig looks like.. if it’s a players first sig card and potentially only Sig for a while then I’ll still be grabbing it.. a lot of us are team collectors anyway so as long as I have the card I don’t care that much
Write your name if you haven’t got a signature, beats initials.

your correct with your thoughts on the sigh's looks good or not (like you) i'm still going to buy because it would pain me knowing there is a sigh out there and the fear off missing out... but am i just to old or have kids not developed a signature by 18 years old!!!
the look of a signature can make or break a card

but am i just to old (definately the case) or have kids not developed a signature by 18 years old!!!( I would think most would have some idea of how to do a signature because of the world we now live)
the look of a signature can make or break a card (How true)

i just saw the kid from the saints DPS Ryan byrnes, and he has stuffed his sigh to the extreme right hand side of the card
leaving the space provided free.
select really need to leave a note/example to all sighnees on where and how to place the sigh (its not rocket science)

i just saw the kid from the saints DPS Ryan byrnes, and he has stuffed his sigh to the extreme right hand side of the card
leaving the space provided free.
select really need to leave a note/example to all sighnees on where and how to place the sigh (its not rocket science)
Byrnes, Rowell, Jackson signed on the right so as not to interfere with the Draft Pick number.

Captain sig prices last year are way better compared to this year. Cotchin just sold for $500 a couple of weeks back, Bargain when you compare it to Cripps, Pendlebury etc.
Yeah I know, I was referring to the actual signature quality. Heppell's signature last year was terrible.

Yeah I know, I was referring to the actual signature quality. Heppell's signature last year was terrible.
yep, many ess collectors would of been very disappointed with the look of the card, because of the bad sigh (angle and placement) a real let down

It may be a biased view but a captain signature card limited to 50/60 cards for a two time premiership captain and Brownlow medalist should easily be worth $1k

I hear you, card work dose crazy things. The point I’ve brought up since the 1st time Matt Rowell DPS fetch $200 + you have Judd, Hodge, Bartel Spx gold DPS only selling for $100-$200. Proven Premiership, Brownlow & norm smith medal winner 🤷‍♂️
In Hodges case he’s won more premierships then Matt Rowell has played in.

Last edited:
I know they're not ideal and we all want perfect pictures, but my god, they way some on here act about someone's signature, you'd think the players have killed someone. It's annoying yes, but I think there are bigger issues to worry about

Back
Top Bottom