Dominance 2020 (series 2) discussion thread

kk84

OzCardTrader
Real Name
K
Series 2 of Dominance should be released in late June/early July unless COVID-19 impacts plans, so we should start to get some info soon.

What is everyone thinking about this release?

There will obviously be captain signatures/Dominance cards for the teams that missed out last year - meaning the likes of Pendles, Cripps, Fyfe and Bont will have sought after captain sigs this year.

Presumably DPS cards, Players Ink and rookies will return albeit at a strange time when we basically haven't seen any of the rookies play yet (by the time Dominance S1 was released the likes of Walsh, Rozee, Clark, Duursma, Blakey, Thomas and Smith had already established themselves as stars on the rise).

With Premiership Predictors in Footy Stars this year there will probably be a replacement 1:36 pack numbered hit, and also something to replace the High Flyers/Legacy FHOF concept.

It will also be interesting to see if there is another Gen Next redemption to follow the Ablett and Shaw cards from the last 2 years. Ken and Dustin Fletcher, or Serge and Steve Silvagni, would seem like possible choices.

Any thoughts or hopes??

Perhaps platinum bps in this release replacing the old case hit premiership predictor - 10 cards but only 9 players with a realistic chance according to season so far plus general wild card?

Showstopper gold replacing high flyers out of 50?

Showstopper platinum like influential concept coming into certified out of 25?.

Wouldn't mind seeing a state of origin concept in there somehow?

Lol according to season so far hahaha only been one game lol

I too would love to see state if origin and am thinking maybe a golden goal card to go with high flyer (completely made up so highly doubt but would be a good match)

In terms if generation next what about a bull richo and Marty richo card?

I too would love to see state if origin and am thinking maybe a golden goal card to go with high flyer (completely made up so highly doubt but would be a good match)

I like the idea of a card commemorating the best goal from each team in the last few years.

I definately reckon they will incorporate the State of origin game. Maybe a few State of origin sigs.

I also don’t think there are many quality father/son combos to use for Generation next. I wouldn’t mind seeing a similar redemption card for brothers in the game.

Some good thoughts I reckon

Rumours suggest only 450 cases as opposed to 540 this year?

I don’t think the total cases can come down. Given the Dominance cards are numbered to 60, there are still 9 to come, and they need to be numbered the same throughout the entire set. Only way you could get around that is changing the hit ratios. Don’t see it happening.

Don’t be surprised if this is delayed, would all the signature cards have been signed? I doubt it, I will be very surprised if this is released at the usual time, too many unknowns, my guess would be later in the year

Like the idea of bull and matty sigh card, unfortunately richo snr passed a handful of years ago.

fingers crossed were all still on target for a normal release time..the market would of loved the bump/surge a release of big hitters like Cripps/Pendlebury captain signature numbered to( 50 only) would provide.

fingers crossed were all still on target for a normal release time..the market would of loved the bump/surge a release of big hitters like Cripps/Pendlebury captain signature numbered to( 50 only) would provide.
Hope so I guess it comes down to how far along in the process they are, can the players even sign there cards during lockdown, I wouldn’t want to see a release where every signature card is a redemption would rather wait

I don’t think the total cases can come down. Given the Dominance cards are numbered to 60, there are still 9 to come, and they need to be numbered the same throughout the entire set. Only way you could get around that is changing the hit ratios. Don’t see it happening.
Know what your saying but as the serial number is on the rear they could be cut from 60 to 50! For instance all certified signatures from 2015-2019 were numbered different but with the same design just to name one example

good point with the numbered different with certified sighs.... its a possibility
plus make's the short print even more exclusive and exciting to chase

I live in hope every year that they cease doing sigs for the first pick from every team.

I wish they would just do sigs for the entire first round of picks. So many good players that don’t get a DPS.

In the current format, Anderson, Serong, Henry, Green all won’t get DPS cards. Kinda sucky that 4 of the top 10 picks are left out.

I live in hope every year that they cease doing sigs for the first pick from every team.

I wish they would just do sigs for the entire first round of picks. So many good players that don’t get a DPS.

In the current format, Anderson, Serong, Henry, Green all won’t get DPS cards. Kinda sucky that 4 of the top 10 picks are left out.

Agree, they need to make exceptions to this. The fact four of the top ten dont have DPS sigs (in current format) is a bit ridiculous, and this policy needs an urgent review (if this is indeed the case again this year)

Does anybody have a feeling 2020 nab draft pick redemption cards will replace premiership predictors?
Silver - eventual 2nd top pick for each club
Gold - eventual 1st top pick for each club

Back
Top Bottom