Dodgy Dealer - Future Force - Heads up.

WA CardCollector

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Jarrad
eBay User
freodocker7
Hey guys,

Just went to a newsagent in Perth as they said they had received two sealed boxes of Future Force available for me to pick up.

So I got there and purchased the two boxes. After I purchased them the lady behind the checkout said that they received the boxes from a lady from the public who bought them in and sold them to the newsagent for wholesale price. I didnt think anything of it at the time.

Once I arrived home, upon further inspection, I realised that the two boxes were in fact not sealed. Along the side of the security seal plastic, i noticed a small tear along the side of it, just wide enough to take the box out of the packaging. Again, I thought nothing of it and thought that i was the one who tore the wrapping.

So as I was about to open the box, I noticed that the security seal sticker had a slight bend in the corner of it, and it had lost most of its stickyness. At this point I was beginning to think that it may have been tampered with.

However, I continued on to opening the packets of the first box, only to result in getting two all australians.

So i get to the second box, after much anger that I had been ripped off. I noticed that the second box had the same things done to it.

So I drove back to the newsagent and told them my story, and asked for a refund on the second box. They gave me a refund for the second box and apologised for the inconvenience, which was kind of them considering it wasnt their fault.

So I asked the same lady behind the checkout if the lady who sold the boxes to her left any details. She did not. However, she said that the lady was a regular customer and would attempt to get the lady's mobile number next time she gets to the newsagent.

So all in all, my advice to you guys after my long rant, is when purchasing sealed boxes from newsagents, make sure that they are in fact fully sealed and have not got any signs of tampering on them, BEFORE purchasing them.

Hope this helps for any future problems! :)

Thanks for the heads up - can't believe there are some people dodgy enough to do that.

Having said that - agree with Lazlow, what kind of proprietor would buy stock from a random person off the street?

Back
Top Bottom