Different type of Paypal question.

Ja$e

To infinity and beyond...
Real Name
Jason
eBay User
jvalles69
Just signed up to Paypal, but have not figured out how to money into the account? :x

Have linked it to my VISA debit card, but when you click on add funds it says input details of account in USA.

Looked everywhere and cannot find the options to put any credit on!

](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

You cant mate. We in OZ cant do this yet

All payments are funded by your CC not a balance. To get around this sometimes some of us send each other paypal money and then get it sent back. Then it goes onto our paypal balance. Paypal say that in the future we will be able to link an account to put money in but for now its just linked to draw money down into.

How do you get money into your account then? I am so confused. :?:

For example if I won something on US ebay and had to pay using Paypal, how would I go about this?

Please! [-o<

Easy one mate.

If you've linked the account to ur Visa Debit card, and you make a payment, it will tell PayPal to hit ur card up for the total money you are paying, send the funds via PayPal to the Seller, and they receive an account balance in their PayPal account.

Sometimes a seller will not allow a payment without a payment from an account balance (meaning the money is there for sure), so we send a payment to a buddy (add a little extra for the inconvenience - just to be nice), and they send payment back resulting in a balance in ur PayPal account, which you then use to send to the seller.

Hope this helps.

Sorry to barge into this thread, but I too have a question. Hope some of you can help me out.

Just wondering, how much does it cost to recieve credit card transactions from Australian base paypal? and also, how much does it cost to recieve credit card transactions from other places in the world?

clarkescards said:
From memory (and I may be wrong), but isn't the rate the same. It's something like 3.5% that Paypal charge you (the seller) to receive a credit card payment.

$0.30 + 2.4%

is that $0.30+2.4% the free paypal account, or is that the premium/business account?

For both, unless you use Paypal heaps, that is the basic rate.

It is cheaper for merchants who receive over $5k per month

WHAT!!!!! :shock:

I just got my VISA debit card and I didn't even need one! ](*,)

Guess it may come in handy for other overseas purchases.

what do you reakon our aussie banks are gonna charge us to use it though? I'll have to ask the old man...

would be good if its nothing, saves on some of those currency converts on the CC maybe?

I think we can only deposit AUD into the Paypal account. We still have to use Paypal's conversion rate to get to USD which will be painful.

It should just be a normal direct deposit transfer with the associated fee (for me 20c).

Back
Top Bottom