Crystal ball time. What are your cards worth in ten years???

chadjaja

On the way back!
Real Name
John Holmes
Interesting to see what the general consensus is here.

If I had of continued to collect Celts cards year after year I would get burnt but now have given myself a good chance of gaining a bit of money over 10 years easily.

We are in the first part of a low /#'d era in the hobby we have never seen before so its hard to compare it to previous times in the hobby.

Already Wade, Gordan etc have cooled considerably. In ten years time who knows. I say a fair loss on most of the newer stuff of players that wont maintain a loyal fan base to continue and maintain prices. Players of the big teams (NY, Celts, Lakers, Bulls) suffer less loss though.

What will lose value and what wont?

Lose: low value product pulls even low numbered cards etc.

Win: High value product and rookie year low numbered cards

For me anything condition sensitive that is well centered and in good condition.

To be honest Chad, I think in 10 years time the cards of today will be worth almost nothing (similar to the cards of 10 years ago that are worth nothing today). Apart from the odd "special" card that will obviously hold or perhaps increase in value, mostly the cards will lose their lustre when compared to the newer / latest and greatest cards being released.

I suspect that the low numbered high end product will maintain its value
And I think that the rarer rookie cards will probably have a good following and not drop too much in price
I would imagine that game used and no-name Autos will have very little value
But that Legend Autos, Jerseys and Patches are cards that may have the best prospect of increasing in value over time, along with the good condition Vintage cards that Chad collects
Certainly that is what I have seen with the circket cards that I collect - the older cards in good condition really fetch a premium

$0.01
Unless its MJ, or Lebron. Most will be worth virtually nothing I think.

nonesense. Looking back at the value of cards back 10-15 years ago we see a trend that superstar rookie cards from highend products hold there value. The only insert cards from the 90s that have held there value are rare jordans, superstars and HOF from rare highend sets like Finest Mystery test refractors and autos of HOF and superstars. Going from this i'd bank on rare autographs of highend products of HOF and current superstars who are going to be HOFers (like kobe, garnett, iverson) as well as those rookies that will become the face of the future.

they would prob go down..
but most of the cards autos i have are of good players,
shaq, reggie, bogut, KG, jermaine, baron davis

so it should be ok

Good players and the hobby are removed from each other though even over 10 years. Just like the discussion about Dennis Johnson autos. He lead the sonics to their only title and helped the Celts to others yet gets no hobby love.

thats why only collect those really really really big superstars like bird, magic and jordan.

I'm with Graham on this one.....

\:D/

I reckon they'll start changing the Beckett to reflect the market values in a few years time.

I personally feel, that unless today's stars can accomplish feats such as 6 straight scoring titles, equalled with MVP awards, and back to back championships, then they wont be worth shit.

I know that by saying this, I could be very well be losing all my hard earned cash that I'm putting into my PCs, but who's gonna care in 10 years time? By then, I'll most likely have my own shorty running around collecting cards that I'll have handed down.

I only hope that Devin doesnt turn into another Darko....

I just typed Devin into an internet language translator and in Swahealie its comes out as Bust! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ITs not about caring what they will be worth its about actual market value. If you sold them in ten years what do think their value would be. Alot lower or a complete bust like Scotty's???? LOL

I personally don't give a crap how much I may lose out on a card as long as I don't lose sleep over paying for it now. If I had to eat pasta for a month and tell TW's that we can't afford to go out for a month to afford it, then ten years later its worth a buck. Then I'm pissed. Losing out on cheaper cards hurts less.

You lose money on a new car the minute it leaves the dealer after all.

Bust?? That could be a sign, a sign that I need to break open another box....

I best pull my finger out and order that box... lol.

Dont forget to un-plug the telly b4 u leave today Chad...

My Pierce PC will be worth a shitload! :lol: Future HOF'er in the making, he will bring back Boston!

I hope Zo doesn't sign too much after he retires, :p

Mine will be invaluable for setting them on fire for warmth in the post apocalyptic wasteland that is left after Dubya gets intel that Osama Bin Laden is hiding out in Australia disguised as John Howard and decides to nuke the shit out of us.

Back
Top Bottom