Tim Paine - TAS - 26
James Pattinson - VIC - 21
Ricky Ponting - TAS - 36
Peter Siddle - VIC - 26
Steven Smith - NSW - 22
Shane Watson - NSW - 29
Cameron White - VIC - 27

No Katich?

As I said during the Ashes series, I will not criticise the performance or commitment of any player chosen by this current selection panel.

To effectively say to Simon Katich "thanks for 56 tests, 4188 runs, an average of 49.36 and 10 centuries, now p**s off as you are too old" is hypocritical and in my opinion a step in the wrong direction. You used to be picked to play for Australia if you have a bit of grit and determination about you. Perhaps Katto should adorn himself wtih tattoos, an earring and then peroxide his hair?

As I said during the Ashes series, I will not criticise the performance or commitment of any player chosen by this current selection panel.

To effectively say to Simon Katich "thanks for 56 tests, 4188 runs, an average of 49.36 and 10 centuries, now p**s off as you are too old" is hypocritical and in my opinion a step in the wrong direction. You used to be picked to play for Australia if you have a bit of grit and determination about you. Perhaps Katto should adorn himself wtih tattoos, an earring and then peroxide his hair?

i'm not liking the direction to be honest.

I know Jack is going to rip me for this but what is the point of Hughes being in the squad when he has done nothing last summer and needs Shield time to get his form back.. so why waste a spot on the list? I would be playing Khawaja/Marsh over him any day of the week AT THE MOMENT.

This would be the TEST team i'd pick right now..

Shane Watson
Shaun Marsh- Might seem bias but give him a shot!
Ricky Ponting
Mike Hussey
Michael Clarke- get your form back!
Callum Ferguson- give him a shot, just do it.
Brad Haddin
Mitchell Johnson
Nathan Hauritz- Warney said it himself, great spinner.
Peter Siddle
Doug Bollinger

Oooo Cricket Australia just got my water boiling!! :mad::mad::mad:

Katich is our second best opener. Fact

You have two opening batsman. Fact

So WTF is CA's logic!!!!????

This should be our XI in my opinion:

Shane Watson
Simon Katich
Ricky Ponting
Mike Hussey
Michael Clarke
Usman Khwaja
Brad Haddin
Steve Smith
Mitchell Johnson
Peter Siddle
Ben Hilfenhaus

So they dropped Katich, one of the few blokes that has showed some mongrel and fight in a struggling time, not to mention Australia's leading test run scorer in the last three years (second to Allister Cook only internationally - last 3 years) because of his age. Yet Ponting and Hussey who are both older then Katich still get a run.

Makes perfect sense right?.................Now, how do we axe the selectors.

or maybe Marsh as the long-term replacement? :p

Ok, lets reward Marsh for all his Shield runs........

Here is Marsh's and Hughes first class stats:

Marsh:

Mat:60

Innings:111

Runs:3646

Average:37.97

HS: 166*

Hughes:

Mat:55

Innings:100

Runs:4775

Average:50.79

HS: 198

They have both played around the same shield games, only 11 innings different. Yet they are a world apart.

Ok, lets reward Marsh for all his Shield runs........

Here is Marsh's and Hughes first class stats:

Marsh:

Mat:60

Innings:111

Runs:3646

Average:37.97

HS: 166*

Hughes:

Mat:55

Innings:100

Runs:4775

Average:50.79

HS: 198

They have both played around the same shield games, only 11 innings different. Yet they are a world apart.

stats don't matter one bit.. statistically Hodge has been one of the best batsman Australia has seen in recent times but he didn't get a fair run for Australia did he!

It is about the man who fits the job the most, Marsh has technique, Hughes doesn't. Back to Shield Phillip.

What has it got to do about getting a fair go for Australia? To make Australia you need good stats in Shield games, Hughes stats are great, and Marshs are average, you need more that average to play test cricket.

Neither is worthy enough to carry Simon Katich's drinks in my opinion, let alone replace him in the Aussie side.

I dont think they have ever liked Katich. I still remember seeing red at the decision to drop him after scoring one of the best 100s Ive ever seen, against India on a pitch turning sideways at the SCG, when no one else could score a run, yet they dropped him after that test for Symonds. I believe the decision that time was "to provide a better balance for the team". Please. 2004 or 5 or similar I think that was

The Australian cricket team was once picked full of blokes with heart, ticker, toughess, grit,....not filled with blokes with peroxide hair, model girlfriends and lamborghinis

What has it got to do about getting a fair go for Australia? To make Australia you need good stats in Shield games, Hughes stats are great, and Marshs are average, you need more that average to play test cricket.

maybe but his technique is horrible and to give the boy a fair go, give him a year in Shield to get back into form and to work on his technique.. it'll do him good in the long run. If he pulls through his year at Shield with flying colours and is hitting runs after his first test series, give him a go in the long run.

I don't hate Hughes, i am merely saying that he should be playing Shield for one season and ultimately the results should help his game in the future..

Wasn't Katto's press conference brilliant? :)

It is not often that you hear a professional sportsman tell it exactly how it is and also echo the thoughts of a lot of supporters.

:thumbsup: Katto!

Yeah it sure was. Really refreshing. I liked how The fox sports news readers were really impressed by it as well and mentioned as such.

Wasn't Katto's press conference brilliant? :)

It is not often that you hear a professional sportsman tell it exactly how it is and also echo the thoughts of a lot of supporters.

:thumbsup: Katto!

just saw it.. what an amazing job from Katich!!

Katich has been advised that he can sue Cricket Australia under the age Discrimination laws.. kinda hope he does as it might put a bit of pressure on CA to replace their selectors.. Hilditch is the biggest clown in Australian cricket right now for sure..

What I find difficult to comprehend in all of this is the "Ashes 2013" blueprint that the selectors are seemingly adhering to. It is a nonsensical way to operate - there are three MAJOR series to come before the Ashes tour (Sri Lanka, India, South Africa), so why not pick a team for the here and now? Why not let natural progression take its course? Older players will fall out of form or need to be rested due to heavy workloads anyway - it is then that you pick an in-form replacement, whether they be 22 or 32 years of age. For the life of me, I cannot see any evidence why Simon Katich is not considered amongst the best current 25 players in Australia.

Back
Top Bottom