CrAzY rare oddball Isiah mailday!

1s1ah

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Jesse
eBay User
1s1ah
Okay guys, this is my first mailday post... There's no sick patches, no nice sigs, and no 1/1s (although the second item is the only one I've ever seen), but I couldn't be more excited! Hope you guys enjoy!

89chicle_zps3f23752d.jpg

1989 Chicle Consique Las Insignias Metalicas De La NBA: This is a Spanish gum wrapper that measures approximately 2" x 2.75", the back is blank. Isiah has two in this set, this one (in action) and a portrait version, which I also have. This particular card/wrapper thingy has been on my want ever since I've had a want list. We're talking pre-internet, when I was sending photocopied versions of my handwritten wantlist to the dealers whom advertised in the back of Beckett. I found out about this wrapper (if I recall correctly) in the mid-nineties when I purchased one of those Beckett books that lists cards by player.

chiclegig_zps5826fd66.jpg

1989 Chicle Gigantes Del Basket #16: This is a Spanish sticker measuring approximately 2.5" x 1.25". This sticker was a bubblegum premium. From what I understand, it's a 20 sticker set that's a mixture of NBA and international talents. The stickers were to have been stuck on a sheet -although, I guess, #18 didn't exist- and when you completed the sheet you could send it off for a Puma basketball t-shirt.

Even though it's a 25 year old sticker set, I've just recently learned of it's existence. That's what's always been intriguing about the rare foreign oddball stuff; you just never quite know what's out there.

This type of stuff is awesome. I love when PC guys are dropping info on the oddball stuff. Nice work mate and I look forward to seeing more.

The oddballs are what separate the average collector from a true super-collector! Nice work tracking those down - even with the photocopied lists pre internet! wow!

Thanks guys. I really enjoy being a part of this forum, lots of cool collectors on here. It's hard to get someone who doesn't collect to "get it". Like when you tell someone that the new Immaculates are about to hit and they just look at you and say "oh", lol.

Thanks guys. I really enjoy being a part of this forum, lots of cool collectors on here. It's hard to get someone who doesn't collect to "get it". Like when you tell someone that the new Immaculates are about to hit and they just look at you and say "oh", lol.
Haha so true man! Wish my wife got it...tried to convince her it's good for me so many times hahaha

Haha so true man! Wish my wife got it.

Mine doesn't, lol. Would go so far as to say she pokes fun at me about it. I hear things like "do I need to leave you and your Isiah cards alone?" quite often. Oh well, my five year old daughter gets excited about "ZAYAH THOMAS CARDS!?!?" for now anyways haha.

Back
Top Bottom