Cost of 2016/17 Signature Stars A-League Cards

@Matt26 - I speak on behalf of all members on ozcards - we appreciate all you have done for the community and your input and voice to the Manufactures has resulted in many smiles.

Thanks again mate.

Thanks for the very kind words. At the end of the day like everyone here i'm a collector at heart and I tried to put forward some ideas that I think collectors would like. Some of them (quite a few got picked up) and some of them didn't.

I guess im a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to things and when I see things being done at 85-90% and if that little bit extra could be done you could have some pretty amazing products.

Cheers
Matt

Thanks for the very kind words. At the end of the day like everyone here i'm a collector at heart and I tried to put forward some ideas that I think collectors would like. Some of them (quite a few got picked up) and some of them didn't.

I guess im a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to things and when I see things being done at 85-90% and if that little bit extra could be done you could have some pretty amazing products.

Cheers
Matt

Sometimes in life you just have to shrug your shoulders and think 'oh well, it is what it is', and move on.

If people don't want to listen to the views of experienced collectors they do so at their own peril.

Maybe this 11/11 Remembrance Day will be more significant that we think.

Sorry I don't collect this stuff!!!

Anyways, here where the card I mentioned sold for, I was off by $0.50 so I apologies for that. I believe he is a main dealer too and it is low numbered.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2015-16-TAP-N-PLAY-A-LEAGUE-SIGNATURE-REDEMPTION-MATEO-POLJAK-09-200-/232111378311?hash=item360aea8f87:g:wOUAAOSwmLlX~a1S&nma=true&si=Ekc5XTqKaoeUaEsbWgB0xddKF4Q%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Damn it, wish i would have of seen this!

Oh bugger sorry to hear bro. At the end of the day you provided us with a heap load of info and made a connection between TNP and us collectors. They'll be the ones regretting not continuing the partnership.
I think that's the key word mate, "connection". We are all hobbyists and collectors at heart. Without people like Matt, we would feel largely under-appreciated by card manufacturers.

The AFL Select Certified release this season was an enormous hit, because it gave people what they wanted. Collectors already know that if their team was not one of the those chosen for the nine signature patch/patch redemption cards, they will be catered for next season.

I think that's the key word mate, "connection". We are all hobbyists and collectors at heart. Without people like Matt, we would feel largely under-appreciated by card manufacturers.

The AFL Select Certified release this season was an enormous hit, because it gave people what they wanted. Collectors already know that if their team was not one of the those chosen for the nine signature patch/patch redemption cards, they will be catered for next season.

Agreed, Select realised this and got some help behind the scenes for certified and it showed big time.

But at the end of the day, all of these companies Select/ESP/TNP are businesses whose goal is to sell as much product as possible, while making as much money as they possibly can. The biggest challenge I have seen is that the people running these companies are simply not collectors nor do they have a collectors mindset......they really dont understand what it is people want in their collections.........they get 90% of the products right which isn't bad, but its that remaining 10% I like to call the "little things" that they often overlook that usually results in a product being an ok product instead of being an outstanding product.

The guys running these companies all have the best of intentions but i'll say it again, they are not true collectors at heart so they don't get the mindset.

They have realised they need to start listening but there is still a long way to go.

Back
Top Bottom