Cost of 2016/17 Signature Stars A-League Cards

Coopdogs

OzCardTrader
Real Name
David
Hello,

Would you be so kind as to share your thoughts on the approximate costs to purchase the latest Signature Stars cards. I'm aware the Tim Cahill card is likely to be the most expensive one, excluding the 2 signed jersey cards.

An Ozcardtrader member is selling some of the signature star cards for $130 each (not incl Tim Cahill).

Is this a fair price or too high?

Thanks

IMO it depends on a few things, the player who signs and the club they represent. Not everything is equal in life - some clubs will attract a higher price due to the fan base, eg Victory, WSW.

Getting a redemption card early also means the more likely to get a lower number.of the allocation, Eg 1/150 or 2/150. Those cards will likely to hold their value much longer.

The cards will always go for a high price early on. Last season some of the signature cards were in the $180 - $200 range early on, but some dropped back later on to the $100+ range.

Personally the $130 price tag would seem quite reasonable at this point of the release. But others may differ in their views.

It's an individual choice as to what you are prepared to pay for a card. Maybe it's just like gambling - bet with your head, not your heart, and only gamble with the amount of money you are prepared to lose.
If you consider all of that & you have the amount of disposable cash to pay for it, then go for it. If not, then maybe think twice.

Just my views.

IMO it all depends hon how badly you want it. Early on there are a few that want everything asap so that drives up the prices as they are both chasing it, then, in a few month time you can pick the same card up for nearly half the price.

E.g Maclaren first up sold for $240 then one recently sold for $80. Lesser players I have seen go for $80-90 then recently sold for $22.

E.g Maclaren first up sold for $240 then one recently sold for $80. Lesser players I have seen go for $80-90 then recently sold for $22.

Hmmm...must be looking in the wrong spots - would have grabbed a MacLaren for $80. :)

Or something @ $22. Really depends on so many factors above. who you buying from ie main dealer or other collector. How important are the early numbers to you, are you collecting full set or part thereof. Good idea to make good relationships on this site and dealers so that you can pick up the odd bits and bobs and also some bulk deals. Trial and error and you learn. Now @BoondasH1 that $22 signature card......you got any ??

That was mine...

D'Oh..gotta pay more attention to the forum.

Must have been busy at the time...
image.jpeg

Or something @ $22. Really depends on so many factors above. who you buying from ie main dealer or other collector. How important are the early numbers to you, are you collecting full set or part thereof. Good idea to make good relationships on this site and dealers so that you can pick up the odd bits and bobs and also some bulk deals. Trial and error and you learn. Now @BoondasH1 that $22 signature card......you got any ??

Sorry I don't collect this stuff!!!

Anyways, here where the card I mentioned sold for, I was off by $0.50 so I apologies for that. I believe he is a main dealer too and it is low numbered.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2015-16-...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I just wish these boxes were stacked, one auto per box seems like fair value for $120+ per box.

Thanks for all of your feedback. It's much appreciated by me.

And, yep, I agree. I think one auto per box is also very fair.

Cheers
Coopdog

I think there should be at least 1 auto per box to add value to the collector.

I also think there should be some sort of wrapper redemption. Gold logos ..... hint hint tap n play :)
@Matt26

I think there should be at least 1 auto per box to add value to the collector.

I also think there should be some sort of wrapper redemption. Gold logos ..... hint hint tap n play :)
@Matt26

You should email Neil at TNP with this info.

I don't think im invited anymore.....

Oh dear...so who does represent the views of customers/card buying community, or is that of little value these days???

Maybe it's like that great quote in the movie The Big Short

"Truth is like poetry. And most people f*cking hate poetry"

Oh dear...so who does represent the views of customers/card buying community, or is that of little value these days???

Maybe it's like that great quote in the movie The Big Short

"Truth is like poetry. And most people f*cking hate poetry"

You could say it was a bit like that...... in fact you could say it was very much like that.

You could say it was a bit like that...... in fact you could say it was very much like that.

You have been a strong supporter of TnP @Matt26, and integrity is something that can't be compromised.

Stay strong - there are lots of us who really value the work that you have done (or have attempted to do) on our behalf.

"We learned about honesty and integrity - that the truth matters... that you don't take shortcuts or play by your own set of rules... and success doesn't count unless you earn it fair and square."
- Michelle Obama

Back
Top Bottom