COMC Mailbox Thread

They've been charging me $3.60 processing fee for an individual card. I only ever buy singles on ebay so not certain about multiples or lots.
I've only ever used their cheapest postage service, $4.99 flat rate for any amount of cards purchased on the site but this increases depending on how many cards you have added on consignment (e.g. purchased from ebay) and the total value you declare.
If I add 3-4 cards the postage might go up to $7.99 but I'm not sure about the exact pricing threshholds.
I've been using them for about six years and had more than 50 packages deliveres without incident. Usually get delivery to Sydney in 2-3 weeks max.
They will also email you a photo of your card upon receipt, but it might take a week to 10 days to add to your account. Same with shipping requests. A bit slow in processing but they probably have justification.
Overall, I can't fault the service, even with the price hikes (used to be just $1 per card).

Interesting. So it is economical if you purchase bulk/multi-card lots as cards 2,3,4.... costs only 50c each to process. But if you win lots of single card auctions then it gets costly as each card will cost $4 to process if sent to COMC.
Did I understand it correctly?
And do these costs cover the cards being processed and a photo appearing in your COMC account with the card becoming available for sale?

$3.60AUD per card? Wow I thought it was a lot cheaper, would add up pretty quick.

This is shipping cards to the Mailbox Service.
So for instance my Rui card purchased from Ebay and sent to my COMC Mailbox will be charged the $3.60 processing fee.

Cards I submit directly to COMC (Not the Mailbox Service) are charged at a different rate. I opted for the .60c service but there is a .30c service available too (just takes longer to process).

Hey guy, We are based in the USA and do the same type of Mailbox Service as COMC just cost alot cheaper. We have many people that use our service already that are on here that can vouch for us too.

You can always message me and i can provide more details.
I can vouch for Bryan, does an amazing job for collectors.

Nothing is too much effort for the wells family

So for instance my Rui card purchased from Ebay and sent to my COMC Mailbox will be charged the $3.60 processing fee.

Cards I submit directly to COMC (Not the Mailbox Service) are charged at a different rate. I opted for the .60c service but there is a .30c service available too (just takes longer to process).

What's the difference between these 2 services - Mailbox and directly to COMC? Aren't they both achieving the same result - ie: to get your cards into their system and advertised for sale on their platform?

What's the difference between these 2 services - Mailbox and directly to COMC? Aren't they both achieving the same result - ie: to get your cards into their system and advertised for sale on their platform?

The difference I noticed.. keep in mind these are both my first submissions using both services.. were..

Submitting myself - Involved filling out more information. Selecting what service to use, how many cards, what time frame for processing, then printing submission slip and packing the items as per instructions.

Sending to COMC Mailbox - I just updated my postage address in Ebay and purchased a card.

OK I haven't figured out what the difference is between Mailbox Service + submitting directly. Is Mailbox for cards sent to COMC externally (not from the account holder), and directly your own cards?)
Sorry I stoopid.

OK I haven't figured out what the difference is between Mailbox Service + submitting directly. Is Mailbox for cards sent to COMC externally (not from the account holder), and directly your own cards?)
Sorry I stoopid.

Nah I'm the stupid one.. I almost sent my bulk items to my COMC Mailbox. I was like oh it's so easy, box it up and send to that Mailbox address they'll sort the rest.. that would have been a fun way to find out the fees are different lolz

Not sure what a COMC mailbox is. Do you purchase an item on Ebay and get it sent to COMC?

All I know is that you can buy hundreds of cards on COMC and get them shipped over to Australia for between $5 and $10. Without them I wouldn't be set collecting.

Not sure what a COMC mailbox is. Do you purchase an item on Ebay and get it sent to COMC?

That's what I'm doing. Purchasing singles from the US and having them shipped to my COMC Mailbox.
Once I accumulate enough I'll ship what I keep back home to Aus.
It's opened up a lot more buying opportunities for me as I've noticed a few sellers won't ship international.

That's what I'm doing. Purchasing singles from the US and having them shipped to my COMC Mailbox.
Once I accumulate enough I'll ship what I keep back home to Aus.
It's opened up a lot more buying opportunities for me as I've noticed a few sellers won't ship international.
Check what Bryan wrote above. He does the same thing except cheaper and faster

Hey guy, We are based in the USA and do the same type of Mailbox Service as COMC just cost alot cheaper. We have many people that use our service already that are on here that can vouch for us too.

You can always message me and i can provide more details.

Hey Brian, can you post what your services are and costs please. Thanks.

All I know is that you can buy hundreds of cards on COMC and get them shipped over to Australia for between $5 and $10. Without them I wouldn't be set collecting.

On their shipping page, it says USD5 for an approximately 2 month turnaround. How many cards can you normally get sent in the one package?

On their shipping page, it says USD5 for an approximately 2 month turnaround. How many cards can you normally get sent in the one package?

COMC is very cheap when it comes to shipping because it is a flat rate of $5 USD worldwide and no limit to the number of cards from your inventory. If you stick to buying cards on COMC, then every card is basically free shipping after your first one. But if you want to use COMC as a a mail forwarding site for your eBay purchases, then you need to go through the process of bringing the card into your inventory which will cost you a bit. It is still economical if you build up a big batch for your shipment, but not if you are looking at getting cards shipped one transaction at a time.

Back
Top Bottom