COMC Mailbox Thread

Hi I have a question. Im buying cards from ebay and sending it to my comc account. Why is it sellers always have a hard time printing labels for address in Comc? Ive used the right format and still they cant print labels. They said they always have to go to their local post office and write the address by pen. Thanks

Hi I have a question. Im buying cards from ebay and sending it to my comc account. Why is it sellers always have a hard time printing labels for address in Comc? Ive used the right format and still they cant print labels. They said they always have to go to their local post office and write the address by pen. Thanks

Never had this issue mate. Can you show us how you've got it set up?

Hi @Moe@COMC , 2 issues.

1. Just received my package and it contained a notice saying the card is still in your Canadian warehouse, therefore was not shipped. There should have been some kind of note about that/ Had I known if it was not readily available, I would not have made the purchase. Technically it's false advertisement since the card was not in stock ready to ship.

How long will this entire process take?
Will I be notified when the card finally ships?

2. Same issue as @xavierty . Is it so difficult for the shipping team to place the card back into the one touch once they have scanned them?

These two cards arrived at COMC in brand new one touch cases, as shown in the pics.

1265492.jpg
1244740.jpg

For whatever reason, they were removed and placed in top loaders. Incorrect sized top loaders at that (thanks for the free hair sample with the Shaq as well).

If this supposed to be the standard practice, the least I expect is for the shipping team to use correct size top loaders. The card comes to you in a brand new one touch and is replaced in a incorrectly sized top loader. Surely you can see the why this is a problem.

1.png

2.png

This card is a standard size card and would fit into a 35pt top loader, instead it arrives in a 75pt top loader. Don't tell me you guys didn't have any 35pt top loaders available either???

3.png

4.png

And the rest...

5.png

6.png

In your previous response you say you don't have an answer but as you can see, this is a ongoing issue. Whichever way you look at it, if I'm being charged for a service, I expect such service to be fully provided. What this looks like is they've just found the nearest available top loader and put the card in there. So I will ask again, can you or someone who is authorised , tell me what is the logic behind the constant removal of one touch cases (even if they are brand new), and the use of wrong sized top loaders?

Last edited:
To be honest - we've been tossing this idea around for a year, maybe longer; some of us really want to do it, but the process and the logistics have kept us from really doing what we want to - also, the whole card catalog transition project put a lot of things on hold, including this idea.

Fingers crossed, it might see the light of day in 2015...I can't promise anything, however.
Your business would soar to new heights if this took off, you have a whole community here to help snowball ideas from aswell:).
The thing would be to sort out the price per box/video cataloging etc. If I was use i wouldnt do the video breaks like you normally see,
I would
open the box and all the packs in one hit as quick as possible and pile all the cards in a stack.
Then you can flick through them showing all the inserts and on request of the owner of the break add the base of who ever they choose without having to show properly in the break to shorten video time down etc making it more viable it time/costs.

Also I wonder if it is easier to then after the break to avoid any confusion in the cards kept from the break email a full checklist of the series with the cards highlighted or with a asterix next to it, then the owner of the break can send back the email with the cards that are still highlighted or asterix next to so you know what cards they want to keep, so the email would have to be able to interact with the selecting option etc.

Could make it so the person owning the break can choose what inserts to keep/base PC player only option maybe? Otherwise it would end up being to many cards to catalogue etc and then use can have your own comc shop of what ever base is left over and inserts etc, use would gather sets of unwanted inserts and base and could sell them.
You might have to workout a price as to how many cards can be kept from a break before it starts to cost extra Eg. 50 inserts/cards for a fee the extra after that etc to make it viable.

And what use get to keep out of the left over cards could make the price of the box opening at a decent price as you would end up making revenue from sales of the remaining inserts/base unwanted.

Guys, I hate to say it, but the complaints about the one-touch cases are getting out of hand. Moe has addressed the issue on a number of occasions - it's company policy. THEIR COMPANY POLICY.

Moe is probably too polite to tell you all to suck eggs, but what more can be do? He's passed the concerns on to the processing team.

The reason why some cards are left in the screwdown cases? Can you imagine how many cards comc must process a day? Its a matter of processing the cards in a reasonable matter. If they start pumping out poor scans, you'll be complaining about that too. I know that I'd prefer quality scans.

But yes, continue to post page after page of the same question.

well said mate im glad im not the only one going on about this, maybe there should be a choice to leave card in magnetic or top loader when it arrives? woild make a lot of sence...

well said mate im glad im not the only one going on about this, maybe there should be a choice to leave card in magnetic or top loader when it arrives? woild make a lot of sence...

@xavierty, I hate to single you out, but perhaps you should re-read what I wrote.

The one-touch issue, and COMC's policy regarding it, isn't going to be resolved/changed anytime soon. Moe has stated this now several times. This is how they do things. Staff are carrying out the processing as per policy, this has also been stated several times now. It's just something you're going to have to accept. It's beating a dead horse.

Be thankful that we have a vessel/line of communication such as Moe available here. And it goes without saying, respect and ACKNOWLEDGE his responses.

Guys, I hate to say it, but the complaints about the one-touch cases are getting out of hand. Moe has addressed the issue on a number of occasions - it's company policy. THEIR COMPANY POLICY.

Yeah and it's inconsistent. Some cards are left untouched, while others are taken out. There are more than a few examples of banged up cases being passed as acceptable, while some brand new ones are deemed unacceptable to obtain a clean scan.

Moe is probably too polite to tell you all to suck eggs, but what more can be do? He's passed the concerns on to the processing team.

Well, I'm pretty sure it is not in his job description, and @Moe@COMC can correct me if I'm wrong- to tell paying customers to "suck eggs". Obviously some people don't feel they are getting what they paid for, hence why there are complaints.

The reason why some cards are left in the screwdown cases? Can you imagine how many cards comc must process a day? Its a matter of processing the cards in a reasonable matter.

Firstly, their job is to process the cards, so the concern of how many cards they process per day is not really a valid argument.

If they start pumping out poor scans, you'll be complaining about that too. I know that I'd prefer quality scans.

Back to my first point re: consistency.

Take the cards out to provide a better scan is fine by me, but is it so hard to put the cards back into the cases? We are talking a matter of seconds.

And in my case, the cards are placed into top loaders clearly too big for the cards.

SO in the event the card gets damaged, whose fault is that? My fault for using the service? The seller for shipping in a one touch?

The probability for this potential problem can be resolved simply by putting the cards back into the cases.

Again, I don't think it's unreasonable to voice concerns about the service or anything else that people feel isn't up to par. Just like it is within your rights to voice your own opinion.

Isn't what this thread is for?

Last edited:
I'm not going to argue with you about whether the way comc processes cards is right or wrong.

They have a policy, that is to say, a set of instructions that the company has decided upon regarding the way they will process cards.

Moe has said it's not changing any time soon. That's it in its entirety.

You can post pictures of every single card that you send to comc, but it's already been decided how comc will process the cards that YOU CHOOSE to send there.

And saying to suck eggs wasn't to be perceived as rude. I was trying to be more polite than saying "deal with it".

You're other option is to use the global shipping program.

Obviously they have a duty of care to make sure you get your card safely, so a toploader and penny sleeve is suffice.

Yes I agree with this for the most part. Except when there has been a request to keep the cards in the one touch cases, which I will admit is followed through most times. And as I mentioned many times already, what is said to be policy and the execution of it has been different at the best of times.

And again, when the request isn't followed through, my cards are placed in top loaders too big for the cards. I'm sure you can imagine the potential damage that can occur when the card slides so freely inside a top loader like that. If they were more condition sensitive, substantial chipping would occur at the least.

I'm not going to argue with you about whether the way comc processes cards is right or wrong.

They have a policy, that is to say, a set of instructions that the company has decided upon regarding the way they will process cards.

Moe has said it's not changing any time soon. That's it in its entirety.

You can post pictures of every single card that you send to comc, but it's already been decided how comc will process the cards that YOU CHOOSE to send there.

And saying to suck eggs wasn't to be perceived as rude. I was trying to be more polite than saying "deal with it".

You're other option is to use the global shipping program.

No argument here mate. As I said, you are entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to mine.

Yes it is my choice to send there , and the fact I'm paying for a service I expect due care. Just because I choose their service, does not mean they can lower the service standard as @Jonathon M rightly pointed out.

As I said before, the inconsistency and the lack of care afterwards is a real problem. Take the cards out to scan for all I care, just place them back in the holders, it is such a simple request. And use appropriate size top loaders.....seems pretty straight forward.

The reason why some cards are left in the screwdown cases? Can you imagine how many cards comc must process a day? Its a matter of processing the cards in a reasonable matter. If they start pumping out poor scans, you'll be complaining about that too. I know that I'd prefer quality scans.

@xavierty, I hate to single you out, but perhaps you should re-read what I wrote.

The one-touch issue, and COMC's policy regarding it, isn't going to be resolved/changed anytime soon. Moe has stated this now several times. This is how they do things. Staff are carrying out the processing as per policy, this has also been stated several times now. It's just something you're going to have to accept. It's beating a dead horse.

Be thankful that we have a vessel/line of communication such as Moe available here. And it goes without saying, respect and ACKNOWLEDGE his responses.
please dont tell me what i must exept and well you have sinlged me out thank u

Hi @Moe@COMC , 2 issues.

1. Just received my package and it contained a notice saying the card is still in your Canadian warehouse, therefore was not shipped. There should have been some kind of note about that/ Had I known if it was not readily available, I would not have made the purchase. Technically it's false advertisement since the card was not in stock ready to ship.

How long will this entire process take?
Will I be notified when the card finally ships?

2. Same issue as @xavierty . Is it so difficult for the shipping team to place the card back into the one touch once they have scanned them?

These two cards arrived at COMC in brand new one touch cases, as shown in the pics.

1265492.jpg
1244740.jpg

For whatever reason, they were removed and placed in top loaders. Incorrect sized top loaders at that (thanks for the free hair sample with the Shaq as well).

If this supposed to be the standard practice, the least I expect is for the shipping team to use correct size top loaders. The card comes to you in a brand new one touch and is replaced in a incorrectly sized top loader. Surely you can see the why this is a problem.

1.png

2.png

This card is a standard size card and would fit into a 35pt top loader, instead it arrives in a 75pt top loader. Don't tell me you guys didn't have any 35pt top loaders available either???

3.png

4.png

And the rest...

5.png

6.png

In your previous response you say you don't have an answer but as you can see, this is a ongoing issue. Whichever way you look at it, if I'm being charged for a service, I expect such service to be fully provided. What this looks like is they've just found the nearest available top loader and put the card in there. So I will ask again, can you or someone who is authorised , tell me what is the logic behind the constant removal of one touch cases (even if they are brand new), and the use of wrong sized top loaders?

I don't have a ready answer for you - all I can do is pass this feedback along to the Mailbox team.

Hi @Moe@COMC ,

Could you please look into my account for me have 3 cards that were sent away to BGS for grading in Nov and still not back. Service hasn't taken this long before.

My account is saints81 and is 3 Nerlens Noel cards sent the 8th, 10th and 15th of November.

Thanks

Brett

I am just thankful I have COMC to use as an intl buyer. I know some high end cards get dlvd in one-touches and I know in some cases they will be removed. To be honest, it's the least of my worries as I have a box of one-touches at home which are clean and fresh that I can put my cards in when i receive them in oz.

COMC policy to remove cards as they come in to their warehouse, I've accepted it a long time ago and I am happy to pay for new toploaders.

Regards,

Hi @Moe@COMC ,

Could you please look into my account for me have 3 cards that were sent away to BGS for grading in Nov and still not back. Service hasn't taken this long before.

My account is saints81 and is 3 Nerlens Noel cards sent the 8th, 10th and 15th of November.

Thanks

Brett

The BGS service is a bi-monthly thing, meaning it takes 2 months (on average) to get the cards back. These 3 should be back in the next week or so.

Back
Top Bottom