CHRIS ANSTEY DETECTIVE WORK NEEDED HERE

Coopz05

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Coopz
eBay User
healfan
So Im trying to cross off every Anstey card I can.

I have numerous times bought cards from eBay or the beckett marketplace that have been mis-matched with cards that they are not. Mainly score board auto's. It seems Beckett is missing some, has incorrect pics for others, and its confusing to everyone.

But Im having supreme difficulty differentiating between some of his college autos, and Beckett may even have a few wrong pics in there....

So heres the deal. Beckett has these Auto's listed for 1997 scoreboards:

SO....

A) Is actually not an auto at all. Its just called "autographed BK" and looks like this

1997 Score Board Autographed BK #43 Chris Anstey.jpeg

B) Is the platinum version of this card below (doesn't even seem to be listed):
1997 Score Board Autographed Chris Anstey UNNUMBERED.jpeg

....Is numbered out of 200, and has SB platinum on it like this:
1997 Score Board Autographed SB PLATINUM Chris Anstey :200.jpeg

C) This one Ive never seen. Im assuming it is the same design as the above cards, but numbered out of 300. There are also gold examples on eBay that has gold foil on the side like this, so Im pretty sure my assumption is correct:

gold sample.jpg

Now here is where I get confused.

for one, the standard Auto version I showed above, is not even listed. Theres only platinum and gold, because the "autographed BK" is actually a base card in the set.

Secondly, 1997 Scoreboard also have these Auto's. They are the same year, same product and even have "GOLD" numbered versions I've seen on eBay of other players
1997 Score Board Autographed BK Platinum Autographs #3 Chris Anstey.jpeg

So, which ones are technically the beckett listed Scoreboard auto's?

And what the heck are these other ones called?

and is there only one version of Anstey (red)? because there are gold versions of other people floating around like this:
sb sample2.jpg
sb sample1.jpg

This is all frustrating cos it leads to listings like this, which states that its the platinum /200 version, which it clearly is not.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1997-Score-...nstey-NM-MT-/371367495316?hash=item56773a4694

But the seller has no other reference to go off of, because, as far as I can tell, Beckett is missing 2-4 auto's from the set... Not just Anstey, but they have muddled all players from 2 versions into one listing I think.

Score board had the following sets that year - Score Board Autographed Basketball, SCore Board Autographed collection, Score Board autographed collection (strongbox), Score Board Rookies. The Autographed basketball and Autograph Collection sets did have base cards, but were overshadowed by the proliferation of auto's in the products. From what the Annual says, not all players were included in each of the different "colour" autograph sets for autographed basketball. However, there was an autographed parallel for the base set. hope this settles some confusion.

@taffster you've sort of helped me, and confused me at the same time:)

In your opinion;

1. what is the sideways auto called?

2. why does the standard auto UNNUMBERED version not seem to have a name or listing?

3. is there anywhere that I can find out if the sideways version has a numbered version?

Sideways looks to be the red. As to you're other questions .... depends on how many cards they had Chris sign, really. Either that, or where they felt to put him.

Hey @Coopz05 ,
I've never seen the 'Gold' Version 1997 Scoreboard auto either, doesnt mean it doesn't exist of course!

I've only ever seen one version of the Gold Horizontal autos, was lucky enough to snag it when it came up:
2156_169-201511173952_front.jpg

So it definitely exists! They are all very confusing the Scoreboard releases though!

Back
Top Bottom