Celts demise video link. The day that changed everything.

chadjaja

On the way back!
Real Name
John Holmes
A lot here might not have seen footage of Len Bias. Remember this was 1985 and this kidd could shoot, dunk, rebound, pass and play D like no other player. He was more highly touted than Jordan and was being spoken of as a player than could go down as the greatest ever. Can you imagine Lebron dying two days after being drafted.? There you go. Where would the Cavs be now without him and the hobby for that much. Its a reall snowball effect.

Can you imagine the Celts 1986 championship team which is up for greatest team of all time consideration with Bias as well! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Bird would have played on another 3 or so years and another couple of banners would have been raised.

Anyway you should checkout the footage of him on this link. The first time he apparently tried drugs and it cost him his life the the Celts more banners. :(

http://youtube.com/watch?v=F05vbAY5ZcA

Then 6 years later we lose our captain and all star in Reggie. Has anyteam had such bad luck in the last 20 years??

I remeber him, even though I was only 3 years old! Was a very sad story, the music on the clip made it worse. :( I guess things like this happen when people do bad things, even though he wasn't a bad person. Each decision we make can be life altering.

that is a sad story and a sad video.

that guy looked very impressive, athletic and an awesome spot up shooter.
why would you do continue to use drugs after being drafted in the nba.

He wasn't a drug user Jon and it was reportadly his first try. It proved deadly though. Drugs are plain stupid. How can a high from some chemicals emulate the joy he would have had being drafted and playing for the World Champions alonside 4 Hof'ers????

Set the franchise back a decade.

Screw the franchise, think about how many kids he would have inspired, and how many he would have kept off the streets and off drugs!

A very sad video. Its such a waste to see anyone lose there life to drugs.

Regards
Matt

thats tragic, it reminds me a bit of Richard Dumas (Suns rookie in 92/93), that kid an incredible career in front of him, ****ed himself on drugs and went downhill fast.

its always puzzled me...why, when youve worked your ass off to get the pinnacle of basketball, the NBA, would you risk it all by doing drugs?! risking a career and your life for a fleeting high, thats some stupid shit.

Back
Top Bottom