Celtics v Heat 2011 Playoffs Second Round Thread **SPOILERS INSIDE**

Replay on One HD at 12.30am so all you Celts fans can see the annihilation one more time :p

Bahahahahah...Rondo got completely schooled on this move! Rondo flopped anticipating the charge and looked like a fool bahahaha...

Wow you think he flopped there? I think that was a missed call. He was stopped still and got bowled over, no farkin way did he flop

---------- Post added 05-05-2011 at 12:30 AM ----------

Replay on One HD at 12.30am so all you Celts fans can see the annihilation one more time :p

Ah so that's where Garth got his 1230 OneHD time from, was tryin to tell me that it was 1230pm delayed.

Wow, glad I watched the first one, might watch it again

pffffffttttttttttttttttttt

---------- Post added 05-05-2011 at 12:31 AM ----------

How Rondo thought he would draw the charge on that play is beyond me. How much earlier did he get to the spot than LeBron?

About .45seconds by my slow motion calculations, which is technically enough given the way refs call how long people have been there to enable the charge to be called, however, no way they'd call that on Lebron, and at LeMiami. No long shot being beyond you either being a Heat fan.

About .45seconds by my slow motion calculations, which is technically enough given the way refs call how long people have been there to enable the charge to be called, however, no way they'd call that on Lebron, and at LeMiami. No long shot being beyond you either being a Heat fan.

LOL well judging by Rondo's reaction it seems like he didn't even think the call was likely. And I don't think it was obvious anyway, it's a 50/50 call most of the time so don't act so hard done by. I've seen plenty of more obvious charges which have been called as blocking fouls instead (particularly on drives to the rim). This one wasn't very clear...

Interesting for future reference. The NBA rulebook says: "For most other cases, the defender must get into position and allow enough distance for the offensive player to stop and/or change direction."

That's the criteria for a charge to be called if the player isn't shooting or rising to shoot/finish at the rim. Based off that I wouldn't say Rondo allowed enough distance for James to stop or change direction, especially when running at full speed.

LOL well judging by Rondo's reaction it seems like he didn't even think the call was likely. And I don't think it was obvious anyway, it's a 50/50 call most of the time so don't act so hard done by. I've seen plenty of more obvious charges which have been called as blocking fouls instead (particularly on drives to the rim). This one wasn't very clear...

Interesting for future reference. The NBA rulebook says: "For most other cases, the defender must get into position and allow enough distance for the offensive player to stop and/or change direction."

That's the criteria for a charge to be called if the player isn't shooting or rising to shoot/finish at the rim. Based off that I wouldn't say Rondo allowed enough distance for James to stop or change direction, especially when running at full speed.

I would say he did allow enough space and time but as you say 50/50 most of the time and 10/90 on someone else's home floor. Good attempt IMO

Before I comment, I'm cheering from the Celt's corner, but that don't affect my view at all..

Moving on, at the time I yelled my head off at the no-call, thought it was clearly a charge (excepting geographical details). Given Jimbo's clarification, I don't think Rondo did give TheDecision enough distance to stop or change direction, but it was still the right play for Rondo to attempt. So maybe it wasn't a charge, but it's gotta be a call either way. The one thing it definitely wasn't is a flop.

PS. Celtics 4-2 go go!

At least Rondo did SOMETHING. Instead of just standing there. But I believe It was a no call. You can't call that. That's something you just gotta let play out.

I think it was a good effort for rondo to get in his way lebron is a monster I wouldn't try take a charge from him
I don't think it was a flop I thought charge when I watched it
But I also think the call rondo got at the end of the quarter looked as though the defender had his back turned
And rondo jump into him lol IMO anyways.

What's going on here Heat fans??

6a01156f2c3287970c014e883dc958970d-500wi

Is this why everyone where's white??

So u can all disappear at the half, fix your medallions, lippie and bangles, re-spray your hair and re-pop your collars??
Reminds me of another certain arena where they were purple and canary yellow....:lol::lol:

Matty u poor bastard putting up with this lot alone!!! I only followed the game at work - hard to watch online when you're a teacher!!

Don't have anything to go by other than the play by play and the box score but the boys really need to pull finger. All the heat have done is hold serve, sure the stats favour teams who do but, it's 2-0 boys.....

Bahhh...... either put one of the students in charge of the class & load up ol' league pass or give em a free period. ;)

Wow you think he flopped there? I think that was a missed call. He was stopped still and got bowled over, no farkin way did he flop

Floppity flop flop flop. The first angle makes it look like Rondo got knocked over, but study the other two angles especially the last one, and you'll see Lebron spins away from Rondo and he just falls to the ground. That's why there was no call and that's why not a single Celtic, and not ROOooooOOOOOOOoooONDO especially were complaining in the least. They knew it was the right call and you KNOW Pierce would be yapping his mouth off if it were a busted call.

I did watch the replays and I'm stickin with no flop. Only thing I didn't check was the score at that point, was it even worth complaining? Not so sure Pierce would have cause he may have got 2 techs in a row for saying boo like last BS tech

We'll have to agree to disagree then. Oh, more Rondo goodness below just in case you haven't seen his acting before.

[/COLOR]

Ah so that's where Garth got his 1230 OneHD time from, was tryin to tell me that it was 1230pm delayed.

This is where I got the 12 o'clock time from. My Austar TV guide for Wednesday 4 May

AUSTAR TV Guide The link will come up with todays date so you can either scroll back through or manually adjust the day and time filters. And yes it also shows the replay at 12am so don't stop there.

9.00am Nascar
10am am ANZ Championship
12.00pm NBA

Yesterday at 12pm I have Liverpool TV showing on the OneHD channel. I'm lost!
Anyway, today 1245 is Lakers v Dallas

---------- Post added 05-05-2011 at 09:45 AM ----------

Graham, is there a DISLIKE button available on this forum addons?

---------- Post added 05-05-2011 at 09:46 AM ----------

We'll have to agree to disagree then. Oh, more Rondo goodness below just in case you haven't seen his acting before.

Nope, no foul there, jumped in to him and took advantage of the guy bein so close. Good on him for using the rule book, he's good at it, see back at that time when he went over to the other teams huddle (Heat wasn't it?) and got them all confused over what was going on and whether it was allowed or not

I would say he did allow enough space and time but as you say 50/50 most of the time and 10/90 on someone else's home floor. Good attempt IMO

Yeah fair call. I think he allowed just enough time for LeBron to do the spin, if he allowed more time LeBron would have crossed over or completely changed direction to avoid him. I think if LeBron had collided with him they would have called a block, but since LeBron spinned out of it they didn't call anything because there was a wide open lane to the basket.

Interesting thought though, had LeBron not spinned out of the contact, it would have been a call for sure. Block or charge?

^If LeBron had of made contact with Rondon the only call being made would be for a shovel to scrap rondos body off the court.

Back
Top Bottom