Celtics v Heat 2011 Playoffs Second Round Thread **SPOILERS INSIDE**

Well if he wants Ratings he'll go Celtics in 7 like a good little boy

Also found it, says 1 May US time so looks like Sunday morning our time

Awesome match up regardless of result. My money on Celtics as:

1. they have been together longer
2. Rondo is stepping up

dont get me wrong, they will be close games.. but bosh is hitting mid-range consistantly now.

lebron and wade will have the slow and old celts interior in foul trouble early..

Bosh will choke. And Celtics will have plenty of fouls to use up between the O'Neal brothers and Nenad. that's right! Doc has been saving Shaq for this, his last hurrah! Boom!

For me the Heat have this pretty easy. LeBron is gonna show why he is the best player in the world.

You know, I like the Heat but...I have to say, from a match up perspective, the Celtics might just be that little bit better.
-They've got an advantage at PG with whoever Miami throws at Rondo.
-DWade is going to have to have to expand a lot of energy on the defensive end with Ray Allen running constantly off screens (that guy is in ridiculous shape) and then the Boston defense takes away a lot of his drives. Allen can be very streaky though, but Wade can still rack up points on any given night by drawing fouls on drives even on an off night.
-Lebron is going to be Lebron and if he uses his speed and athleticism against Pierce by attacking the rim, it's going to be hard to stop him and the Celtics will need to rely on their rotation and defensive help to be there. If he settles for jumpshots, that's when Miami is going to be in trouble.
-KG is an outstanding perimeter defensive player and is a nightmare for Bosh to contend with. However, Bosh's mid range jumper keeps KG honest and keeps him away from the basket, allowing more drives from Lebron and Wade.
-The two O'Neals are a handful for any of the Miami bigs, but neither are in their prime so it's just about who can rebound and block shots more effectively.
-So, the starting lineups for both teams will likely neutralize each other, but the difference in the series I think, will be bench production. Eddie House hasn't been getting a lot of minutes, but I tell you what, he will be pumped up to show what Boston gave up and Erik will do well to put him in the second unit. All the Miami bench players need to step it up, they've got the potential to rack it up big time. If they do, I see Miami taking the series in 6 games, maybe 7 games.

Back
Top Bottom