Celtics/T'Wolves Trade

metallica,
i dont kno much bout the celts

but this is my view

celtics trading Ricky D was the RIGHT move, he is never going to be in the upper echelon of players that can lead a team..
he is one of those guys that can have a streaky play, motivate the team for a minute after that... and thats it..
he puts bums on seats, but in my mind wont be a star player (that teh celts needed to progress)..

blount is a player that the needed to get rid of for cap space, it enables teh celts to make the big move in the future if they need to..

banks is a guy who i cant see becoming a very consistent player in the nba.. perhaps a good guy to come off the bench for a few minutes but thats about it..

with Wally you get a great role player that many clubs constantly seek out..with his long range shooting pierce can drive and dish more often..
and opposing teams wont be able to sit off him to send off a double team if they need to..

thers my opinion

Hence my comment on Dick Harter Mavs. He was an assitant when O'brien was coach and it was a D first policy combined with a stupid free for all 3 offense.

Everyone thought it was OB doing the coaching but he was just the voice. Harter came up with all the briliant D schemes and sets but when Doc came in he brought his own people and Harter was left out. That got us to the ECF's even.

D is the one thing we need now. Wally is a lot better defender than Ricky is. And Perk is now the starter and is a big force in the middle.

Lets not forget the TOs' that Blount leads the league in per 48, we saved giving up points already. We had many 100 plus pt outings this year and still lose. i'm not that worried about the scoring.

i think the celts are very lucky to get szcerbiak, for an inconsistent player like Davis who goes season by season it's good you get a quality player and a former all-star in Wally. He's one of the best shooters and is having a scorching season. The Rookie, Dwayne Jones is VERY good, i've seen him play a bit and his stats in the NBDL are very good, champion rebounder inside.

Kandi will fit the system more than Blount as he is a better shot-blocker and can play very well in limited time, giving more opportunities for Big Al and Kendrick Perkins. Kandi is the scrappy type of player you want instead of Blount.

Overall analysis, not very lopsided but beneficial for both teams, T'Wolves need more explosiveness and consistency next to KG and got both in Blount and Davis.

pretty even trade imo - but i think the Celts will be better for it in the long run.

I understand Jon's point though, i mean they just traded his fav player hehe. Give the guy a break. LOL.

I think on paper the trade favours the Wolves. On the court or in the future is a different matter.

Yes Wally has been hot this year but he's a streaky type player. If he's having a hot night he'll shot the lights out. But if he's having a dud night you might as well give the ball to Kandiman.

I don't follow the Celtics so I don't know alot about the players except for their stats.
I think Wally for Ricky is a pretty fair trade (although I would have preffered Artest or Francis) but offloading Kandiman for the others I think is a great move (In the short term anyway)

Now me, MetallicA and his younger brother can all cheer for the same team! Woot! ;)

Now me, MetallicA and his younger brother can all cheer for the same team! Woot!

lol you have no idea, it was a funny story. I was playing nba live 2006 against my older brother i was the celtics and he was the bulls. Alot of trash talk was happeneing, ' i was like all day ricky, gordon has nuthin on him and visa versa and then my little bro came in watched a bit and said like ricky d sucks and the celtics suck and then im like no the t-wolves suck and im like your coach sucks and we kept baggin each others team. He goes to the computer to the NBA site and see's the trade and yells out you wont beleive this we pause the game and me and my older brother go to the computer and my jaw literally dropped and my older brother just instantously started laughing and fell to the ground in laugher.

so all day i been getting bagged my my family, my brothers, older brother's gf and my friends.
its kinda ironic in the end.

anyways im always going to be a celt fan but i will now have a soft spot for the t-wolves. And they will have a good team now. The positive thing out of all this for me is that i will have someone to cheer for come playoffs this year. ;)

Doesnt Defense win games?

it certainly does, but you also cant win without scoring ;) . The celtics have had no problem with offence, it's our defence and lack of veterans that have held us back. Last year we got the atlantic division with the help from payton and walker who both are great defensive minded players. Ricky D isnt the best defensive player but he can play good d, he is averaging close to 2 steals a game. When he is in lock down with the opponents star guard his d is above par.

kandi still has potential to be good

your joking he will be about as useless as a waterboy. I hope i dont have to see him often in the celt uniform. Id much rather see the development of big al and perkins then see the worst #1 draft pick take court.

for an inconsistent player like Davis who goes season by season it's good you get a quality player and a former all-star in Wally

then what would wally be or most players in the nba. inconsistent and he averages 20p 5 a 4r a game. i admit hes not the best player but that is a stupid comment. Look at his career and it will unfold like a book, he hasnt had the chance to settle at a team really. He was kicked out of cleveland because of LeBron fair enough and then he finally has the chance to settle in at boston. After coming half way through 03/04 he plays 04/05 off the bench and comes 2nd in the 6th man of the year award and then plays in the starting lineup this year and contributors. He is far from inconsistent. He has the potential to be a superstar of the leauge.

potential for davis? no way, he's done, a few good seasons, maybe 3-4 max and his career his over. i won't argue with you tho, coz your biased as davis is obviously your favourite player.

MetallicA: LOL....Great story...spooky...but a great read!

So do you think you will still collect Ricky?? Or you gonna go with someone else now??...He put up some big numbers today and made some clutch plays down the stretch.

Edit: And you're gonna have to change your sig. Its SO yesterday! :)

Wow......I only found out last night. Big trade for Celts and T-Wolves fans.
Firstly, I'm feeling for ya Metallica, that's gotta suck. I honestly don't think Pierce will ever be leaving the Celts now.
When I first saw the trade itself, I thought we were done over, but I didn't see the first round pick. I have to totally agree with Chad, (not often that happens, lol) on the good this will do for the Celts. It will give us more good possibilities for the upcoming draft as long as they can get some game time of course. Sure Ricky was good for points and rebounds, but there will be someone else there to get the boards and Allen and West have been stepping up offensively in recent times.
I like the Szczerbiak aquisition. I've always like Wally. Gives us another outside option, a quality one at that. Dwayne Jones seems to have some potential too.
I'm keen to see the results of the next few seasons as to how this pans out.

yer it does suck having your favourite player traded but he was only in Boston for about 2 full seasons. So many trades happen in the NBA its something i have grown accustom too especially with ricky davis.

i think in the end, it works for both team's after watching their debut games.
Wally can hit tough shots and big shots, but he isnt the best defensive player. Olowokandi is a shocker but probally not as much as mark blount ;)
Ricky Davis wasted no time in his debut, hit some big shots and outplayed his direct oppenent tmac. with a big 30fter.

i will have a soft spot for the t-wolves now.
i have a few teams i dont mind cheering for when their not playing the C's, the bucks, the bulls and now the t-wolves.

big game tuesday i think, celtics vs twolves @ MIN

and bummed about the sig also, i loved it. will eventually get around to getting a new one.

Back
Top Bottom