Card Sale For Charity (update)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaames

Seahawks/Knicks/Liverpool
Real Name
Jaames
My girlfriend is from the Philippines and her Dad is a Pastor and does A lot of mission trips back to the Philippines so I hear about how much poverty and struggle there is in the country and especially with kids abandoned by their parents. So I was looking for ways I could make a difference when I found Tim Tebow's foundation to build a hospital in the Philippines (where he was born) The Tim Tebow Foundation was started by Florida Gator Tim Tebow.

100% of the sale will be going to the Tebow foundation. Thought this would be a cool way for members to get a card and help people less fortunate then us at the same time.

I'll also put the buyers name in the pledge when making the donation.

Thanks to these members for Donating,

[hide]Kiwi_in_melbourne
theflyinggerco
hsv006
rishgoon
BoondasH1
AussieLaker
siladee[/hide]

Funds raised so far $222.00

Caron Butler Patch $6 POSTED
CB4.jpg

Chad Ochocinco Patch $7 POSTED
IMG_0020.jpg

Karl Malone /100 SOLD
Tim Duncan /399 $3
Manu Ginobili /99 $3 PENDING
Amar'e Stoudemire /149 $3
Amar'e Stoudemire /99 $3
Brandon Jennings $3
Hakeem Olajuwon /499 $3
Scottie Pippen /599 $3
O.J. Mayo /599 $2
Please add $1 for postage.
CharityLot.jpg

Cheers.

Re: Card Sale For Charity

Nice Work Jaames.

If this card is still available i will grab it to get things started

nice...its always good to give back! i have always been a big supporter of childrens charities and some small charities that dont get much recognition--street kids...some terrbile statistics out there and kids living on the streets as young as 8 by themselves makes me weep and want to help them (my children are 3, 10 and 19)...
lmk what basketball cards you have and would like to help at some stage....

nice...its always good to give back! i have always been a big supporter of childrens charities and some small charities that dont get much recognition--street kids...some terrbile statistics out there and kids living on the streets as young as 8 by themselves makes me weep and want to help them (my children are 3, 10 and 19)...
lmk what basketball cards you have and would like to help at some stage....

3, 10 and 19???? Man, you are a sucker for punishment!!!! Just as they grow up and start to be easier to look after, you go again?????

But love your sentiments about those in less fortunate situations!!! and I too try to look out for less 'provided for' charities.

I started my own company about 2 years ago and made a rule that a donation from EVERY SINGLE sale I make will go to a charity. Usually I change it every 6 months but just recently I was able to donate a whole room full of kids toys and furniture to the Child Protection Dept of our local kids hospital. It is an area of the kids hospital that doesn't get any share of the hospitals standard funding????

Good work Jaames!!

---------- Post added 05-12-2011 at 12:36 PM ----------

Can I help by donating some Basketball cards???!

will you only list NFL cards ??

Nah mate I plan on listing cards of all sports and even some non sport.

3, 10 and 19???? Man, you are a sucker for punishment!!!! Just as they grow up and start to be easier to look after, you go again?????

But love your sentiments about those in less fortunate situations!!! and I too try to look out for less 'provided for' charities.

I started my own company about 2 years ago and made a rule that a donation from EVERY SINGLE sale I make will go to a charity. Usually I change it every 6 months but just recently I was able to donate a whole room full of kids toys and furniture to the Child Protection Dept of our local kids hospital. It is an area of the kids hospital that doesn't get any share of the hospitals standard funding????

Good work Jaames!!

---------- Post added 05-12-2011 at 12:36 PM ----------

Can I help by donating some Basketball cards???!

Mate if you'd like to donate some cards to sell that would be awesome.

Added a few quick ones. Will add a bunch more when I get the time to scan them up.

Wow. The hospital will be in Mindanao. Great cause. I remember on one of my early visits the muslim militants kidnapped some christian aid workers and beheaded them when the ransom wasnt paid. After having guns pointed at me, I decided never to return to that island lol. That was 2007 from memory. Now I only go to Luzon.

I'll try to contribute when I get some cash up.

Good on you james.....nice to see people helping those less fortunate
Keep ya cards mate....happy to throw $10 paypal your way

pm me ya addy

CMON LADS.....We all know ozcards its the worlds best card site////lets get behind this charity and show others what 1 dedicated bunch of collectors can achieve
Place a bid.....buy a card or even a small donation shows your a valued member with true heart
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
iM THROWING THIS CARD UP AS AN AUCTION...LAST 1 SOLD FOR AROUND THE $60 MARK PLUS POSTAGE
Your cash will go to a great charity and youll receive a super card..ends at 8pm perth time 09/12/2011
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
THERE IS ALSO A MYSTERY CARD INCLUDED ??........AND THE WINNNER WILL LOVE IT..AUTO/GAME USED

bidding starts at $5 inc postage

note...every cents goes to charity...ill post card myself

IMG-14.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom