Card questions from a newb

Cam Smithster

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Nathan
Hey everyone,
I've only just got into card collecting/trading over the last 3-4 months... I've been able to collect a few decent storm games as I'm a storm fan and that's what I'm mainly after.
I have entered breaks and also have brought boxes of traders and previous years elites ...I have also been able to sell about $300 worth of traders stuff the Last few weeks and have learnt a little bit about the hobby.

I just have some questions though and any advice is appreciated.

Prices: So because I started collecting after traders were already released it's pretty easy to work out how much to sell a card for using ebay or sites like this to see what people have paid and use that as a guideline. My question is, let's say I pull a decent auto from this year's elite and want to sell it...Do I use last years elites as a rough price guide? Also should I auction or straight sell?

Also I'm curious if anyone has suggestions on the most cost effective and best way to go about posting cards once I've sold them?
And final question will there be futera 1 of 1 cards in this years elite? I couldn't see anything on the flier that was released last week.

Thanks for any help!

Hey everyone,
I've only just got into card collecting/trading over the last 3-4 months... I've been able to collect a few decent storm games as I'm a storm fan and that's what I'm mainly after.
I have entered breaks and also have brought boxes of traders and previous years elites ...I have also been able to sell about $300 worth of traders stuff the Last few weeks and have learnt a little bit about the hobby.

I just have some questions though and any advice is appreciated.

Prices: So because I started collecting after traders were already released it's pretty easy to work out how much to sell a card for using ebay or sites like this to see what people have paid and use that as a guideline. My question is, let's say I pull a decent auto from this year's elite and want to sell it...Do I use last years elites as a rough price guide? Also should I auction or straight sell?

Also I'm curious if anyone has suggestions on the most cost effective and best way to go about posting cards once I've sold them?
And final question will there be futera 1 of 1 cards in this years elite? I couldn't see anything on the flier that was released last week.

Thanks for any help!

Welcome.

You usually find Elite prices are high upon release with everybody chasing cards for their teams, but after a period of time they settle down as people start dumping the cards they don't want on to eBay/FB etc.

If you want to maximise your price, id sell as early as you can

With a big price increase this year, I have no doubt sellers will have a harder time getting back the cost of their boxes/cases especially if the cards are no rarer than last years release.

Make sure you ship any cards in the same way as you would like to receive them. Penny Sleeve, Top Loader, Team Bag and Padded envelope (with cardboard inside for extra protection) is a good way to go about it.

There will be 6 1/1 Futera cards in the release for the players that appear in the spotlight jersey sets.

Cheers
Matt

Welcome.

You usually find Elite prices are high upon release with everybody chasing cards for their teams, but after a period of time they settle down as people start dumping the cards they don't want on to eBay/FB etc.

With a big price increase this year, I have no doubt sellers will have a harder time getting back the cost of their boxes/cases especially if the cards are no rarer than last years release.

Make sure you ship any cards in the same way as you would like to receive them. Penny Sleeve, Top Loader, Team Bag and Padded envelope (with cardboard inside for extra protection) is a good way to go about it.

There will be 6 1/1 Futera cards in the release for the players that appear in the spotlight jersey sets.

Cheers
Matt
Cheers mate. Makes sense about the price.

I have been sending my cards packaged like you said so that's good but I was referring more to how people actually send them...as in do people buy pre paid aus post parcels or satchels.

For me:

Buy a box of envelopes. e.g. in bulk means they are about 15-20c each i like the slightly bigger envelopes: Padded envelopes

A book of stamps = $2.20 per envelope

A label maker. This helps IMO and doesn't cost a lot. This is the model I have: Brother QL-700

I also re-use anything I get sent that is in reasonable condition, ( re-use / recycle/ re-purpose)

Registered mail on anything over $100 or to someone I don't know.

Ross

Welcome.

Cheers
Matt
right on Matt.

For me:

Buy a box of envelopes. e.g. in bulk means they are about 15-20c each i like the slightly bigger envelopes: Padded envelopes

A book of stamps = $2.20 per envelope

A label maker. This helps IMO and doesn't cost a lot. This is the model I have: Brother QL-700

I also re-use anything I get sent that is in reasonable condition, ( re-use / recycle/ re-purpose)

Registered mail on anything over $100 or to someone I don't know.

Ross
thats it Ross,
I personally register everything over 50.

Back
Top Bottom