Cancer. (REMISSION)

Mr.Gem.Mint

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Aaron
Long story short but i was diagnoed at 26 with testicular cancer. I went from 2 sport D1 athlete to laying in a hospital for 2.5 years. Plus the 10+ surgeries and countess chemo treatments (4 hoirs a day, 5 days a week)

I'm not making this a victimizing post but woman have so.many more outlets and support groups ,and since this is a predomoninantly male forum, i would do what i can to geLong story short but i was diagnoed at 26 with testicular cancer. I went from 2 sport D1 athlete to laying in a hospital for 2.5 years. Plus the 10+ surgeries and countess chemo treatments (4 hoirs a day, 5 days a week)

I'm not making this a victimizing post but woman. Have so .many more outlets and support groups ,and since this is a predomoninantly male forum, i would do what i can to get the word out. So PLEASE check yourself regularly and see a dr with any concern or feel free to ask me if you have any questions. Thanks and check your balls for cancer my friends. Get the word out. So PLEASE check yourself regularly and see a dr with any concern or feel free to ask me if you have any questions. Thanks and check your balls for cancer my friends.

Mods i know this is the wrong section but can you please leave this up for 1 day. Thanks

Aaron

PS: These, along with other boards helped me get throught chexmo! That and my continually chase or 03-04 exquisite: ) so thank everyone.

In my opinion there is no wrong section to encourage people to be concerned with their health.

Keep on fighting and keep on telling people to get checked out.

Thanks. I just want to get the word out that it can happen to anyone at anytime so check yourself regularly and don't be embarrassed to ask questions.

Good on you Aaron for raising awareness - 'embarrassment' is one of the biggest killers of males. Regular check ups are the key and don't ever think there is such a thing as a stupid question. I nearly lost someone close to cancer because she thought the symptoms were embarrassing...it was only after a big bleed out that we discovered an advanced cancer that was set to spread into the rest of her body. Quick action (eventually) means my kids still have a mum.

Well done on your fight Aaron - each journey is different for each person and it's great to hear it is in remission.

Well said Aaron, and while you're at it fellas, get the rubber glove treatment too. Prostate cancer is a big issue as well.
It's unpleasant but necessary!

Back
Top Bottom