Bumping For Sale Threads

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it ain't broke - don't fix it - it was never broke here in nearly 5 years until dudes starting pumping multiple threads....

U state 'not everyone wants to look thru long threads' - I'm sure you'd find more wanna do that than have to load up 3 or 4 pages to see all the new ones - that's what having multiple threads does...

I don't sell much but last time I did my thread disappeared into oblivion within about an hour because of all the multiple threads...it puts business off...

If it ain't broke - don't fix it - it was never broke here in nearly 5 years until dudes starting pumping multiple threads....

U state 'not everyone wants to look thru long threads' - I'm sure you'd find more wanna do that than have to load up 3 or 4 pages to see all the new ones - that's what having multiple threads does...

I don't sell much but last time I did my thread disappeared into oblivion within about an hour because of all the multiple threads...it puts business off...

bump...
Don't know if it's a good idea to have a 'sticky' at the top of the Buy, Sell, Trade sections stating something like this, or maybe an 'auto pm' the first time you post a trade/sale thread outlining some conditions or etiquette?

Just looking through the NBA for sale thread 1 member has 11 different for sale threads on the first 5 pages, one of the reasons you get bumped into oblivion with sale threads. All started within the last week from this member, I wont name names, very easy to work out though.

Rob

Just looking through the NBA for sale thread 1 member has 11 different for sale threads on the first 5 pages, one of the reasons you get bumped into oblivion with sale threads. All started within the last week from this member, I wont name names, very easy to work out though.

Rob

Hopefully Admin will step in and do something about that sort of thing.........that many For Sale threads is ridiculous!

With regard to only bumping for sale threads once in a 24 hour period, whats the go if someone slightly changes the title of their thread and knocks $10 off of the price of a card or some other deal, does this give them the right to bump more often? Have seen it happening quite a bit

With regard to only bumping for sale threads once in a 24 hour period, whats the go if someone slightly changes the title of their thread and knocks $10 off of the price of a card or some other deal, does this give them the right to bump more often? Have seen it happening quite a bit

I agree with u Luke atm its getting bad again!

What about having a for sale/trade thread that is the same as a wanted thread?

Surely if you're wanting to trade for something, you're obviously wanting it too, so there's no need for multiple threads.

It does deter people from visiting forums when all you see is multiples by the same member.

depends on if you want to catch morning, day or night people
dont want to bump at the same time everyday

24 hours is kinda crappy - to me, as a shift worker its hard to get on here at the same time every day just to bump a sale thread - i'd say as long as its a different day, more than 12 hours apart its all good

Once per day is fine. We've never been strict with 24 hours exactly. As long as its only once a day we are fine.
What's hoyles problem with 16 hours then? I think 24 hours is to long as there a lot of international members now that are on a different hours than us here in Australia. I don't see what the problem is with bumping every 12 hours or so. If we are selling and adding new cards people want to see the new stuff and we want them to see. We are only allowed one thread so I think we should be able to bump if we add new cards. My thoughts anyway!

What's hoyles problem with 16 hours then? I think 24 hours is to long as there a lot of international members now that are on a different hours than us here in Australia. I don't see what the problem is with bumping every 12 hours or so. If we are selling and adding new cards people want to see the new stuff and we want them to see. We are only allowed one thread so I think we should be able to bump if we add new cards. My thoughts anyway!

Once per day. If everyone bumped twice a day, when is anyone going to see any threads ? The ones that aren't being bumped are going to drop to the bottom and those that aren't on here every minute of the day are going to be inconvenienced.

Honestly I didn't have any problem at all, it was actually reported by other members who obviously did. All I did was posted a reminder in Big T's thread and would have been left at that. As I said to Big T in a PM, if anything I agree with the one per day and it actually makes things easier gfor the mods. The thing is we have to come up with some sort of solution that fits everyone. Otherwise the for sale/trade forum will be just full of bumps, no new threads, changes just everyone bumping their own thread every couple of hours.

I'm still going to bump every time I add new cards, hope that's not a problem
All that will achieve is exactly what Graham posted above, everyone will add a "new" card or a basecard just so they can bump, fair enough if it is legit but it will soon become the easy way to get your thread back to the top.

I'm still going to bump every time I add new cards, hope that's not a problem
Its unnecessary.. the first post makes it crystal clear how often you are to bump your threads and its to the benefit of ALL MEMBERS. Unless you are absolutely desperate for money and NEED to sell off a card quickly, which i'm assuming would not apply to you as the Tattoo business is doing so well once per 24 hours is the LIMIT. We have quite a few members who report excessively bumped thread to us and we have had quick chats to quite a few people who have had absolutely no issues following the rules. Scratching my head as to how you feel you are better than anyone else and why the rules should be different for you?

Thread closed everything that has needed to be said has been. Any issues take it up with a mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom