Bulls v Heat 2011 Playoffs Eastern Final Thread **SPOILERS INSIDE**

Steve Kerr : looks like Taj pushed Bosh in the back there, good call by the ref.

Marv Albert : well they say it was Noah so the foul goes on him.

:lol: nice try Steve. Bulls will need some luck to win with calls like that AND Bosh playing like a machine.

More like, "Looks like Boshg flopped there".

---------- Post added 23-05-2011 at 12:44 PM ----------

Thatll do me. Lebum smacked the crap out of Boozer and its play on.

Thatll do. It's Lakers V Kings all over again.

Yeah agree'd man hit him hard and give him no chance at the shot. Saying that its LeBron and the 4th quarter :lol:
Not easy when your back peddling and have that monster charging you down

Miami crowd chanting S.A.T. to Rose. They are in his head. this series is over.

Nah it's a 7 game series, theres still at least 2 after htis one.

---------- Post added 23-05-2011 at 01:03 PM ----------

Miami are playing well, Chicago are playing poorly and the game shows that. The way Chicago have played they dont deserve to win this game.

But the officiating in this game has been so soft and pretty one sided. Miami drives to the hoop, blow the whistle before they get there, Chicago drive to the hoop they have to be smacked off their feet to get a foul call. Game 1 Bulls surpised Miami and the league with the ease they won, the last two games Chicago have had to be good enough to beat both the Bulls and the three guys wearing grey. Some of the best phantom calls Ive seen since the MJ days.

I won't be saying sh!t until I watch it tonight after work...

But this isn't the only forum I've been reading about the ****tness of the officiating! Doesn't surprise me in the least though.

Poor shooting by Rose again, I think the young fella might be a little fatigued with all the expectation own his shoulders! Boozer comes up and shows what he is capable of, just needs to get there on a regular basis!

Bosh is a beast this series!

I won't be saying sh!t until I watch it tonight after work...

But this isn't the only forum I've been reading about the ****tness of the officiating! Doesn't surprise me in the least though.

Poor shooting by Rose again, I think the young fella might be a little fatigued with all the expectation own his shoulders! Boozer comes up and shows what he is capable of, just needs to get there on a regular basis!

Bosh is a beast this series!

Apart from Game 1 Rose has only had one other player supporting him in any real sense. In the two Miami wins its been 3 or 4 players stepping up and really have been good all round team performances. Deng, Boozer and Noah all need a long hard look in the mirror and find some consistency because their patchy games are killing us. If the Bulls don't win game 3 its all over, but by no means is this series dead at this stage.

All credit to the Heat. We deserved this one. Our rotations were faster the whole night, we played better defense than the Bulls. Any advantage they had on the bench in Game 1 has been negated with the return of Haslem energizing our second unit. For the Heat to play this level of defense, and do it two games in a row - they deserve all the credit. As for Bosh, he had a blinder. I find it humorous how people are willing to write him off though. They must have forgotten he averaged 24 PPG last season and prior to this season had averaged at LEAST 22 PPG for 5 straight seasons. The guy can score, so if fans want to keep writing him off like he won't do it again, feel free - but you're just setting yourself up for disappointment.

This was my first post in this thread:

Bench isn't going to be a deciding factor. Celtics and 76ers bench were both better than the Heat and they still lost. The bench gets shortened in the playoffs, and while reserves are important, it's the stars that ultimately win the game.

Ultimately it's going to be a defensive battle. If the Heat can match the Bulls in terms of defense, I see them winning it. Why? Because the Heat have more guys that can make plays offensively than the Bulls. If Rose struggles in any game it's highly unlikely the Bulls win that game. The chances of BOTH LeBron and Wade struggling in the same game is far less likely than Rose struggling by himself in one game.

I recall being laughed at, and Bulls fans (maybe Celtics fans too) saying I had tunnel vision, biased whatever whatever.

This very scenario has played out 2 games in a row now. Even today neither LeBron or Wade topped 22 points, but Bosh carried the load. The Heat and Bulls have both played stifling defense, but the Heat have more guys that can create their shot. If it continues like this, the Heat are going to take this one in the next few games.

---------- Post added 23-05-2011 at 01:46 PM ----------

But the officiating in this game has been so soft and pretty one sided. Miami drives to the hoop, blow the whistle before they get there, Chicago drive to the hoop they have to be smacked off their feet to get a foul call. Game 1 Bulls surpised Miami and the league with the ease they won, the last two games Chicago have had to be good enough to beat both the Bulls and the three guys wearing grey. Some of the best phantom calls Ive seen since the MJ days.

Man Rhys I recall reading other posts by you where you criticized the officiating, either in the Boston series or the Philadelphia series.

The free throw discrepancy in this one was 29 attempts for the Heat, to 21 for the Bulls. Not a massive difference.

What do you expect? Both Wade and LeBron are probably the two best players (with Rose) at getting to the rim and drawing fouls. Bosh attacked the rim and his calls were warranted. The Heat played outstanding defense. I didn't see any "phantom" calls that really stuck out as being non-calls. Majority of calls were right or 50/50 calls.

Get over it. The game was officiated normally as most games are. It's laughable how non-Heat fans always want to blame the refs. :lol:

All credit to the Heat. We deserved this one. Our rotations were faster the whole night, we played better defense than the Bulls. Any advantage they had on the bench in Game 1 has been negated with the return of Haslem energizing our second unit. For the Heat to play this level of defense, and do it two games in a row - they deserve all the credit. As for Bosh, he had a blinder. I find it humorous how people are willing to write him off though. They must have forgotten he averaged 24 PPG last season and prior to this season had averaged at LEAST 22 PPG for 5 straight seasons. The guy can score, so if fans want to keep writing him off like he won't do it again, feel free - but you're just setting yourself up for disappointment.

This was my first post in this thread:

I recall being laughed at, and Bulls fans (maybe Celtics fans too) saying I had tunnel vision, biased whatever whatever.

This very scenario has played out 2 games in a row now. Even today neither LeBron or Wade topped 22 points, but Bosh carried the load. The Heat and Bulls have both played stifling defense, but the Heat have more guys that can create their shot. If it continues like this, the Heat are going to take this one in the next few games.

Was waiting for you he he. Even you conceeded that what you stated about the stars winning the games really only applied to the Heat, as they really didn't have much else. However you also agreed for the bulls the bench is VERY important in most wins. So what you are saying now is almost a contradiction to previous statements made.

Heat have thoroughly deserved the wins and have played very well but I see the Bulls with far more upside than the heat. Our shooting has been woeful and in all the games we have had 10+ more shots than you. This means we are creating more opportunities but just not taking them. If the bulls shot only slightly higher we would have a very diff scenario then what we have had now.

Sounds like you have already wrapped up this series too Jimbo. Very dangerous thing to do in a 7 game series.

Was waiting for you he he. Even you conceeded that what you stated about the stars winning the games really only applied to the Heat, as they really didn't have much else. However you also agreed for the bulls the bench is VERY important in most wins. So what you are saying now is almost a contradiction to previous statements made.

Heat have thoroughly deserved the wins and have played very well but I see the Bulls with far more upside than the heat. Our shooting has been woeful and in all the games we have had 10+ more shots than you. This means we are creating more opportunities but just not taking them. If the bulls shot only slightly higher we would have a very diff scenario then what we have had now.

Sounds like you have already wrapped up this series too Jimbo. Very dangerous thing to do in a 7 game series.

No you misunderstand me Heafy.

I still hold that the bench isn't important to the Heat, but is VERY important to the Bulls. I'm not changing my tune on that, or contradicting myself. What I am saying though, is that while the Bulls bench gives them that lift over the Heat - Haslem's return has been very timely, and his efforts actually have helped lessen the advantage the Bulls have in this area.

Hence what was once a large advantage for them, off the last two games, has been significantly smaller.

In regards to "stars win ball games" - that is still true. The Bulls bench is VERY important for them, but it's not going to be the Bulls bench in the 4th quarter that wins games for them. The last two games the Bulls have not had anyone take over for them when Rose has struggled, while the Heat have had each and any of their Big 3 make big plays.

As for the Bulls shooting poorly, yes they are. However I've seen the numbers for the other playoff games. In the two prior series they shot 38%, 39%, 37%, 39% and 41% in 5/11 games from Rounds 1 & 2. In this series they've shot 34% in Game 2 and now 41% in Game 3. That makes it 7/14 games, 50% of the post-season they have shot at best 41%.

So this shooting is plaguing them and has all post-season. Why it's so different to the regular season I'm not sure, but they have consistently shot poorly. They are capable of breaking out of it, but when you shoot as poorly as you did today if not worse for 50% of the games played in the playoffs, you could easily continue to shoot as poorly.

In regards to me writing this series off. No I'm definitely not doing that. The Bulls were the #1 seed for a reason. But what I am saying, is that if the next few games are defensive slug-fests like the last 2 have been, and the Bulls don't find someone else to score points - the chances for the Heat are much greater than for the Bulls.

No you misunderstand me Heafy.

I still hold that the bench isn't important to the Heat, but is VERY important to the Bulls. I'm not changing my tune on that, or contradicting myself. What I am saying though, is that while the Bulls bench gives them that lift over the Heat - Haslem's return has been very timely, and his efforts actually have helped lessen the advantage the Bulls have in this area.

Hence what was once a large advantage for them, off the last two games, has been significantly smaller.

In regards to "stars win ball games" - that is still true. The Bulls bench is VERY important for them, but it's not going to be the Bulls bench in the 4th quarter that wins games for them. The last two games the Bulls have not had anyone take over for them when Rose has struggled, while the Heat have had each and any of their Big 3 make big plays.

As for the Bulls shooting poorly, yes they are. However I've seen the numbers for the other playoff games. In the two prior series they shot 38%, 39%, 37%, 39% and 41% in 5/11 games from Rounds 1 & 2. In this series they've shot 34% in Game 2 and now 41% in Game 3. That makes it 7/14 games, 50% of the post-season they have shot at best 41%.

So this shooting is plaguing them and has all post-season. Why it's so different to the regular season I'm not sure, but they have consistently shot poorly. They are capable of breaking out of it, but when you shoot as poorly as you did today if not worse for 50% of the games played in the playoffs, you could easily continue to shoot as poorly.

In regards to me writing this series off. No I'm definitely not doing that. The Bulls were the #1 seed for a reason. But what I am saying, is that if the next few games are defensive slug-fests like the last 2 have been, and the Bulls don't find someone else to score points - the chances for the Heat are much greater than for the Bulls.

See this is where you misunderstand me. My point is we have not struggled offensively in terms of opportunities. We have actually had more shots than the heat in every game with 10+ more. So the plays we are running are working and exposing your defence to a point. It's just lucky for the heat we haven't been hitting our shots. Shooting is a very fickle beast and can swing very quickly. If we start shooting anywhere near our season average we will take the series simple as that.

I also believe Rose, Noah and Boozer are all still playing with injury which isn't helping our cause.

Back
Top Bottom