Buddy Franklin Record???

loafic

Walt Frazier Collector
Real Name
Branko
eBay User
loafic
Given the amount of shots buddy is getting on goal every game and given the fact he is kicking atrociously right now (only about 50% conversion currently), there will bound to be some occassions when he will kick 12-15 goals, he just commands the ball and is mecurial at ground level for a bloke 6'5"... these are the days when a player just gets in that 'zone'... hes still what, 21 yrs old i think?

what will he be like when he is in his prime in his mid-late 20's... SCARY for the other teams if he can lift his accuracy to approx 65-70%... but great for us Hawks supporters

he will win (or lose) a premiership off his own boot one day i have no doubt

my question to you all is and a very big question i know... does anyone think he is capable of beating Fred Fanning's long standing record of 17 goals in a game??? :-k

interesting topic for discussion

I'd say as much as Buddy is a great player, the way the game is played these days I couldn't honestly see anyone kicking more than 12 goals in a single game.

I think you'll find the record is actually 18 goals in a game by Fanning, 18.1 to be exact!

I think he has a good chance to beat it. Dunstall kicked 17.5 in a game once, 22 shots in a game, and I reckon Buddy will need to beat that too to get the 18 given his accuracy.

The thing about Franklin though is he can crum exceptionally well and has pace which lets him sneak a couple of extras in games. Don't think he can get to 17-18, maybe 14 max.

I'm just happy with 6 - 9 a game to be honest, he doesn't need the hype that kicking 10+ goals in a game would bring. Unless he does it in a Grand Final ;)

Back
Top Bottom