Brilliance is coming

Boxes of Prestige are still available on eBay for 255 free postage. Minus fees and shipping costs this is a very poor return and would have likely been better off opening and selling singles on release while card prices were strong.

The days of box flipping are coming to an end - we all knew it was a matter of time. Nick Daicos might save this particular release but I'm confident in twelve months time the average punter will again be able to buy a case of series two.

Boxes of Prestige are still available on eBay for 255 free postage. Minus fees and shipping costs this is a very poor return and would have likely been better off opening and selling singles on release while card prices were strong.

Prices were strong for like 24 hours. It plummeted.

I kept dropping my prices but was continually undercut!

My remaining Prestige will just sit on the shelf until it starts to disappear

The days of box flipping are coming to an end - we all knew it was a matter of time. Nick Daicos might save this particular release but I'm confident in twelve months time the average punter will again be able to buy a case of series two.

The good old days when the average and importantly loyal collector was able to get a case of series 2. Oh how I’m yearning for the return of such times.

Surely not. Last years took a huge jump from previous years, can’t imagine that will happen again. It’s impossible to guess without knowing if it’s a step up or along the same lines.
I'll go 400. Those trying to open and sell will be losing 200 on most boxes.

I'll go 400. Those trying to open and sell will be losing 200 on most boxes.

2 years ago series 2 boxes were like $250ish, then jumped massively in one year to last years price for $330ish. That’s a big jump in just one year. I think a similar price point again. They would be crazy to bump it up too much again, not to mention greedy.

2 years ago series 2 boxes were like $250ish, then jumped massively in one year to last years price for $330ish. That’s a big jump in just one year. I think a similar price point again. They would be crazy to bump it up too much again, not to mention greedy.

And last years price increase was justified as the quality of the product increased a lot

This year I can’t see the product changing too much at all, so wouldn’t think the price would change too much (although many costs have probably gone up for select recently)

And last years price increase was justified as the quality of the product increased a lot

This year I can’t see the product changing too much at all, so wouldn’t think the price would change too much (although many costs have probably gone up for select recently)

Just my opinion but I didn’t think the huge jump was justified, it was just too much of a leap in one year. But that’s only my opinion, happy for others to disagree. But like you said I don’t think the product will change dramatically so similar price should be expected.

They will still sell out fast imo but secondary market prices will drop faster . If you want to make fast money you still will for a bit of time. Better off hanging onto boxes . Thanks to iron clad I too now collect unopened boxes

They will still sell out fast imo but secondary market prices will drop faster . If you want to make fast money you still will for a bit of time. Better off hanging onto boxes . Thanks to iron clad I too now collect unopened boxes

I love opening but prestige ruined me. I can't stand trying to trade/sell 20 bloody GWS/GC cards

I do a mixture now open some save some boxes and even collect some. Now I have to check if the box is in mint condition though especially if you want to resell . Best to also ask if it will be sent in a cardboard box as opposed to a soft mail bag

I do a mixture now open some save some boxes and even collect some. Now I have to check if the box is in mint condition though especially if you want to resell . Best to also ask if it will be sent in a cardboard box as opposed to a soft mail bag

LOL busted boxes are always bangers.

I don't worry about condition, but for hobby, its usually sent in a box

I never thought I would be able to resist opening boxes . I have quite a few now unopened

That is true although I am pretty much a collector there is much more money to be made on keeping the box unopened but keeping for a fairly lengthy period of time. I remember I used to buy packs maybe a couple of boxes of panini soccer World Cup the first one I think 2014 . Can’t believe what a box is worth now I always thought soccer was the big sport that could see cards do well .

Back
Top Bottom