Brilliance is coming

Exactly the problem. Fix it by increasing SCC membership and box allocation while closely scrutinizing SCC applications.

Let the flippers fight over whatever measly amount of product is left for general public. Best bot wins.
Perhaps have the option of a top tier SCC membership access to buy more boxes and a standard scc membership current level purchase.

Keep the SCC Membership then the remaining stock Give control back to retail, shops etc

Don't think that will fix the 'problem' sadly, just means those shops will make the $ instead of the flippers - the boxes will still end in the hands of the breakers.

IMO there is no huge problem - atm. A lot of us complaining that we cant get cases/product like we used to. Well, when cases were readily available at RRP (or just under if you knew the right people) the product was poorer and a lot less value for money. What Select have done is increase the value of the product substantially and driven the value of our PCs up significantly.

Yes, I cant bust 36 boxes of Series 2 like I used to, but if I'm smart and only bust the few that I get direct from select, I still get the thrill of the bust and can then put my funds towards that elusive PC card.

My main worry is that it is near on impossible to trade anymore, and there are a lot of gamblers in the game. The hobby has always been about trading to get the cards that you want - what I see atm is a lot of people busting/entering breaks to get a big card to sell for profit - these guys don't collect. If less people are collecting, then I see a big bust decline for the hobby incoming. We need more collectors and less gamblers in the game.

I've long been of the belief that if you make your product too hard to buy, too hard for people to obtain people will miss out, get pissed off and eventually lose interest and move on to other things.

We need more collectors and less gamblers in the game.

100% this.

While some collectors try and buy the new products to collect and trade, a few people I know of only try and buy releases like Brilliance/Supremacy so they can then flip to breakers at a higher price (they need the stock to break), who then on sell them via breaks at a higher price to make a profit.

Interesting times we collect in.

I have just started buying boxes at the inflated prices try and bargain and get best price possible . That is just the way it is if you are a collector. It does bring other people into the hobby albeit a different profiteering type but will mean the hobby stays around imo. It is just different now. Money talks and bullshit walks.

Where Select have improved is getting product printed and out fast. Where they have gone backwards dramatically is their customer service which is now non existent. Bring back Di and Robbie who had the courtesy to answer qualms and queries and fast too. They answer now with silence it’s actually appalling.

Where Select have improved is getting product printed and out fast. Where they have gone backwards dramatically is their customer service which is now non existent. Bring back Di and Robbie who had the courtesy to answer qualms and queries and fast too. They answer now with silence it’s actually appalling.

Yep I still havent heard back about my scratched up Michael Roach Sig that I pulled from my Supremacy box.

100% yes..
I find it crazy that in this day and age that they dont have a figure head,who can easily answer questions and respond to there customers.
Its very dark age, non internet stuff.
Bring back DI !!!

It’s terrible, many on here have not come along for a few yrs we have supported this business for decades. Coming up with new ways to disassociate themselves from legal obligations . If it’s out of the pack damaged we won’t replace it absolute rubbish. If I get a pack of biscuits and they are broken or a case of biscuits they will replace them but not Select . No we are not part of society https://m.facebook.com/SeinfeldTheB...-take-his-laun/152483083577503/?locale2=ne_NP

100% yes..
I find it crazy that in this day and age that they dont have a figure head,who can easily answer questions and respond to there customers.
Its very dark age, non internet stuff.
Bring back DI !!!
Many businesses use the silent treatment now hoping you give up, unless you take it further. I don’t mind Select making profits but on this issue they are in the wrong. Collector s are predominately the ones that buy cards and boxes on the secondary market. As a collector would you buy a Michael Roach signature card with a damaged signature, I wouldn’t. And it’s worth a pretty sum if mint .

Last edited:
It’s terrible, many on here have not come along for a few yrs we have supported this business for decades. Coming up with new ways to disassociate themselves from legal obligations . If it’s out of the pack damaged we won’t replace it absolute rubbish. If I get a pack of biscuits and they are broken or a case of biscuits they will replace them but not Select . No we are not part of society https://m.facebook.com/SeinfeldTheB...-take-his-laun/152483083577503/?locale2=ne_NP

Asking Select nicely for your 2 boxes of Brilliance....

george costanza practice GIF by HULU

Asking Select to fix a smudged signature....

Seinfeld Soup GIF

Selects response....

Seinfeld Soup GIF

There needs to be a better way to reward us collectors that been in the game for so long. Those of us that have been through the ups and downs. Though of us that have contributed so much funding / money into the hobby. Those of us that genuinely collect for our PCs. This is the heart of the hobby, important this is preserved

Stress of trying to obtain product is so overwhelming

You guys are forgetting one thing, every release is pretty much selling out in record time. Select are a monopoly. They don’t need to provide exceptional customer service, why would they. I guarantee if people started leaving the hobby and it started dropped off then bang, customer service is back, weird how that happens hey.
Back on topic, why haven’t my boxes left Select warehouse yet, hurry up already 😂

You guys are forgetting one thing, every release is pretty much selling out in record time. Select are a monopoly. They don’t need to provide exceptional customer service, why would they. I guarantee if people started leaving the hobby and it started dropped off then bang, customer service is back, weird how that happens hey.
Back on topic, why haven’t my boxes left Select warehouse yet, hurry up already 😂

Its painful mate, there are 300+ packages booked in and haven't been collected by Aus Post.

I suspect Robbie is masquerading as this "John" character who doesn't exist but sends all the difficult emails.

Back
Top Bottom