Hockey Black Friday NHL Boxes

Lazlow

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Mat
eBay User
blackmetalfan666
Wasn't much on offer that I fancied, but I figured I'd try some boxes I hadn't bought before - especially Upper Deck.

11/12 SP Game Used

When this came out, I was never fussed. Now that I've tried it, I still ain't. The potential is there to pull some ripper cards, but 9 out of 10 you'll just pull dog ugly jerseys and some mediocre hits. I'm so over sticker autos.

13/14 SP Authentic

People dig these for the Future Watch autos. High runs but on card. That said, its about the only thing you get in the box. Die cut Huberdeau was a nice find, though unnumbered.

13/14 Ultimate Collection

(had to turn the flash off, it was blowing out all the foil)
UC is a dangerous box. When its good, its brilliant. When its bad, its worse than herpies. Good thing this was decently reduced, though I still would be some way off getting my $80 back.

13/14 Playbook

Panini to the rescue. For all their faults (flooding the market, redemptions, running booklets into the ground, parallels), when you crack a nice box, you feel better about the world. They simply designed better looking Hockey cards than Upper Deck. Scored a PC hit (even if its Kesler - its always Kesler) and nice booklet to go with his silo patch I pulled from Crown Royale.

Here's hoping now that we only have Upper Deck providing NHL licensed product that they step up their game.

Nice hits, mate. That Toews-Seabrook is sweet despite being stickers. Can't go wrong with Roenick and Chiasson either.

Just to rub it in, I'm loving the way Ryan Kessler is playing atm.

Hi there .

Always nice to buy boxes , but wish they were more consistent rather than a huge hit and miss , nice toews dual auto and the huberdeau is ok as well , still prefer picking up singles .
Enjoy
Jason

Is the barkov available? Like the look of the card lol. Am dabbling in some hockey (big NFL collector, some of the guys I break with are slowly getting hockey on my radar lol) and seeing what is around.

Agree that Panini made better NHL cards, I do like Artifacts and don't mind MVP from Upperdeck though, at least the base cards look ok. Nearly all the other sets from upperdeck seem to be stuck in a 90's design look for some reason, here's hoping they lift there game.