Hockey Black Friday NHL Boxes

Lazlow

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Mat
eBay User
blackmetalfan666
Wasn't much on offer that I fancied, but I figured I'd try some boxes I hadn't bought before - especially Upper Deck.

11/12 SP Game Used
XDNpiAH.jpg

wJYjZAJ.jpg

When this came out, I was never fussed. Now that I've tried it, I still ain't. The potential is there to pull some ripper cards, but 9 out of 10 you'll just pull dog ugly jerseys and some mediocre hits. I'm so over sticker autos.

13/14 SP Authentic
rZ0Vb1p.jpg

People dig these for the Future Watch autos. High runs but on card. That said, its about the only thing you get in the box. Die cut Huberdeau was a nice find, though unnumbered.

13/14 Ultimate Collection
n0LSaLp.jpg

(had to turn the flash off, it was blowing out all the foil)
UC is a dangerous box. When its good, its brilliant. When its bad, its worse than herpies. Good thing this was decently reduced, though I still would be some way off getting my $80 back.

13/14 Playbook
M1elSIQ.jpg

ZzMb9UK.jpg

Panini to the rescue. For all their faults (flooding the market, redemptions, running booklets into the ground, parallels), when you crack a nice box, you feel better about the world. They simply designed better looking Hockey cards than Upper Deck. Scored a PC hit (even if its Kesler - its always Kesler) and nice booklet to go with his silo patch I pulled from Crown Royale.

Here's hoping now that we only have Upper Deck providing NHL licensed product that they step up their game.

Nice hits, mate. That Toews-Seabrook is sweet despite being stickers. Can't go wrong with Roenick and Chiasson either.

Just to rub it in, I'm loving the way Ryan Kessler is playing atm. ;)

Hi there .

Always nice to buy boxes , but wish they were more consistent rather than a huge hit and miss , nice toews dual auto and the huberdeau is ok as well , still prefer picking up singles .
Enjoy
Jason

Is the barkov available? Like the look of the card lol. Am dabbling in some hockey (big NFL collector, some of the guys I break with are slowly getting hockey on my radar lol) and seeing what is around.

Agree that Panini made better NHL cards, I do like Artifacts and don't mind MVP from Upperdeck though, at least the base cards look ok. Nearly all the other sets from upperdeck seem to be stuck in a 90's design look for some reason, here's hoping they lift there game.

Back
Top Bottom