bigpond conection troubles

rowdy7070

OzCardTrader
Real Name
jason
hi just wondering if anyone else has had troubles with bigpond everynow and then it drops out while on the net,phone has crackling noise don,t know if its water in the line after rain we have had but losing internet while bidding on a card etc not much fun :thumbsup:

bigpond can suck my **** as far as im concerned..

i have been/still are with them for 4 years and they just dont give a rats ass..

i pay for the top d/l speed ($99p/m) and i struggle to even get a 1/4 of that speed, on a good day..

so i call them up, a thousand times, to some bull **** call centre in the middle of **** no's where.. and they spin me the same **** every time..

'sorry sir about your poor connection and poor line speed we can send a technician out to test the line?'

'no, your dip**** technician has already been out 3 times and said that the line is fine, and that its your supply from the exchange'

'sorry sir but there are no notes on your file about this'

'cant you just put me on ADSL2+ ?

'sorry sir, that service is not availible in your area'

'next door has it ****head'

'are they with telstra?'

'yes'

'i will investigate this sir and call you back between 6 and 8 pm tomorrow'

'yeah right'

3 weeks later, nothing.

****ing retards.. i hate telstra and more specifically bigpond..

sorry to rant, but i'd like to stick my internet up their ass..

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

sounds like a line issue with noise on the phone.. i'd just test it again with a new filter or get them to check ya pit

The filter sounds like your prob get one from dick smith $30.
I agree but Bigpond = fking hopeless almost every morning we can not connect constantly have probs for $99 a month not good enough. I get sick of ringing the ****ers. Its not fair but what can u do

i like bigpond i got emails about illegal downloading on optus but dont get anything from bigpond.

i pay 89 for 200gb.

i like bigpond i got emails about illegal downloading on optus but dont get anything from bigpond.

i pay 89 for 200gb.

doesnt telstra also NOT count uploads towards data usage aswell? which would be a plus.
i been with optus for yeeeears, and never had any issues. $69/150gb...but im going to upgrade to 500gb for $79...bargain!

had the same problem in my case it was a faulty line, technician came out and fixed it that day, good as new.

hi just wondering if anyone else has had troubles with bigpond everynow and then it drops out while on the net,phone has crackling noise don,t know if its water in the line after rain we have had but losing internet while bidding on a card etc not much fun :thumbsup:

Using a sniper helps out with that! ;)

bigpond can suck my **** as far as im concerned..

i have been/still are with them for 4 years and they just dont give a rats ass..

i pay for the top d/l speed ($99p/m) and i struggle to even get a 1/4 of that speed, on a good day..

so i call them up, a thousand times, to some bull **** call centre in the middle of **** no's where.. and they spin me the same **** every time..

'sorry sir about your poor connection and poor line speed we can send a technician out to test the line?'

'no, your dip**** technician has already been out 3 times and said that the line is fine, and that its your supply from the exchange'

'sorry sir but there are no notes on your file about this'

'cant you just put me on ADSL2+ ?

'sorry sir, that service is not availible in your area'

'next door has it ****head'

'are they with telstra?'

'yes'

'i will investigate this sir and call you back between 6 and 8 pm tomorrow'

'yeah right'

3 weeks later, nothing.

****ing retards.. i hate telstra and more specifically bigpond..

sorry to rant, but i'd like to stick my internet up their ass..

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I hear ya man....... BigPuddle was my first ADSL ISP & never again.... their "technicians" are about as knowledgeable as a 5 year old & yeah...... about the call outs.... I used to deal with that too..... they used to say stuff like.... "If a technician comes out & they don't find a problem then you have to pay the bill". Fun stuff! :thumbsup:

doesnt telstra also NOT count uploads towards data usage aswell? which would be a plus.
i been with optus for yeeeears, and never had any issues. $69/150gb...but im going to upgrade to 500gb for $79...bargain!

If I'm not mistaken all new Optus plans will include uploads :) though the plan you are on might already anyways? I'm on Optus cable and it's been rock solid for years. The whole problem with DSL is the copper. Too many issues - it wasn't built for data!

If I'm not mistaken all new Optus plans will include uploads :) though the plan you are on might already anyways? I'm on Optus cable and it's been rock solid for years. The whole problem with DSL is the copper. Too many issues - it wasn't built for data!

yes, new and old optus plans both count uploads against your total d/l limit, but i think maybe thats not the case for telstra, which would make it a better plan no matter what...

same for me just drops out every now and then give it between 1-5mins and it reconnects itself, rang telstra technician cam out, they called said they found problem and fixed but still does the same, sick of trying to ring them for 45mins +
Funny thing its only been **** since moving to newcastle... living in rural nsw it was perfect lol!

Big puddle do count uploads, which is no good as most P2P sites don't like a leech and want members to seed to a 1:1 ratio. I am with Bigpuddle unfortunately, found that I had to return to them, the provider I was with TPG, could not supply ADSL 2+ and Bigpond was the only ISP that would supply that service. Now whilst its a high capacity service I don't quite reach 1meg a second on a good day simply because of distance from the exchange.

As far as noise, I ALWAYS get noise, have changed filters about 8 times, even had them change the T-hub, all to no avail, just gota suck it up...............jeez with I could get cable internet...............lol

Guys,
I struggled for a long time with the idea of changing companies. I'd always been with Telstra and was and still am a Telstra shareholder. In the end I have frank conversations with them about switching, each time told I'd be given a discount on my current plan. The next week after each call, I received a letter saying I was not valid for a discount. Over the phone they kept on saying that Optus has their call centre in India and all that stuff.
In the end I had shocking downloads at high prices with **** service. I changed to Optus and got a bundled package and it has been great. Faster internet, faster service, greater downloads. When I have had a prob and got transfered to India, the ppl have helped me with out difficulty. Ive been on the plan for a few years now, Telstra have door knocked and called me to get business back but I can't do it as Optus have been close to faultless IMO.
I don't think Telstra can maintain lines AND provide good service.
Your dilemma has confirmed my decision was a good one. Good luck. Mischa

Im struggling with playing NBA 2k11 online.. got Telstra 200gb deal.

Did a speed test and its all good.. but online games are laggy as hell (thats when i can actually get onto a game)

So fkn frustrating!

Any ideas!?

Guys,
I struggled for a long time with the idea of changing companies. I'd always been with Telstra and was and still am a Telstra shareholder. In the end I have frank conversations with them about switching, each time told I'd be given a discount on my current plan. The next week after each call, I received a letter saying I was not valid for a discount. Over the phone they kept on saying that Optus has their call centre in India and all that stuff.
In the end I had shocking downloads at high prices with **** service. I changed to Optus and got a bundled package and it has been great. Faster internet, faster service, greater downloads. When I have had a prob and got transfered to India, the ppl have helped me with out difficulty. Ive been on the plan for a few years now, Telstra have door knocked and called me to get business back but I can't do it as Optus have been close to faultless IMO.
I don't think Telstra can maintain lines AND provide good service.
Your dilemma has confirmed my decision was a good one. Good luck. Mischa

I have a mobile broadband. I was with 3. Cheap but the connection............extremely shocking. I could never log in and when I did connection was crap. Switched to telstra mobile BB, and the connection was out of sight! And on top of that I got a $20pm discount, so only paying $5 a month more than 3.

Also, when I called 3 to cancel, they said they will give me a discount and put me through to their IT. I replied what can IT do if they do not have good reception? All they said was I'll put you through to IT.......

Some may have problems with telstra, but if ou see the alternatives, you would be just as shocked or even more so.

Ersk

Back
Top Bottom