BGS at it again??? Graders beware the pittfalls of grading.

chadjaja

On the way back!
Real Name
John Holmes
BUT I'm still not sure. Here is the first post off beckett. Its a pressure crease though off the jersey just like Mavs one the other week. So it COULD have happed in shipping?? Anyway here is his post.

I just received 2 cards back from bgs grading. I wasted $90 on 2 cards for 2 day service with fast shipping back to me. One card was a sure bgs 9.5 until they damaged it. The card was 05-06 spx basketball chris paul auto rc jsy #d 750. I shipped the cards just like they say on there website and they put a crease around the jersey of it. The subgrades I received on this card were (centering 10, edges 9.5, corners 9, and SURFACE 2.5, WITH a final grade of 3.5). This really pisses me off. The card did not have a flaw on it when shipped. I have scans to prove it. I sent this card in with a 70-71 topps pete maravich rookie card. No creases on this card. That tells me that it wasn't damaged in the shipping process. Has anybody ever got there cards damaged by bgs??? What should i do?? They screwed me out of some resale $$$. Would upperdeck replace card if I sent the card back to them?? I have scans of the raw card and the bgs card but can't post them yet because I'm a new member. I would appreciate it if I could send the scans to someone to post them for me. The crease on the graded card is were the jersey is. The bottom right part of the R jsy and it runs to were it says drafted 4th overall. My email is [email protected]
thanks for your help!!!

BUT my BUT is No one has mentioned though this is different to my case. My card was almost bent in half when it was packed with a stack of others that weren't damaged. On the other hand his is a pressure crease and could have got this crease without damagaing the Maravich. How did he pack the cards??

It could happen anywhere but you hear less of this with psa, sgc etc.

They will be the only two to get my buisiness ;) Arn't you a lucky boy then! :D

Although I'm bias to SGC now with the quality of their grading and the great holder compared to psa.

its just not worth it...

the price, the risk, unless you were actually taking it to them, sitting and watching them do it, and get it back all for a few bucks, it just aint worth getting slabbed IMHO

I've pretty much decided that I'll never get a card graded again after the Chad saga. Although.... I would like to send them a granny sex postcard just for kicks. :smt026

Back
Top Bottom