Best basketball player nicknames?

AK 47 would have to be the best since he wears number 47 on his Jersey.

"Skip to my lou" is another fav

and AI

oh gotta have Jesus Shuttlesworth as well

The Captain (willis reed), Clyde (walt frazier), Mr Knick/The Hoya Destroya (of course, Patrick Ewing), Hawk (both Connie and Hersey Hawkins), Kenny "Sky" Walker, Spud, Thunder Dan, Tim Bug, The Stilt (wilt chamberlain), Chief (Robert Parish), just to name a few of the top of my head...

one of the worst? Wally world for sure. Had another on the tip of the tongue but just can't get it out...

For me nicknames and I use the word losely such as CP3, DH12, AK47 aren't really nicknames, hell it's their initials and their jersey number. Nicknames should have some thought and meaning to them.

And also Whitey it's not KG, it's The Big Ticket

White Chocolate, Reign Man, The Glove, Round Mound of Rebound, Black Mamba, now their nicknames and they all relate to the player

For me nicknames and I use the word losely such as CP3, DH12, AK47 aren't really nicknames, hell it's their initials and their jersey number. Nicknames should have some thought and meaning to them.

And also Whitey it's not KG, it's The Big Ticket

White Chocolate, Reign Man, The Glove, Round Mound of Rebound, Black Mamba, now their nicknames and they all relate to the player
I was just thinking this.
Surely players have quality's worthy of a decent nickname these days.

I agree completely! Except with Kirilenko, he chose to wear 47 specifically so he could be called AK47! :D

And there's Greg "Cadillac" Anderson! If my memory serves me correct, he got the nickname from when he used to ride a pushbike around while at the University of Houston. Had a lengthy, if unspectacular career in the NBA and then went on to spend several years in the big house for dealing drugs.

Just a couple more:

Stacey Augmon - The Plastic Man
Speedy Claxton
Glenn Robinson - The Big Dog
Glen Davis - Big Baby
Tim Duncan - The Big Fundamental
David Robinson - The Admiral
Amare Stoudemire - Stat
Shawn Marion - Matrix
Pervis Ellison - Never Nervous Pervis
Chauncey 'Big Shot' Billups
Stevie 'Franchise' Francis
Lloyd Free - World B Free (because he considered himself a member of the all-world team)
Eric 'Sleepy' Floyd
Daniel 'Boobie' Gibson
Richard 'Rip' Hamilton
Kirk Hinrich - Captain Kirk
Hot Rod Williams
Serge Ibaka - Serge Protector
Stephen Jackson - Captain Jack - great story behind that one btw
Vinnie Johnson - The Microwave (hot hot real quick off the bench)
Popeye Jones
Harold Miner - Baby Jordan
Cedric Maxwell - Cornbread
Steve Nash - MV Steve
Damon Stoudamire - Mighty Mouse
Sam Perkins - Big Smooth
Elliot Perry - Socks
Billy Paultz - The Whopper
Vitaly Potapenko - TheUkraine Train
Tree Rollins
Chuck Person - The Rifleman
Eric Piatkowski - The Polish Rifle
Andrew Toney - Teh Boston Strangler
Nick Van Exel - Nick the Quick
Anderson Varejao - Wild Thing
Ben Wallace - Big Ben
Jmaes Worthy - Big Game James
Corliss Williamson - The Big Nasty
Quincy Pondexter - Q-Pon
Jamal Mashburn - Monster Mash

...and finally this ripper from wikipedia for Jon Brockman: "The Brockness Monster" (because he was rarely seen in games)

Back
Top Bottom