Nice to be able to see that list, oneday i might have them all. For now i have:
#23, #19, #14, #12 :(
And my fav card isnt there: 1992-93 Hoops Supreme Court #SC1

there are so many.

94/95 skybox emotion ntense,
95/96 stadum club warp speed,
93/94 skybox centre stage
91/92 and 92/93 award winner holograms should have made the list

man they're some sick MJ cards in that list. im proud to say i have 7 from that list, these ones here:

23. 1992-93 Fleer All stars #6 ($40)
19. 1992-93 Stadium Club Beam Team #1 ($50)
18. 1994-95 SP #MJ1R ($5)
16. 1987-88 Fleer #59 ($60)
13. 1993-94 Ultra Scoring Kings #5 ($40)
12. 1993-94 Ultra Famous Nicknames #7 "Air" ($25)
4. 1986-87 Fleer Stickers #8 Michael Jordan ($200)

im surprised though that linchpins, court masters, golden touch, big man on court weren't on that list, then i would've had more :lol:. but then i guess it would've turned out to be MJ's Top 23 inserts instead :lol:. man i was also hoping my 98-99 UD Game Jersey would've been there, no good. mite need to pick me up one of them autos off that list one day. cheers guys :thumbsup:

im very suprised 1991 upper deck sp1 baseball and 1994 sp mj1 made the list.so many better cards than those, and sam vincent is such a suprise

I was a collector in the 1990's of nba cards and sadly those cards a re worthless now.
Here is a Question. I want to buy 1 good Jordan card, what do i buy? the 1987 rookie card or an autograh card? if auto which auto card? thanks

I was a collector in the 1990's of nba cards and sadly those cards a re worthless now.
Here is a Question. I want to buy 1 good Jordan card, what do i buy? the 1987 rookie card or an autograh card? if auto which auto card? thanks

I would go for his fleer rookie:worthy::worthy::thumbsup:

personally if buying any pre 1990 card i would go with the 84 star rookie.
(1) fewer produced (ie making it rarer.)
(2) officially should be regarded as a rookie as it was jordans starting year, not 1986.
(3) looks more attractive (in my eyes anyway)
(4) far to many 1986 fleer's floating around. a good card but i believe the star card will hold its value alot more.

(2) officially should be regarded as a rookie as it was jordans starting year, not 1986.

:D but when will the 84 star be regarded as his true rookie:(,i have recently purchased one of those cards, i dont know which one it is but its very nice
i will post a pic :thumbsup:

0823107.jpg

man they're some sick MJ cards in that list. im proud to say i have 7 from that list, these ones here:

23. 1992-93 Fleer All stars #6 ($40)
19. 1992-93 Stadium Club Beam Team #1 ($50)
18. 1994-95 SP #MJ1R ($5)
16. 1987-88 Fleer #59 ($60)
13. 1993-94 Ultra Scoring Kings #5 ($40)
12. 1993-94 Ultra Famous Nicknames #7 "Air" ($25)
4. 1986-87 Fleer Stickers #8 Michael Jordan ($200)

im surprised though that linchpins, court masters, golden touch, big man on court weren't on that list, then i would've had more :lol:. but then i guess it would've turned out to be MJ's Top 23 inserts instead :lol:. man i was also hoping my 98-99 UD Game Jersey would've been there, no good. mite need to pick me up one of them autos off that list one day. cheers guys :thumbsup:

big man on court was also a surprising ommision to me!

:D but when will the 84 star be regarded as his true rookie:(,i have recently purchased one of those cards, i dont know which one it is but its very nice
i will post a pic :thumbsup:

The guy that paid $82Gs recently won't be too happy if that happens :lol:...personally the 86 Fleer will always be regarded as his rookie card...collectors know it too well to suddenly change

The guy that paid $82Gs recently won't be too happy if that happens :lol:...personally the 86 Fleer will always be regarded as his rookie card...collectors know it too well to suddenly change

It's an icon of the hobby, it will never change!

(4) far to many 1986 fleer's floating around. a good card but i believe the star card will hold its value alot more.

i would agree with you, but star screwed that up by reprinting and re-releasing the bags in th 90's with the original printing plates. What that means is there is a ****load of 90s 1984 star cards floating around.

Why isn't the 1984 Star Jordan card considered his rookie card? - Michael Jordan Cards

i would agree with you, but star screwed that up by reprinting and re-releasing the bags in th 90's with the original printing plates. What that means is there is a ****load of 90s 1984 star cards floating around.

Why isn't the 1984 Star Jordan card considered his rookie card? - Michael Jordan Cards

It says that the 96 Reprint Refractors of the STAR release was limited to 50 but every one I've seen on the bay is numbered to 24 of 50 :blink: Can someone explain this?

It says that the 96 Reprint Refractors of the STAR release was limited to 50 but every one I've seen on the bay is numbered to 24 of 50 :blink: Can someone explain this?

Good point! I've noticed that also, what's the story???? :blink:

Good point! I've noticed that also, what's the story???? :blink:

the story starts at 4th paragraph.

here it is quote form that link I posted:

To top off the already lower standing of this set, Star ran an unauthorised reprinting of the cards with the original printing plates in the early 1990's. This was not authorised by the NBA. As the reprints used the original printing plates it was almost impossible to differentiate between original and reprint Star cards.

As a result of this reprint most grading companies refused to grade Star cards due to the difficulty in determining reprints. It was not until recently that some major grading companies have begun to offer grading services for these cards by enlisting the help of experts in the field.

Back
Top Bottom