Bannings

adhunt99

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Andrew
eBay User
adhunt99
Hey guys, what do you reckon about having a sticky which says which members have been banned and for what reason (in a general sense of course) like abusive language etc...???

Personally I find it a bit frustrating to see someone is 'Banned' and have no idea why.. It would also help people understand the boundaries considered acceptable behaviour...

:thumbsup:

Geez should be some good reading..

threats of violence
Threats of legal action
spamming
mass pm spamming of other sites
Rejoining again and again after being banned
Total **** stirrer aimed at causing problems and nothing else
Bad trader
Being racist, abusive, homophobic etc etc
Trolling

And I'm pretty sure everyone here knows the boundaries already. Its just some push them and then cry when they are finally banned. It doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure you you do the above and you will get booted.

threats of violence
Threats of legal action
spamming
Bad trader
Trolling

And I'm pretty sure everyone here knows the boundaries already. Its just some push them and then cry when they are finally banned. It doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure you you do the above and you will get booted.

True, it's really more for convenience so we know if we wanted to contact one of them or had a deal etc so we could get an idea of the problem :thumbsup:

I've started the list, but I will add more detail. Unfortunately the system only has a small description so I will go back and find out what happened with each of them.

yup thats understandable.

We walk a fine line though sometimes leaving members on till deals are completed though.

Out of curiosity ... what's trolling??

Suggestion: When it comes up with Banned above their avatar ... is there anyone of adding whether its a one-week ban or permanent ... I've yet to be affected but hypothetically, if you are dealing with the person, it'd be useful to know.

Trolling is when another member constantly harasses you and follows your posts around the site to make posts aimed at you personally etc.

If you have a problem with a member or any opinion this is not the way to go about it. We ensure everyone can post here without the feeling of every time they post they will get attacked etc.

Suggestion: When it comes up with Banned above their avatar ... is there anyone of adding whether its a one-week ban or permanent ... I've yet to be affected but hypothetically, if you are dealing with the person, it'd be useful to know.

Can't do that, but in future if a member is banned we will add a new post to the banned members list with the details.

threats of violence
Threats of legal action
spamming
Bad trader
Trolling

im not trying to undermine your authority here, but you would ban someone for being homophobic? I dont understand what having a fear of gay people would have to do with being banned? I understand banning people for abusing gay people, but not for being homophobic.

im not trying to undermine your authority here, but you would ban someone for being homophobic? I dont understand what having a fear of gay people would have to do with being banned? I understand banning people for abusing gay people, but not for being homophobic.

I think thats probably what was meant - if someone takes their homophobia and makes it an issue - because we all deserve respect, regardless of who we love etc.

Well I thought it would just be common sense to interpret what I meant by putting that in. Being scared of gay people well that is just some members own issue but they aren't meant to be dealt with here in discussion on a card/sport site.

I think thats probably what was meant - if someone takes their homophobia and makes it an issue - because we all deserve respect, regardless of who we love etc.

gathered as much, just seemed a weird reason to ban someone hehe, and i agree whole heartedly every1 does deserve respect no matter on their lifestyle.

Well I thought it would just be common sense to interpret what I meant by putting that in. Being scared of gay people well that is just some members own issue but they aren't meant to be dealt with here in discussion on a card/sport site.

i was just seeking clarification thats all. I mean there is a whole range of social disorders present on the board, i just thought it would be weird to single out one.

Trolling is when another member constantly harasses you and follows your posts around the site to make posts aimed at you personally etc.

If you have a problem with a member or any opinion this is not the way to go about it. We ensure everyone can post here without the feeling of every time they post they will get attacked etc.

You got that right Chad. I can think of about 20 instances when one particular dude here has been attacking each and every post that i've managed to write. The mod's have failed to act on any of these occassions and this is very sad to hear.

I'm not sure if this guy is around any more on these boards as i haven't seen his essay like posts. But if you wanted an example of the word "trolling "this guy would definitely fit the mould perfectly:thumbsup::thumbsup:.

You got that right Chad. I can think of about 20 instances when one particular dude here has been attacking each and every post that i've managed to write. The mod's have failed to act on any of these occassions and this is very sad to hear.

I'm not sure if this guy is around any more on these boards as i haven't seen his essay like posts. But if you wanted an example of the word "trolling "this guy would definitely fit the mould perfectly:thumbsup::thumbsup:.

haha!!! I second that!!!! :thumbsup:

I remember reading threads and everytime you posted something, He posted something after you trying to stir it up!!!

Haven't seen anything in awhile from him, so I guess he aint here no more!!!!

The mod's have failed to act on any of these occassions and this is very sad to hear.

And you know that PM warnings weren't sent to this member and it wasn't discussed at Admin level :rolleyes:

We don't have to put every issue up on the board for it to escalate, some are better just dealt with.

Back
Top Bottom