Bailey gets the Melbourne Coaching Job

MetallicA'

Ricky Davis Collector
eBay User
senyac1
Im very happy with this appointment as this guys is a prooven winner and a fierce competititor. He is an intimidating looking character and is apparently nicknamed, "Cuddles" because of his appearance. :D

Here is something i took from a news article i read on 121:

He has been involved in premierships with Essendon (2000) and Port (2004) and been out of finals in only one of his eight seasons as an assistant.

That is a bloody fine record and I look foward very much to the off-season which will proove to be the most active and thorough Off-Season for along long time at Demonland.

Also its rumoured Conolley will be taking Chris ***an's old job as Football Operations Manager aswell as Riely to remain as assistant under Bailey.

I appauld the board for coming up with such an extensive and brilliant process they put in place to find their next head coach. In the end of the day Conolley had disaster written all over him, Sheeds is 59 and i would pick Bailey over Hardwick anyday.

Great record and hopefully he can take us to the promised land. :worthy:

Sounds good ey :)

And in other news, I got tickets through the MCC Ballot for the Grand Final for the 3rd year running :D Carn the Hawks!

hey ,metallica you must be happy with your new coach how do you feel about the melbourne/carlton game

now melbourne needs to look at its list like carlton and make tough disccisons
personally i am happy with ratten at carlton i know if we did not get him melbourne would have

hey ,metallica you must be happy with your new coach how do you feel about the melbourne/carlton game

now melbourne needs to look at its list like carlton and make tough disccisons
personally i am happy with ratten at carlton i know if we did not get him melbourne would have

Melbourne Carlton game is going to be the worst dog fight! No one wants to win and Carlton arn't shy about showing it!

Bailey sounds like a tough nut that won't take the crap that some your better players, namely Travis Johnstone and Brad Miller, dish up from time to time.

Hopefully he can get the Dees back on track

I have just finished an evaluation about our List and what needs to be done, ill add it to this thread and the MFC season thread.

Stevo - You are certainly right in saying if Carlton didn't get Ratten we would have, i wanted Ratten all along but when he dropped out i became more fond of Bailey. The Blues and Dees have recruited their Head Coaches beautifully!

Yep this Sunday is going to be very interesting match to watch lol and i think both teams supporter base will be cheering for the opposite team lol :lol:
It will be a fitting end to one of the worst years at Melbounre since i've been following the club. :p

Melbourne Evaluations and Plan for 2008

Staff:

Head Coach – Dean Bailey
Football Operations Manager – Chris Connolly (Speculation)
Assistant Coach – Mark Riley (Has 1 more Year and has stated he will stay on)
President – Paul Gardiner

Playing List 40 with 3 on the Rookie List (I think)

Captain for 08:
Brock McLean

Retired: (-4)
Bryon Pickett
Clint Bizzell
Nathan “Dogga” Brown
David Neitz (Should hang up the boots, is really looking like his age out their and I think we should start molding Newton as his successor at FF and Bate to hold down CHF.

Delist: (-7)
Chris Johnson
Heath Neville
Daniel Ward
Isaac Weetra
Mark Jamar
Daniel Hughes
Ryan Ferguson

Elevate: (+1 to List of 40)
Jace Bode

Rookie Listed Players:
Shane Neeves

Trading Block (-3)
Cameron Bruce (Contracted on for another 2 Seasons, but his skills this season have been dreadful and is a soft player and with a new coach and approach we should be looking to iron out these types of players)
Brad Miller (Produced 1 good year at Melbourne, has been given a mass amount of chances to prove himself but has shown nothing)
Russell Robertson (Out of contract and has been offered 2 years but he wants three. Id hate to see Robbo go because he is the heart of Melbourne along with Neita but he is 30 years old and his knees have troubled him recently)
Travis Johnstone (Possible, for him to stay he should be required to put in a good pre season and hit the gym and really change his attitude and his harden up. He has one of the nicest and most accurate kicks in the AFL but his rest of his game leaves little to be desired.)

Off-Season Additions:
Chris Judd
Justin Sherman
An Established Backmen (FB or a Key Back)
Any Free Agents that are well worth signing should be looked at and considered.

Draft:
If we win this week and Richmond lose (Most likely outcome) we get picks;
If Carlton win (than we get some real good picks)
18 (PP)

This will be updated after Sunday’s result but honestly I would much rather lose but I can’t see it happening. We would finish 2nd last and would be primed to get Matthew Krzuer with the 2nd Pick as I don’t think Richmond will go for another Ruckman even though he is the pick of the draft. I would also love to sign Scott Selwood, from what I’ve heard he has been labeled the best Selwood even better than Joel and he plays CHF.
Don’t know to much about the talent in this years draft except for the fact it is being labeled deep and the most talented since Judd’s draft. We should also look for a livewire, a key backmen and also a hard at it and workhorse like midfielder.
So if we win we get 2 picks in top 20 well one of them is on the cusp of 20 at 21 and if we lose than we get three picks in the top 20. So I say tank tank tank but it’s whether or not we can tank tank tank better than Carlton.

+ I think we get a pick in the Rookie Draft, not to sure about this but if it is and we do select someone than they will be thrown on our Rookie List and be required to play for Sandy in 08 to prove themselves. If though we get a high pick and select a veteran type player which can happen than id imagine they would join our list of 40 but I doubt we will opt with this option. Again I’m not entirely sure how this works but that’s my basic understanding of it.

A Trade Proposal:

Miller and a Late Pick for Justin Sherman

Miller is a Queensland boy and Sherman a country Victorian. Sherman has had a shocking season and is really finding it hard to break into the Lions team. And Miller could resurrect his career under Leigh Matthews and could be handy with Brown and like Tarrant with Pavlich.

Our Best 22 without our Off-Season Additions and taking out all my delisting and retirees’ and only keeping Robbo in from the trading block:

B - Bartram, Carroll, Whelan
HB - Bell, Rivers, Wheatly
C - Dunn, McDonald, Moloney
HF - Green, Bate, Sylvia
F - Davey, Newton, Robbo
Fol - White, Jones, McLean
I/C - P.Johnson, Frawley, Pettard, Yze

Leaves:
Godfrey, Buckley, Bode, Warnock, Garland, B.Holland

So basically with all my omissions we have to sign/draft 12 players and also add 2 players to our rookie list.
If that’s not a cleanout than I don’t know what is :D

That’s about it; I think my assessment is both fair and accurate and I haven’t protected any players because their my favorites, for example I am a fan of Bruce and Travis but I’m just telling it as it is. Like to hear from Ben and a few other Demon supporters to see what their take is on my analysis and get opinions and ideas. I will add to this post with our draftees and when things become official!

intresting metallica i doubt you will get much for miller because he has not found his postions plays alot like whitnall keep wheatley he his a handy depth player

trading bruce and jhonston you could get some decent picks for them
whats happend to yze is he finshed

rebuilding your team with youth is great but you need experince look at carlton as a example
and as for melbournes worst season carlton have there's every year

Id love to see Yze stay at the club for experience and he is a prooven match winner. As long as we have hard players around him i dont think his spot in the team could be exploited by the opposition for his lack of hardness . Id love to see Yze become to 2nd Dee to reach the 300 game milestone and he would have to play for another 2 years if that was to happen and i think it can.

And you right you defiantly need experience in a team and if you look at my best 22 their are still some vets in their and we can easily get some experienced players in the off-season aswell.

Wheatly reminds me alot like Fletcher and to have a general or QB if you like in the backline is a real advantage.

Miller could resurrect his career but i just dont want it to be at Melbourne :lol:. He probally isnt worth much but other teams might be looking for a tall foward and could help steer him in the right direction again.

Like the evaluation. Will go through it further, but I reckon hold onto Chris Johnson and see what he's like without Daniher who didn;t give him a chance. Also allow Neitz to stay on for another year to aid the new captain change over (he's giving it up, we all know it), and no way can Brock be captain yet, the KID has no leadership. James MacDonald for a year or 2 or Brad Green as an outsider.

Maybe also keep Ferguson, we lack tall defenders, but agree with Jamar going. Plus, apparently we're on a list of 3 to land Brendon Lade from Port. And Bailey surely can sway him more-so :)
And yes trade those players but not Robbo, he'll be back.

Chris Johnson is a preety boy dud. Even playing under Riely he looks lost, un-interested and goes about it half hearted. I say sweep these players off our list :lol:

Neita could play on 1 more year and i wouldnt mind seing it too :D but he has to hand the Captaincy down. McLean most defiantly does show leadership, just because we got owned in that one game he captained doesnt mean he's not ready. He is more of a leader than just about all our senior players. Jmac has maybe 1 or 2 years left so i dont really see the point in handing it down to him and Greeny could well and truly be involved in a package to land Judd.

That Lade talk is nice though and the first i've heard of it, he is one of the best tap ruckmen in the AFL. :D

Chris Johnson is a preety boy dud. Even playing under Riely he looks lost, un-interested and goes about it half hearted. I say sweep these players off our list :lol:

Neita could play on 1 more year and i wouldnt mind seing it too :D but he has to hand the Captaincy down. McLean most defiantly does show leadership, just because we got owned in that one game he captained doesnt mean he's not ready. He is more of a leader than just about all our senior players. Jmac has maybe 1 or 2 years left so i dont really see the point in handing it down to him and Greeny could well and truly be involved in a package to land Judd.

That Lade talk is nice though and the first i've heard of it, he is one of the best tap ruckmen in the AFL. :D

Brock will be a Captain, but I think we should give it to Jmac for that 1 or 2 years to let Brock mature just that little more. Green has been disappointing playing wise this year yes, but has stepped into the taking control/leadership role a little more which I have liked. But if it's to get Judd, DO IT!

Thats what I like to hear but thats only so you can make me jealous LOL

I may not even get grand final day off work :(

I'm hoping they make it. I'd like them to, but they're probably going to have to get through Port or West Coast AWAY to do it...But hey, I don;t mind who I see for a $10 reserved seat at the Granny! ;)

Back
Top Bottom