Australian Memorabilia Association.

mudkipisweird

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Joshua Glenn
Hi everyone. I recently (stupidly) purchased something that was authenticated by Australian Memorabilia Association, without checking if it's a legit company. Hence, I've come here to ask... Are they legit? There's a thread explaining something about them but for some reason I can't access it. Thanks, folk.

Hi everyone. I recently (stupidly) purchased something that was authenticated by Australian Memorabilia Association, without checking if it's a legit company. Hence, I've come here to ask... Are they legit? There's a thread explaining something about them but for some reason I can't access it. Thanks, folk.
pretty sure there was a thread about these guys a couple of years back. aka score memorabilia. the conclusion being theyre sketchy as hell...

The Australian Memorabilia Association is a genuine thing. If you know how it work you will understand why it legit.
there was a whole thread discussing their dodgy practices. people looked into AMA and how theyre connected to other dodgy business' like 'score memorabilia' and 'elite sports management'.
you even got involved in the discussion and failed to clear anything up...

Last edited:
The AMA was set up by Score Memorabilia in Wollongong to authenticate their own autographs. The AMA holds absolutely no creditability in the autograph industry. Score memorabilia changed their name to Legends Genuine Memorabilia as their reputation was in ruins (Midnight Oil went legal on them for selling fake guitars - Midnight Oil did a press release at the time).

Legends Genuine Memorabilia then thought it was a good idea to steal the name and logo of a reputable memorabilia business that traded 20 years ago. Once the original owner of the old Legends became aware of this he went legal on them and they had to change their logo and put a disclaimer on their website stating they were in no way affiliated with the previous Legends lol.

Legends has now resorted to selling their stuff through unsuspecting charity auctions as their reputation online is once again in tatters.

Sportsonline is run by a David that calls himself a Doctor. What a Doctor is doing selling memorabilia is an interesting question ? Anyway David is close friends with Legends and sell the same stuff as Legends.

This was brought up on a FB page today.. I had to check out this 'Sportsonline' who I've never heard of before.

There is a whole lot of fake items on there.. this in particular caught my attention.. a LBJ Lakers Jersey with a pre-2010 style LBJ auto on it.
Just amazing what you can get away with these days.

https://www.sportsonline.com.au/Pro...onally-Signed-LA-Lakers-Gold-Icon-Jersey.aspx

That Lebron is a shocker... I hate seeing people get ripped off!

Jordans are excellent as well!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

1590492911080.png

1590492949352.png

I understand it might not be high on the "list of things to do" for the police
but why is this fraudster not made a example off and been taken down
there is plenty of cases In the U.S were they have locked up scumbags who have tried there hand at fake sports memorabilia and fake signatures.

Originally the AMA was set up so that a Memorabilia dealer could do signing session with a witness.
A select group of dealers meet in Sydney for the first meeting where dealers came from Brisbane , Melbourne and Sydney dealers as well.
Would I ever have another dealer at any signing session I do NO F@@K@N WAY there are dealers on here who have cut my grass using my name to get things signed.

I do my own thing because it’s easier because reputation in this industry means everything.

Last I knew over 30 dealers where part of this and quite a few of them I know personally so rather blame the AMA , blame the Memorabilia dealer you have the problem with because you throw mud at all the dealers who are part of the AMA.

Is that fair to blame them as well.

I do agree if it is fraud goto the Police.

Because there is no place for fake items not only here in Australia but also world wide.

These guys at Ballers Down Under doing their own certified MJ balls too.
https://www.ballersdownunder.com/product/michael-jordan-chicago-bulls-autographed-nba-basketball/
"The autograph on this item is hand signed and is that of NBA and Hall of Fame Legend, ‘His Airness’ Michael Jordan. This item is accompanied by an individually numbered tamper-evident hologram sticker and Certificate of Authenticity from Ballers Down Under."

Also, even though they have ONLY 1 LEFT IN STOCK...
"*Please note that the autograph, ink and ball may vary to that illustrated."
If you had only one don't you think you'd be able to take a photo of the actual ball ?!?! :lol:

I actually inquired about this ball a month back, was told they'd get back to me but they never did. But they did proceed to remove ALL the 7 or so different player autographed balls from their website... now weeks later this one comes back up with the additional revised blurb:

"These items are 100% sourced by reputable dealers in the US however are not UDA. These items are imported from US suppliers whom in turn source them from various public events, sightings and signing opportunities. These items are best suited to those looking for an awesome, genuinely sourced collectable without the enormous price tag."

Authentic Jordan auto ball for heavily discounted $1197 aud... incredible!

Originally the AMA was set up so that a Memorabilia dealer could do signing session with a witness.
A select group of dealers meet in Sydney for the first meeting where dealers came from Brisbane , Melbourne and Sydney dealers as well.
Would I ever have another dealer at any signing session I do NO F@@K@N WAY there are dealers on here who have cut my grass using my name to get things signed.

I do my own thing because it’s easier because reputation in this industry means everything.

Last I knew over 30 dealers where part of this and quite a few of them I know personally so rather blame the AMA , blame the Memorabilia dealer you have the problem with because you throw mud at all the dealers who are part of the AMA.

Because there is no place for fake items not only here in Australia but also world wide.
give it a rest already. you always come in saying: "no, its all legit, you just have to understand how it works". but you never actually provide any information or proof of how it works. it doesnt matter how many times the AMA changes its name, itll still be a scam.
and yes, if you allow dodgy people to use AMA over and over again without ever doing anything about it, then it is more than fair to blame the company aswell...

The problem is their name is being put to some ugly (fake) sigs. So either AMA is party to it or they are giving coas out like corn flakes

Back
Top Bottom