WoobieZarz

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Scotty
eBay User
WoobieZarz
COMC User
WoobieZarz
Dunno if y'all have read, but apparently Ron Artest has requested to be traded from the Pacers, supposedly to the Knicks.

The Knicks have a lot of interest in Artest.

I also read that the Cavs have Artese on their short list??? :?

Artese is that Italian Small forward right?

Ha Ha
Only kidding mate

I guess it depends on what way the Pacers want to go
I would imagine that the Kings may offer Peja
And the Knicks probably have some expiring contracts that they can offer

The Pacers seem to have said that if Artest doesnt want to be here we don't want him here
You have to respect that!
A great attitude by the classy Pacers organisation

I like what Jermaine said.

"I'm not going to answer any more questions about Ron Artest," he said. "Ron doesn't want to be here, so Ron doesn't matter anymore."

:lol:

"This is about us winning two straight games," O'Neal said. "You guys got any questions about us winning two straight games? You got any questions about us having the second-best record in the Eastern Conference, even though we've struggled?"

8)

yeah i heard the same thing the other day watching the NBA , knicks , kings and cavs were the 3 teams mentioned although at the time the pacers said they werent interested in trading him, obviously thats changed :lol:

It'd be really hard for the Pacers' coaching staff, and players to work with Artest when he's publicly said he dont wanna be there.

They said something about trading him for Peja. That'd mean going to the West. Artest returned comments along the line, that he'd "wait for his contract to expire, and let New York sign him".

I love his comments tho, how he said that his coach wont let him exercise his skills allowing Artest to show his scoring abilities... he's bitching cos he's 2nd in scoring, leads league in steals, is 2nd in 3pts made for indiana or something... Yet he showed interest in going to Cleveland... hmmm... playing alongside Lebron... YEP, gonna get a lot of leadership there....

As I said elsewhere

artest5te.jpg

artest is an excellent basketball player, but hte kid is mentally defective..

he aint gettin enough $$$$$$$$, its not about playing time or anything..
he wants to sign for a team like cavs or NY to get some good $$$$$$.....

well if its money he wants then he's most likely not going to get it from cavs as they spent 150 million on players in the off season, so im thinkin he aint gettn his dollars from them

He won't get money from Cavs, buried on the bench behind LBJ (even though he said he wouldn't mind going to Cavs).

Knicks only have garbage, so if I'm Indiana, I don't deal. And as for Sac-Town, Ron-Ron has clearly stated his desire to be in East, so no point in trading away an All-Star for nothing.

Apparently from bball.net or somewhere

Bulls send:

Ben , Noc and Songaila (after 23rd) .
and if needed we can add one of our 1st rounders to indy (or NY , whatever , maybe returning them swap rights at 2007). Personally I don't think the other teams get screwed at all given the situation (I think it's good for all 3 teams), but it's an option...

Bulls get:

Frye , Ariza and Pollard

NY sends:

Frye , Ariza and AD

NY gets:

Artest , Bender and Songaila

Pacers send:

Artest , Pollard and Bender

Pacers get:

Ben , Nocioni and AD

Why for NY: They get the best player in the trade. and he happens to be a SF they need. Ron is a top player in the league and wants to play for them. Brown will get his perimiter defense the Knicks really lack. Songaila will give them pf time replacing AD , he's probably better than both remainig pf's (Rose and Lee). There is no way in hell they can get a player of Rons status without sending Frye.

why for Pacers: They get a young top talent who scores from outside (and they seem to like him if reports are true). They mannage to somehow lose Benders useless contract (well , NY is in the deal) what will save them paying him 15 mil (plus 15 mil lux tax) for nothing , saving 30 mil ain't bad. They get Nocioni who has proven to be a solid starter in the league and although not even close to Artest abilities he can give them his crazy toughness and aggressiveness at wing. And they get AD who can help them in the Middle (AD still likes Indiana) as a hard nosed Vet for rebounding and solid defense. Plus he's a huge expiring contract to give them relief. Add to that they actually need to trade Ron since he publically asked for it.

Why for Bulls: It's hard to send away Ben and Noc , and even worse to Indiana. can't imagine how bad it would feel to have Ben scoring against us at crunchtime 4 times a season , or Noc hammerring Deng to the floor.But I think we hit the price here , and mostly get more ballance. Frye is a great young big prospect , and on a fresh rookie contract. he'd pair well with Tyson imo. Ariza would give us another young prospect who can defend the sg position. Pollard to help our size requirements in rotation , and is expiring. The beautiful thing about it is we still have TT's huge expiring contract and few 1st rounders , to make another move by Midseason. Plus , this trade actually increases our cap room next year (by about 4 mil) , which we'd probably use to sign restricted Ariza.

Interesting. That'd mean that the Knicks have given the Bulls - Sweetney, Ariza, Frye & Thomas (& others) for Eddy Curry and to lose Ben Gordon & Andres Nocioni.

If S.Jax can switch to SF, and Gordon be consistent starter for Pacers, then they'd be a dangerous team.

just to throw a spanner in the works

The Celtics have placed the obligatory call to the Pacers to inquire about Ron Artest, but, according to sources, there are no bargains to be had as Indiana tries to move the talented but troubled wing man.

There are no firm reports on what the Celtics may have brought up, but logic would say that Mark Blount and his contract were in the mix.

While teams this week tried to decide whether the entire package that is Ron Artest is right for their situation, Paul Pierce cast a yea ballot.

“Without question, I definitely wouldn’t mind going to war with Ron Artest,” the Celtics captain said yesterday.

Asked if Artest’s emotional issues are offset by his talent, Pierce said, “I think so. I mean, it depends on the coach who can bring that all together. I think the coach has a lot to do with it. People will put him in a class with Dennis Rodman, but what Phil (Jackson) and Michael Jordan were able to do with him — just bring out his talents and leave all that other stuff on the side — it made it work.”

Pierce, however, didn’t bother to walk up the stairs at the Celtics practice facility to express his feelings to Danny Ainge.

“I don’t think they (the Pacers) will trade him to the Eastern Conference,” he said. “It’d be nice though.”

Meanwhile, Pierce’s coach at first tried to avoid the Artest question.

“I’m not touching that one at all,” Doc Rivers said. “That’s a Danny Ainge question. I think you should ask him. I want to read that answer.”

On the matter of players who are equally troubled and talented, Rivers said, “I think every case is individual. I would love to give you the Artest answer, but I really have not given it a lot of thought yet. But I do think from the (Terrell Owens of the world) to the Ron Artests, sometimes they fit and it works, and sometimes it’s a bad gamble.

“Dennis Rodman, in my opinion, was a good gamble for every team he played on because at the end of the day -- even with all his distractions -- when he got on the floor he did his job, and he did it extremely well. And it wasn’t a distraction personally team-wise, it was more of a circus around him. I actually thought he helped us with the Spurs because while everyone was chasing his circus we could go home after the game. I thought he was a good distraction. There’s other guys when they’re attacking their teammates and all that stuff, those are bad distractions.

“With Artest, I don’t know. I don’t know if that’s good or bad. I know he’s a hell of a player. I’ll say that. And it’s rare that you have a guy that every night you can say, ‘You stop him,’ and you don’t have to worry about him. That’s a heck of a value.”

The Pacers are putting Artest on the inactive list as they try to deal him. That means Pierce won’t have him in his way when Indiana visits the Garden tonight.

“I’m a little disappointed at that, man,” Pierce said. “I think we’ve really had some great battles over the years. Unfortunately, I guess the next time we do battle it won’t be with him in an Indiana uniform.

“I think he’s pretty much the best defensive player in the NBA. You’re talking about a guy who can defend pretty much four positions. He’s strong. He’s got good quickness, got great hands. And then the way his offense has been coming around, it’s unfortunate that it’s come down to this situation with him.”

Back
Top Bottom