Anyone tried Upper Deck Epacks?

quick bit of advice if any one has some, I have received a trade offer today for my Lincoln booklet for a bill Paxton aliens autograph do you think this is fair?

doing a quick ebay sold search, shows that the lincoln booklet is probably about $80 and the bill paxton is somewhere around $50-70. There seems to be a few different lincoln booklets tho and I dont know enough about them to understand what is higher/lower valued, however I have found with the epack site, unless you want the item you are trading for, I wouldn't bother unless you are getting serious value, trading on the site has become a lot harder as less people log on, so it depends on what you want to do with either card. If neither interest you, send back a counter with something that does or send them a message saying the you aren't interested in that card, but would be willing for XYZ card.

Thats my advice :)

Hmm, i am not a fan of the design on these ones, think Im going to skip it. I have seen quite a few of the inserts and nothing is jumping out at me. There are still a few releases that should hit over the next few months, Doctor Strange (Dec), Marvel Gems (Dec), Marvel Annual (Feb 2017) so I think i am going to hold off. Especially with black friday being this weekend, hopefully I can pick up a case or 2 of some stuff nice and cheap.

yeah I would agree nothing really jumps out as awesome in that set, and the odds for anything good seem a little steep, so I wont get anything from this release

I tried 4 packs just for the sake of it, no real hits from what i can see, 2 Sp base + 1 insert
no printing plates for this set, so not really interested in purchasing any more
Epack cap america.JPG

See Dr Strange is available now, gave it a go, but didn't pull anything of note. At least the packs are fairly cheap compared to the physical product. Don't think I'll be doing much more though, both it and the Cap America set seem pretty ordinary. Nothing like the Masterpieces set...

Yeah I tried a pack nothing like the hobby boxes as there seems to be a lot of epack exclusive content.... See what happens if I get interested in more when I get bored

Tried a few more packs and pulled a costume card in Dr Strange and a couple of Trapped Ice in Cap - one being an SP that looks to have a bit of value....also pulled one of the 3D Supernaturals in the Goodwin stuff that seems pretty popular, had a couple of trade offers and they seem to sell for a fair price..

Wonder if Gens will end up on there as well... I was going to buy a box until I saw the makeup - $170 for 6 cards, and a 1 in 5 shot at a sketch being in the box...all a bit rich for me...

I grabbed 5 packs in the doc strange and got 3 parallels (2 orange 1 red) a strange things insert and a behind the lens insert.....probably not bad for the price but not really worth it for me..

I had a similar experience Sharky, I bought about 12 packs and got a not much, couple of parallels and a strange moments insert and a couple of behind the lens ones. Pretty disappointed.

I honestly hope they dont put Gems on ePack, they seem to be going down hill fast in the quality department for non-sport releases on epack. Goodwins was average, CA was poor and Dr Strange is an aweful substitute for the physical release. I read on another forum that they seem to be targetting the "Retail" market with these ePacks - which seems strange because with the release of MM, they smashed it out of the ball park, sold out in like 3-4 weeks of release and had a heap of people visiting the site constantly.

It might even simply be a ploy to drop cheap junk on there so that when they do have another MM type release that is sort after, they get heaps of side sales from people wanting more of that release, as I am sure they got a lot of people buying the hockey & alien stuff that they wouldn't have had they not joined to get MM stuff.

Out of the 3 (Cap America, Doctor Strange and Marvel Gems) think Marvel Gems has the best chase/inserts.

Looks like a pretty nice product IMO.

Definite oversupply which is not going to help prices in the short-term.

Dunno, I had a little spend on there a while back, and got absolutely nothing...regretted it badly LOL.

Kind of over it a bit to be honest, you buy a $5 pack (more for us), and maybe you get a parallel or base insert that you can send home (at a further cost), but the rest are worthless. It's getting a bit like Star Wars Card Trader, just an app - but this one is always pay to play. At least with the Jusko set you could send home all the cards you pulled.

yeah I have gotten bored with the Card Trader apps, little to no reward might pull a digital signature or a digital mem piece but what's the point really.

MM was an awesome release even Goodwin's was a good chance at an auto or something but lately everything else seems worthless I spent to much on dr strange then I should have for no result and I have picked up a few packs of dinosaur but it seems boring so I don't know what to do with the new marvel, I may just wait until comc is flooded with the inserts and nab a few there

Yeah, I check in to SWCT and Huddle maybe once a week if I'm lucky. At least that doesn't cost anything to play I suppose, but I don't really chase anything at all. Haven't done a trade in ages.

Bought a few packs of Dinosaur, got some supposedly rarish ones but most are pretty worthless. Will wait and see on the Marvel, but couldn't bring myself to buy a box of the real product, so not sure I'll bite.

This hobby as a whole is really getting harder and harder to justify the required spend on these days. And the Epacks should really be a lot cheaper considering most of them can't be turned into real cards. $2 packs or something would probably sell a lot better. As some have said over on blowout, they should drop the prices on Dr Strange and the other older releases - that's what happens to the real world product once interest wanes.

Yeah it is hard to justify the price when all you get is a low insert, it seems that it geared toward parallel building get your 20 base cards and exchange for a special parallel but you don't get to keep your base cards for $5 a packet, that is what was good about MM everything you could keep.

I am hoping for a guardians release but then I will probably buy a couple of physical boxes when that drops

It's getting a bit like Star Wars Card Trader, just an app - but this one is always pay to play. At least with the Jusko set you could send home all the cards you pulled.

100% agree, I have spent a little bit on some of the other ones, just to see what they are like, but stopped pretty quickly because you get a heap of junk with a super rare chance at getting something worth admission, I am not a fan of the combine 20 to get 1 card, thats simply ridiculous, spend $76US on a box of doctor strange and you get a couple of parallels and a couple of inserts and a bunch of jpegs with a 1:4 chance at a single material piece, and a 1:20 chance at an auto, whereas you can buy a box of the hobby release for similar price or even less and get a couple of inserts, a couple of material pieces and either a sketch, an auto or a high end insert (triple material, lettercard etc..) its just really poor value, I didn't mind paying full retail for MM16 because it was basically sold out in most places anyway and the chance of getting something worth while was much better, but unless they improve the deal with upcoming releases on epacks I can't see myself continuing to use it once I finally finish off my MM sets..

Back
Top Bottom