Anyone else's wife react like this?

Mattstorm

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Matt
On the way home tonight, my wife was asking me about how I'm going getting the cards I need for traders. She then proceeded to tell me that she thinks it's really cute that a bunch of grown men still trade cards together online. Does anyone else get this reaction from their wife/partner or am I just lucky?

I tell my wife about something I got out of a packet - “oh it’s worth a hundred bucks?”.

She retorts “yeah? But are you gonna sell it?”.

Touché.

She does genuinely like the cards and hobby though. She loves footy and cricket which makes it easy although she does question if I need a case of common cards and tries to work out how many common sets that is.
And she’s happy for me to chat with IP collectors like @Wookiedragon at games.
She doesn’t enjoy the dining table piled with half finished sets, etc lol.

Now my kids are collectors too, we all work together on costs/spending and collecting.

I collect vinyl records more than cards. And one band in particular i collect multiple copies of their albums (different countries etc).
My wife once asked me why. So i sat her down and explained every variation and how they are different. 15 minutes later she walked away regretting she ever asked.
Now when i get cards or a new record - she doesnt even bother to ask, in case i finish my rather enthusiastic and extremely detailed explanation.

That made me smile
I dont say anything anymore, She says you get something in the mail every day, I say no theres only mail now on monday, wednesday and friday.
sometimes i may get some mail on other days that end in y.
And then she says you never ever even look at them, they go straight in the albums and in the cupboard.
Reply. Yep.

I collect vinyl records more than cards. And one band in particular i collect multiple copies of their albums (different countries etc).
My wife once asked me why. So i sat her down and explained every variation and how they are different. 15 minutes later she walked away regretting she ever asked.
Now when i get cards or a new record - she doesnt even bother to ask, in case i finish my rather enthusiastic and extremely detailed explanation.
I’m a card collector NRL & cricket but music and film too. Wife long ago stopped asking me why I needed a regular CD, extended edition, Japanese edition and a celebratory box set. If I get one more release of Def Leppard’s Hysteria I think she’ll divorce me.

That's not going to make them many sales. A) a lot of things on eBay don't sell because they're overpriced and b) you're giving up a sale for a perceived potential gain that won't eventuate in a market.

I’m a card collector NRL & cricket but music and film too. Wife long ago stopped asking me why I needed a regular CD, extended edition, Japanese edition and a celebratory box set. If I get one more release of Def Leppard’s Hysteria I think she’ll divorce me.
Just tell her I sent it too you Chris, I am happy to wear the blame. Never enough copies of Hysteria 😂

Back
Top Bottom