Another break in!

Update, as luck would have it a dealer who will remain anonymous had purchased the stolen cards the day after it happened, and they very kindly got in contact with me when they realised what had happened.

So now the police have them and I can pick them up. Which is of course great news. I am going to repay the trader the money they spent in good faith, but thats a small price to pay.

I feel a bit bad that my stuff is coming home but my wifes stuff isnt!

Update, as luck would have it a dealer who will remain anonymous had purchased the stolen cards the day after it happened, and they very kindly got in contact with me when they realised what had happened.

So now the police have them and I can pick them up. Which is of course great news. I am going to repay the trader the money they spent in good faith, but thats a small price to pay.

I feel a bit bad that my stuff is coming home but my wifes stuff isnt!

thats still great news tho, you never now once they track them down they may well find out where the rest of the stuff is.
does the trader or any store near them have security cameras? and can he recall the time they came in? maybe he will see them come in again?

Hopefully there are cameras or the perp comes back into the store. I'd be checking in with Cash converters and any second hand places near your friends shop in case they sold everything off around the same time.

often all it can take is a near by store like a servo or even a traffic surveillance camera to catch a view of them and as long as the time is known they were there it should be easy for the police to get the footage and the card store owner/whoever served them to review the tape to see who they are.

It's a pitty people don't keep records of where cards/other hobby stuff comes from, ie if you pawn something at Cashies, you need ID, etc.

Good news that you're getting your cards back, hopefully some more good news will follow for your wife.

I don't want to be the one to put the dark cloud over things, but has anyone else wondered if it's someone on here? I mean we're all a good bunch and we show off our cards a lot, so it wouldnt take much for the wrong (or ill)-minded person to catch on and locate some of these collections.

Just seemed very strange to me that we had 2 separate guys in almost same time-frame say that they'd been broken into. I certainly hope it's not the case, but one has to wonder.

Again, good luck with the positive results, I'm sure I'm not alone when I wish you well in relocating the stolen items.

Yeah I found it odd that it happened so close time wise but they are in different states so I doubt they are related.

Also, you're not the only to wonder if it's someone on here. Whilst I'd hope they weren't on here, there are some bad apples unfortunately.

Haha, maybe we need a second hand card regulation like second hand dealers have now.

It's a pitty people don't keep records of where cards/other hobby stuff comes from, ie if you pawn something at Cashies, you need ID, etc.

Good news that you're getting your cards back, hopefully some more good news will follow for your wife.

I don't want to be the one to put the dark cloud over things, but has anyone else wondered if it's someone on here? I mean we're all a good bunch and we show off our cards a lot, so it wouldnt take much for the wrong (or ill)-minded person to catch on and locate some of these collections.

Just seemed very strange to me that we had 2 separate guys in almost same time-frame say that they'd been broken into. I certainly hope it's not the case, but one has to wonder.

Again, good luck with the positive results, I'm sure I'm not alone when I wish you well in relocating the stolen items.

Crossed my mind for a split second, but the cards that were left far outvalued the ones that were taken, simply because a box of Plastic snap tights weighed more than a few folders. I dont think they knew what they were doing from a card point of view.

I would be guttered if someone took off with my cards let alone anything else. I'm gonna look into insurance, what do you need e.g. photos, valuation if you are robbed of your cards and who's the best insurer?

I have recently moved all my cards into a secure storage locker. Does not cost much and is fully alarmed and insured.

I figure anyone that has traded with me knows my address and reading stories like this makes me nervous. :cautious:

I have recently moved all my cards into a secure storage locker. Does not cost much and is fully alarmed and insured.

I figure anyone that has traded with me knows my address and reading stories like this makes me nervous. :cautious:
that's a good idea but a pain in the ass going back to the storage locker every time you get a new card in

damn I was ready to raid you next week.

on a more important note, please provide further details on this storage locker options. insurances comes with the storage?, etc..

is it fully closed off? roof and bottom ie so rats dont get in.
is it simply a big deposit box size or a walk in storage locker?

Back
Top Bottom