andrew johns 2013 esp legend card

Morning James.......God does know what I'm on about, it's about knowing what's right & rectifying the problem. I will be putting another thread up Re. The 1996 gold signature series acetate &master cels.

I meant god knows what ESP are on about, saying that there were only five error cards and that they will replace them. It will be across the whole lot, and I'd be very surprised if they do anything about it. I wouldn't if I was them.

Perhaps there was confusion in the "five error cards" comment, maybe there are five different cards across the series that have errors on every copy.

Perhaps there was confusion in the "five error cards" comment, maybe there are five different cards across the series that have errors on every copy.
4 cards that have been on eBay have had the spelling"uthless" instead of ruthless,Brent (Kiwi06 has the 5th. The "uthless" is the only issue I have for the time being

4 cards that have been on eBay have had the spelling"uthless" instead of ruthless,Brent (Kiwi06 has the 5th. The "uthless" is the only issue I have for the time being

Yeah but have we seen a card that is spelled with the 'R' yet?

So it is likely that the "5 error card" comment referred to 5 different cards in the set all having errors. If the NRL are upset about the possibility of only 5 of the one card being wrong, wonder how they react when they discover all of them are actually wrong.

Hi everyone, ( ooneil , knuckledown )

Had a chat with Terry at ESP and he was happy to share this response with you:

Dear Matt,

Thank for your note re: the Andrew Johns Signature Card:

Firstly the information provided to Paul Leonard by Brett at the NRL was not correct, Brett had not spoken to ESP prior to speaking to Paul. We have since spoken to the NRL and corrected them on ESP’s position on this Error. At this time we believe that the error may affect all 208 Andrew Johns Cards.

The pre-production print proof approved by the NRL was in fact 100% correct, the error has occurred during the final printing phase in Australia.

We are continuing to investigate how the cards made it through the signing phase without the error being picked up.

In order to protect the collectability of the card and keep only 208 in the market place we have set up the following procedure which will be strictly followed…

> 1. Collectors need to register with us that they have received a card and that they wish it to be replaced. This can be done by email [email protected] . We need their full name and address and a photo of the card.

> 2. The Collector will be informed that whilst the artwork was in fact correct, a computer glitch in the print process resulted in the "r" being dropped off the word. This is an extremely rare occurrence. The collector will also be advised that ESP is committed to protecting the integrity of the collectible and of the trading card program and as such, whilst we are happy to replace the card and arrange for a new signature, we can only do so once we have received the original card back from the collector. On receipt of this, we will log the number of that collectors card and provide them with a replacement of the same number. Their original card will then be destroyed. This is to ensure that only 208 of these cards are in the market.

> 3. We will issued the collector with a signed stat dec that the original card has been destroyed.

> 4. If the collector does not wish to give up their original card we cannot issue a replacement card given that it will increase the number of cards available in the market.

Regards

Terry

Thanks Matt26. That does clarify things.

Although how does an R fall off during the printing process? :confused:

I work for a company that is in the printing/imaging industry and it does happen.

Personally id probably prefer to keep the card as is. This may end up being rarer than the ones replaced.

I remember there was a Jordan insert that was an error from the early 90s that was corrected and the error card took off in price on the secondary market!

Seems like the best way to fix the issue. Well done ESP, you could have done a whole lot less.

Seems like the best way to fix the issue. Well done ESP, you could have done a whole lot less.
Hi Shane.....You've obviously been to the ESP web sight & seen the apology they have extended for any inconvenience this error has caused, you to would have noted the directions they issued on their site Re ones options regarding this card........Don't try to con an old con, they were going to let it ride

Hi everyone, ( ooneil , knuckledown )

Had a chat with Terry at ESP and he was happy to share this response with you:

Dear Matt,

Thank for your note re: the Andrew Johns Signature Card:

Firstly the information provided to Paul Leonard by Brett at the NRL was not correct, Brett had not spoken to ESP prior to speaking to Paul. We have since spoken to the NRL and corrected them on ESP’s position on this Error. At this time we believe that the error may affect all 208 Andrew Johns Cards.

The pre-production print proof approved by the NRL was in fact 100% correct, the error has occurred during the final printing phase in Australia.

We are continuing to investigate how the cards made it through the signing phase without the error being picked up.

In order to protect the collectability of the card and keep only 208 in the market place we have set up the following procedure which will be strictly followed…

> 1. Collectors need to register with us that they have received a card and that they wish it to be replaced. This can be done by email [email protected] . We need their full name and address and a photo of the card.

> 2. The Collector will be informed that whilst the artwork was in fact correct, a computer glitch in the print process resulted in the "r" being dropped off the word. This is an extremely rare occurrence. The collector will also be advised that ESP is committed to protecting the integrity of the collectible and of the trading card program and as such, whilst we are happy to replace the card and arrange for a new signature, we can only do so once we have received the original card back from the collector. On receipt of this, we will log the number of that collectors card and provide them with a replacement of the same number. Their original card will then be destroyed. This is to ensure that only 208 of these cards are in the market.

> 3. We will issued the collector with a signed stat dec that the original card has been destroyed.

> 4. If the collector does not wish to give up their original card we cannot issue a replacement card given that it will increase the number of cards available in the market.

Regards

Terry
I have spent the last 24 hrs relocating & securing my collection due to the fact that my name has been bandied aound the country side for all to see.
What was said between the NRL & ESP would have been under damage control conditions with everyone trying to cover their own anal orifices.
The precedent has now been set with the error & the procedure ESP has outlined to you for redeeming error cards cannot work to the fullest satisfaction of the collector for the simple reason that you can have any number you want with Mums nail polish remover & a marker pen, until such times as there is an accompanying COA for both redeemed & held cards we'll have doubt & suspicion & even then whilst ever marker pen is used to number cards there will always be that shadow of doubt
In the meantime I will be keeping my error Number 1. & error Number 7

I have spent the last 24 hrs relocating & securing my collection due to the fact that my name has been bandied aound the country side for all to see.
What was said between the NRL & ESP would have been under damage control conditions with everyone trying to cover their own anal orifices.
The precedent has now been set with the error & the procedure ESP has outlined to you for redeeming error cards cannot work to the fullest satisfaction of the collector for the simple reason that you can have any number you want with Mums nail polish remover & a marker pen, until such times as there is an accompanying COA for both redeemed & held cards we'll have doubt & suspicion & even then whilst ever marker pen is used to number cards there will always be that shadow of doubt
In the meantime I will be keeping my error Number 1. & error Number 7

What?! Wasn't the whole point of this to get your cards corrected?! :lol:

I think the correction card will end up being the rarer of the two here. I would be jumping all over one.

Back
Top Bottom