All-Time Test Cricket Draft

@Scotty_WCE I believe it’s your shot mate!
Indeed it is! :)
Gee I picked a good week to go overseas! Missed all the action.....

Pick 1 - Walter Hammond
Pick 2 - Curtley Ambrose
Pick 3 - Kumar Sangakkarra
Good to hear from you mate. Sorry we started without you! Still three very good players that you picked :)
My next pick - number 23 overall - is someone who I was tossing up picking with my previous pick, so I'm very glad he's still available.

Complementing the left-arm "Sultan of Swing" Wasim Akram will be the right-arm "Whispering Death" Malcolm Marshall. With 376 Test wickets at an average under 21, as well as a very fair batting average of a tick under 19 I couldn't go past him.

3. Sir Vivian Richards
6. Sir Garry Sobers
8. Wasim Akram
9. Malcolm Marshall

Back to you @Keatoboy for a couple of picks!

Time to pick a wicket keeper! Some may not have expected this but I’ll take AB de Villiers. He’s spent a fair bit of time behind the stumps for South Africa along with being a mastermind with the bat so he’ll fit right in!

Should also probably throw in an all rounder so I’ll pick Sir Ian ‘Beefy’ Botham!

2. AB de Villiers
3. Sir Donald Bradman
4. Brian Lara
5. Sir Ian Botham
11. Muttiah Muralitharan

Back to you! @Scotty_WCE

Time to pick a wicket keeper! Some may not have expected this but I’ll take AB de Villiers. He’s spent a fair bit of time behind the stumps for South Africa along with being a mastermind with the bat so he’ll fit right in!

Should also probably throw in an all rounder so I’ll pick Sir Ian ‘Beefy’ Botham!

2. AB de Villiers
3. Sir Donald Bradman
4. Brian Lara
5. Sir Ian Botham
11. Muttiah Muralitharan

Back to you! @Scotty_WCE
I was going to pick AB with my next pick... and I still will! I was in fact going to take the great Aussie captain, Allan Border. With a Test batting average above 50 before it was fashionable thanks to over 11,000 Test runs, as well as some handy part-time left-arm spin (which once yielded 7 wickets in an innings and 11 wickets in a match), he will provide my team with some grit and fight and slot in very nicely at number 4.

3. Sir Vivian Richards
4. Allan Border
6. Sir Garry Sobers
8. Wasim Akram
9. Malcolm Marshall

@Wookiedragon has another pick now!

Maybe we could do an All-Time ODI team next @Scotty_WCE :)
Great idea! I'd definitely be keen for that!
That would be fun too bad I missed this one I could have the leftovers to make a team
That would be interesting mate, maybe you can pick 11 players who nobody picked after we've all filled our teams and we can incorporate that into the final process to work out who has the "best" team!

Great idea! I'd definitely be keen for that!

That would be interesting mate, maybe you can pick 11 players who nobody picked after we've all filled our teams and we can incorporate that into the final process to work out who has the "best" team!

I just spoke to @BLOWN8 and @Keatoboy - the three of us have no problem with Jason joining in the fun if Craig, Daniel and yourself don’t either :)

Ok my next two picks were taken so after much thinking(ouch)
My #8 is the late great Richie benuad
My #2 is one of the best openers I seen as a youngster gorden greenidge
Over to you @BLOWN8

Better do up a team list for me too :)

1 - Walter Hammond
3 - Greg Chappell
4 - Steve Smith
7 - Kumar Sangakkara
8 - Clarrie Grimmett
11 - Curtley Ambrose

Last edited:
Back